Day 1 of my Return! Dun dun dun. A semi-comedic journal.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited April 2022
    Feigr said:
    It may be the colored ones I'm thinking about like doing a red and blue tribarrel for a purple.

Mine didn't work.  I'll retest.
    Yes you have to let them self pollinate. Any pollination by you will not make the same as parent. 

I'm sure someone has all the tribarrel colors on your shard. You just need 1 of each color to plant and leave for the whole cycle and you will have 8 seeds of each.

Also this bug is what allows us to get black and white of the "new" plants from tokuno. From the plant quest in the ant holes. Before you could get only the old types.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    The wheelbarrow plants look more realistic, you can dye the plain ones any plant color. They can come in rare colors.

I collect my 35 and put them in Luna I got 4 color ones this round usually I get 1 or 2.

Someone was snagging the ones they liked so all are not in the picture.

Most players without plants would probably like these more than the ones we grow.

• FeigrFeigr Posts: 456
    edited April 2022
    I like the plant system. I like the predictability and planning it out to get all the colors and types.  it was one of the few things with little RNG.  White and black was it.
    Thanks Violet I do appreciate the seeds VERY MUCH.  I find doing the plants soothing and easy to do while I'm paying attention in a meeting.  It's just one of those systems I'm passionate about.  

These seeds will help me complete my collection though.  You're the best.
    Amazing what happens when you ask for something or say you don't have something and want it.

:) 
    Day 36  Bought another 5 Soulstones.  I'm up to 19 now.  Why'd ya'll make the Enchanted Soulstone Vessel total items cap at 20? That's crazy.  58 or 59 would be the ideal IMO.  You've already eliminated the ability to abuse lockdowns by limiting it just to soulstones.

I did some more egg hunting because my eggs are selling.  Hunting down lost item owners is very hard.  In Trinsic there are spaces outside the wall and between water.  You'll never be able to turn into NPCs that are there unless there's a hidden wall or something.

And if it's in Britain, forget about it. LOL Just drop it in the bank.

I GM'd Fletching.  I GM'd Mining.  I'm leveling Cartography next.  I attended the PaxLair meeting and it's going to be an exciting week.  Oddly I'm looking most forward to the auction.  But everything sounds great.

I got the seeds Violet dropped off.  She gave me 2 of every color seed.  Or Colour if you prefer.

LOL

---

Funniest Thing Seen in Chat: 

Biggest Bug Encountered: At least in EC, when browsing a vendor and using Legacy Containers toggled on... the tooltip will not change as you move your mouse across multiple items.  The tooltip moves, but it will continue to read as if it's still hovering over the first item.  The items may need to be close together to replicate, but I'm able to get this bug to work 100% of the time.

Today's Question: Is there a good resource for what's going to happen in the next part of the event? I keep hearing about details but I am just piecing it together from word of mouth instead of reading it.  Is it dropping Friday? 

Today’s Recommendation: Steal from Warcraft's latest announcement.  They steal things.  Make a commission based system where a person can place an order for a crafted item.  Instead of sellers selling everything, someone can put a commission out for it.  It doesn't even have to be crafting.  Maybe someone wants a +5 stat scroll.  Maybe someone wants a clean +20% Splintering weapon.  A person that likes to hunt normal monsters or craft can go try to find the items being commissioned and bought.  I really love this idea. 

Maybe I want a Daemon Bone Skull.  I can put a commission up for 5 mil and someone can read it and go hunt for a couple of hours of fun.  I wake up to someone having gotten the skull for me.  They get the 5 mil.

Favorite Moment This Session:  Getting the seeds in my mailbox was a great gift.  Thank you.

Favorite Player Seen: Terrapin put his guild into the Alliance tonight.

What I Watched While Playing: Lots of work meetings today.  But did watch the Warcraft announcement.

Today’s Funny Picture: 

Its Easter
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Sweetz was wondering if that bunny can be available tonight for the governor's meeting......
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Feigr said:

Biggest Bug Encountered: At least in EC, when browsing a vendor and using Legacy Containers toggled on... the tooltip will not change as you move your mouse across multiple items.  The tooltip moves, but it will continue to read as if it's still hovering over the first item.  The items may need to be close together to replicate, but I'm able to get this bug to work 100% of the time.

When moving from one item to the other move in a  V, off the first item to an empty space then up to the next item.
    Mariah said:
    Feigr said:

When moving from one item to the other move in a  V, off the first item to an empty space then up to the next item.

Yea, some of these have simple solutions, still shouldn't have to I wouldn't think.  Some bugs are less a problem than others, that was just the biggest one I found.
    Day 37 GM'd Cartography.  That started off so easy, but I burned every SoA on Chessy to get to 99.4 and use a .6 SoT.  That was terrible.  I thought it'd be a relaxing day today before moving on to Tailoring and Blacksmithing.  I got those 120 scrolls and I began Blacksmithing.  It's at 90 now.

I killed a few Miasma, but that mortal strike is a pain with pets.  

---

Funniest Thing Seen in Chat: 

Wasn't me!

Biggest Bug Encountered: If you have 124 items in your pack, your pack doesn't seem to register as full for some reason when crafting the 125th map.  Even if you have the available weight.  Instead it will drop on the floor.  This does create some interesting things you can do while training the skill.  Like decorating Luna.  But it wasn't me!

Today's Question: None today, thanks.

Today’s Recommendation: None today

Favorite Moment This Session:  Eh, I just parked my butt at a forge and tried to get to 120 Blacksmithing.  I did finish Cartography, which was a PAIN.

Favorite Player Seen: Glory is a funny dude.

What I Watched While Playing: Waffles_McGreggor

Today’s Funny Picture: 28 Internet Responses That Nailed It

120 Blacksmithing! Thank you to all my alliance members that offered me SOAs and SOTs.  Was still a long night, but would have been a long week if not for all that help.  Too tired for a daily post though! 
    120 Tailoring! Woohoo.
  • Feigr said:
    120 Tailoring! Woohoo.
    Yay!!
    Day 40 Been a busy few days.  I logged in to hear Leviathin struggling with an Eodon map and I grabbed Slatra and my greater dragon to go help.  That poisoning Dino is a real pain in the rear.  We managed it though!  Leviathin has given me a lot of scrolls and it was nice to finally help a bit.

Scarlett dropped off an Animal Taming mastery 3 book in my mail.  That was super nice.  I took it and began fighting Balrons in blood.  I like to have the "Lady/Lord" titles before I mark items.  So I did that and used consume on the Paragon Balrons.  It still took me 300 bandages to kill the paragon.

When I got "Lady" title I crafted all my characters Runic Atlas.  They're all set.  I set up a vendor for Slatra as well.  

I took Slatra out on the High Seas.  The goal being to get her that slug pet.  I went out searching for pirates, but quickly found TWO beacons.  Grob showed me the ropes on the first one.  The 2nd one I messed up on a bit and took some damage, but it wasn't bad.  I took on a few merchant ships too.  Man the loot is great. 

I haven't found any gold ingots yet though and I want to make a luck suit for Feigr.  I'm having a really tough time getting the Daemon Bone Helm from efreets.

I think today I'm going to do more High Seas.  I found it very fun.  I may even begin to dabble in Mysticism on a new character.

---

Funniest Thing Seen in Chat: Me and Leviathin Benny Hilling it on a Trove map in Eodon.

Biggest Bug Encountered: I encountered a few bugs and I'm going to list them all so I don't forget.  These are all High Seas related.

#1 You can't add to stacks in the cannon storage without taking one of the items out first.  It won't let you add to stacks when there are three items in the storage.

#2 Ship Tracking bugs out sometimes.  I can't figure out what causes it, but I caught myself sailing around for an hour trying to find ships.  Finally I told it to stop tracking and then start tracking again and it began working again.  It may be server line related.

#3 When merchant ships are moving, my shots missed even though my cannon was pointed right at them the entire duration of the firing.

Today's Question: I have this week long alacrity token I redeemed with Slatra, will it work with other characters I have or just Slatra?

2nd Question... I launched boat in Tokuno.  How do you get quests for things like the orc ship parts in Tokuno? Do I have to relaunch in Trammel or Facets? Is the market in Facets?

Today’s Recommendation: Remove player boats from boat tracking.

Favorite Moment This Session:  Doing a Beacon solo and one with Grob.  Getting a Taming Book 3 from Scarlett was really awesome too.

Favorite Player Seen: Met a player from Waffles_McGreggor's Stream and gonna see about getting her into the Alliance when NANOC is back during the meeting.

What I Watched While Playing: I watched a lot these last few days.  Lots of Amazon movies.  I watched Titanic.  First time I've seen it.  I get it now.  Was a great movie.  Holds up too.

Today’s Funny Picture: 

23 Fresh Memes of the Dankest Kind

For my recommendation, it was just pointed out to me that player PVP on boats still exists so tracking them is necessary.  I agree. 
    Drop the items on the cannon. Don't open it.
  • JamesJames Posts: 81
    You can party with any player and they will get accelerated gains from the 1 week Alacrity token. All party members have to be on the same screen for this to work. If your other character is on the same account, then it can’t be partied. Only the character that claimed the token on that account can use it. You can train skills on the character that has the Alacrity, then transfer the skills to another character on the same account. Also, the named books and Blessed suit will change names, if used by another character on the same account.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Ship tracking needs toggles
    show
    Players ships 
    Orc ships 
    Gargoyle ships 
    Etc 
    In EC i just add a waypoint marker to where the player ship is 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    2nd Question... I launched boat in Tokuno.  How do you get quests for things like the orc ship parts in Tokuno? Do I have to relaunch in Trammel or Facets? Is the market in Facets?

The Quest guy is on the docks in Zento sitting on a bamboo stool near the bulletin board. It is faster to do the Quest in Tokuno - much less sailing time back and forth from quest guy to the pirate ship and back.
    I'm guessing you meant Feluuca instead of Facets. There is a Sea Market on fel side. I would guess it has Pirate Quest guy but I never went there to find out - note my picture  - a big a$$ chicken.
    Thank you all.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited April 2022
    Feigr said:

Biggest Bug Encountered: 

#1 You can't add to stacks in the cannon storage without taking one of the items out first.  It won't let you add to stacks when there are three items in the storage.

“this is a generic issue with moving one item from a container to a third party container, but you can drop them item onto the cannon itself and they’ll happily fall into the container without you needing to remove anything”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    If you stay on the same server you can recall back to the quest giver and claim the reward in Tokuno
    Yea, my other bug about shots missing could have been wrong too.  I saw myself shooting the cannon after turning the ship.  I could have been doing that last night.
    Day 41 If you own the house just by Yew Trammel Gate, White Dragon Inn, I bought every cannon shooting material except Grapeshot.  That stuff is annoying to grind out.

There was an IDOC in Fel, just south of the Britain Moongate.  Some said it may be a trap.  It ended up being empty.

I ran a bunch of ships and Beacons.  I died a couple times.  I wasn't paying attention to my health.  

I created my bard character Galdr.  I'm training her peacemaking/musicianship right now with a EC Macro.  Here's my character sheets so far with skills.  Should be able to paste it into Excel for easier reading.

Skill Power Scroll Mastery New Haven Quest Reward Character Template Finished Training
    Alchemy No       Yes
    Anatomy Yes   Tunic of Guarding   Grandmaster
    Animal Lore Slatra     Slatra Yes
    Animal Taming Slatra Slatra 3   Slatra Yes
    Archery Yes Yes Heartseeker    
    Arms Lore No       Yes
    Begging No        
    Blacksmithy Brokkr   Hammer of Hephaestus Brokkr Yes
    Bowcraft & Fletching No       Yes
    Bushido Yes Yes The Dragon's Tail    
    Camping No        
    Carpentry No       Yes
    Cartography No       Yes
    Chivalry Yes Feigr 3 Bulwark Leggings    
    Cooking No        
    Detecting Hidden No        
    Discordance Galdr Yes   Galdr  
    Evaluating Intelligence Yes   Ring of Savant Slatra  
    Fencing Yes Feigr 3 Recaro's Reposte    
    Fishing Yes        
    Focus Yes   Clasp of Concentration   Grandmaster
    Forensic Evaluation No       Yes
    Healing Feigr   Healer's Touch Feigr  
    Herding No        
    Hiding No   Accelerated Only    
    Imbuing Yes     Galdr  
    Inscription No   Hallowed Spellbook   Yes
    Item Identification No        
    Lockpicking No       Yes
    Lumberjacking No       Yes
    Mace Fighting Yes Feigr 3 Churchill's War Mace    
    Magery Slatra Slatra 2 Ember Staff Slatra  
    Meditation Yes   Philosopher's Hat   Grandmaster
    Mining No   Jacob's Pickaxe   Yes
    Musicianship Galdr     Galdr  
    Mysticism Yes Yes   Galdr  
    Necromancy Yes Yes Full Necromancy Spellbook    
    Ninjitsu Yes Yes Silver Serpent Blade    
    Parrying Yes Feigr 3 Escutcheon de Ariadne    
    Peacemaking Galdr Yes   Galdr  
    Poisoning No Yes      
    Provocation Galdr Yes   Galdr  
    Remove Trap No        
    Resisting Spells Yes   Bracelet of Resilience    
    Snooping No        
    Spellweaving Yes Yes      
    Spirit Speak Yes   Accelerated Only    
    Stealing Niddingr     Niddingr  
    Stealth Niddingr   Twilight Jacket Niddingr  
    Swordsmanship Yes Yes Jockles' Quicksword   Grandmaster
    Tactics Yes   Arms of Armstrong   Grandmaster
    Tailoring Brokkr   A Stitch In Time
    An Old Ring & An Old Necklace
    No Accelerated Gains
    Brokkr Yes
    Taste Identification No        
    Throwing Yes Yes      
    Tinkering No   Amelia's Toolbox   Yes
    Tracking No   Walker's Leggings    
    Veterinary Slatra     Slatra  
    Wrestling Yes Yes Gloves of Safeguarding    

---

Funniest Thing Seen in Chat: Not much tonight.  People were doing stuff, but I was watching shows and killing pirates.

Biggest Bug Encountered: This one is definitely a bug. I can repeat it.  Just follow the steps below.

1) I pulled 250 Fuse Cords, 250 Powder Charges, and 250 Cannon Balls out of my hold.  This put me overweight.

2) I separated the Cannon Balls into a pile of 200 and a pile of 50 by pulling out 50 and putting them in my bag.  The remaining 200 stone cannon balls were no longer counted on my weight.  Everything remained in my bag.

Circled below are 400 stones of materials.  

Today's Question: Is there a resource for what these varnish/polish things do?

Today’s Recommendation: None today.

Favorite Moment This Session:  This was a huge mess, but check out this situation I got myself into! I went hunting for a pirate and it ran to a beacon.  Then another Pirate ship showed up!

Favorite Player Seen: Sea life is a lonely life.

What I Watched While Playing: The show Community.

Today’s Funny Picture: 

Someone should take this to a public pool and annihilate all the little kids

There are enough cannon ammo, powder, and cords in the holds of pirate ships to never need to make or buy the stuff again.

Check and repair your cannons!
    edited April 2022
    Pawain said:
    There are enough cannon ammo, powder, and cords in the holds of pirate ships to never need to make or buy the stuff again.

Check and repair your cannons!
    The gargoyle ships take a lot of shots and I've been doing beacons that do not have extra resources on them.  The pirate ships do refresh some, like 18, but if you're doing things in mass like I did yesterday you do run out.
  • TXEggplantTXEggplant Posts: 160
    edited April 2022
    Feigr said:

Today's Question: Is there a resource for what these varnish/polish things do?

Yes. They are called armor refinements. You can look them up and see what they do. It's part of crafting. it's got a lot of moving parts so it's probably better to look it up versus me trying to explain it!

They are also great for throw out points. It's better to toss them out as is versus combined up to the top level. You'll get more points. 

I feel like refinements got lost in the imbuing thing. I've played around with it but, quite frankly, it all seems like a lot of math and I just hand my items over to the hubby for imbuing and refining and reforging and all that. 

If you don't want to toss the refinements, I'll take them off your hands (it's Maith). I combine them up to Invulnerability and either sell them or give them to Atwix so he can mess with them when it comes time to make my character a new suit. 
    Maith Ceol, Chesapeake
    Governor of Moonglow

Discord: txeggplant
    maithceol@gmail.com
    Hey Maith, yea, I've been tossing them. Someone said that in game, probably you.  I was just curious if there was a good page on it. Wasn't sure what term to use when looking it up.