Reminder: Get your vine wrap's while you can

Just wanted to remind everyone that this is probably the last week the dynamic champ spawn will be up so do it while you can. I think the date the Devs gave was around 4/22 so that would be this Friday.

Hopefully this will prevent the typical outrage people post the day these things end about "no communication".

Personally, I'm ready for the next part of this event to begin as I have more sashes than I know what to do with and I probably have a fraction of the number of sashes others do. 

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Around the 22cd??  so the next phase starts on a Friday? Or we have to wait until Monday?? A lack of communication leads to wild theories and unsatisfied customers...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    edited April 2022
    McDougle said:
    Around the 22cd??  so the next phase starts on a Friday? Or we have to wait until Monday?? A lack of communication leads to wild theories and unsatisfied customers...
    Wild theories? That seems a bit dramatic when we are just talking about an event cycle ending and anew one starting  :D

I'd also argue that there are quite a few customers who will always be unsatisfied no matter what; even if they were to give exact dates down to the second some people would be unhappy about the timing. 
    Oddly enough I've made this same basic post with every event the last couple years......
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Thanks for the reminder.  Enjoyed this event more than most of the others.  Liked that most players willing to play from start to finish got a sash.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    McDougle said:

The champ spawn will conclude on or about April 22, 2022. The next phase of the event, Wrath of the Fey, will begin shortly thereafter.

Oracles & Quest NPCs will conclude on or about July 1, 2022.

See you in Britannia,

UO Team

========

This was posted on Uo news on March 23.
    That is plenty time for notification.

=======

I assumed that means that since the quest givers will still be out,
    that you will still be able to get the eggs.
    And if the eggs are still out, that we can still get the colored rabbits,
    but there are people saying that it will also end on the 22nd.
    I asked the DEVs to confirm or deny that, but they have been silent on that.
    (so there are people spreading that info, whether it is true or not)

And what exactly does on and about mean ?? And shortly thereafter?? I mean really?? Is that a day a week anytime they feel like i truly don't understand why me wanting set dates somehow makes me the bad person??
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    McDougle said:
    Maybe you could pretend UO is a role playing game. 

Scouts have determined an uprising among the dragon kin but many spies have not returned and the best intelligence so far is soon after we quell the feys.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    I’m pretty sure everything but the Oracles & Quest NPCs will end the 22nd 
    you will be able to turn in eggs up until the 1st of July 
    @Mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak @anyone that  can respond;) 
  • ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    I did that spawn 3 times and my Karma had gone down by 10k points because of the TreeFellows  and I said that's it and never have done it since.  Poor monster choice in my opinion.
    You don't need to kill the tree fellows. I just run around explode/eb the bears. The tree fellows don;t even target me (positive karma). Same when it gets to the cu's.
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Parnoc said:
    I did that spawn 3 times and my Karma had gone down by 10k points because of the TreeFellows  and I said that's it and never have done it since.  Poor monster choice in my opinion.

I have a feeling you will really hate the next drop dungeon. Lol!
    edited April 2022
    Destard will be interesting as it's really only level 1 that has a large playing area and then level 2 is a fraction of the size and level 3 is tiny. It will be interesting given there are no contained areas so paragons will be roaming.

I think the big question will be are we getting reptiles / fey only? Or will the Paragon Balron be looking for victims? Can you imagine having a paragon Balron and Greater Dragon spawn? I can already imagine the posts that will come from a single paragon Greater Dragon... let alone 4 -5 of them lol. Another possible tough baddie would be a paragon ancient wyrm on level 3. Those would probably worse than a GD IMO.

I really was hoping they would drop the curio collector in the next couple days in the off-chance he has something to help us with the dungeon we would be able to prep getting that. I was also hoping that we could get a sneak peak at the items this week too for feedback; specifically on the whips / ranged weaps. Anything antique is a non starter but the stats really do need to synergize which has been something the Devs haven't been too keen on for weapons in the past (ie making the whips have mage weapon but no SC or just something silly like mana regen / resists).
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    I was hoping for a sneak peak at the items too. I'm wondering if I can skip this dungeon like I did Hythloth or do I have to mentally prepare myself for all the archers dragging 5 paragons all over then finally leaving them at the entrance.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Marge said:
    I was hoping for a sneak peak at the items too. I'm wondering if I can skip this dungeon like I did Hythloth or do I have to mentally prepare myself for all the archers dragging 5 paragons all over then finally leaving them at the entrance.

If they leave herding as is, it'll be an absolute bloodbath. 
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited April 2022
    keven2002 said:
    I think the big question will be are we getting reptiles / fey only? Or will the Paragon Balron be looking for victims? Can you imagine having a paragon Balron and Greater Dragon spawn? I can already imagine the posts that will come from a single paragon Greater Dragon... let alone 4 -5 of them lol. Another possible tough baddie would be a paragon ancient wyrm on level 3. Those would probably worse than a GD IMO.

Para GDs are worse than Para AWs. While the AWs have higher Base Damage and Resists (which don't matter to AI), the GDs have higher HP, Strength, Skills (Wrest/Tact in particular), and their Bleed Attack interrupts bandage healing. Most of a Para GD or Para AWs damage output can be neutered with Stagger+Hit Fatigue from a Macer. Why i made this.

Getting hit by a Firebreath and claw at the same time though can still hurt though, lots of burst damage then.

What's going to be the most dangerous foe in Destard, is Paragon Shadow Wyrms. Their Necromancy casts like Wither and Poison Strike will cause them to re-target any Tamer attempting to vet their pet, and they also cast Blood Oath. We haven't seen a major Blood Oath caster in any of the Treasures Events so far (Paragon Bone Mages were the only Blood Oath caster so far, and they could be killed in 1 attack where Blood Oath wouldn't have the chance to reflect). Stagger+Hit Fatigue does nothing to mitigate the dangers of Blood Oath.
    Just thinking of how devastating these attacks will be for gargoyles..
    Just wondering if I want all the Garg armors in this color or just the cloth one.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited April 2022
    No more doors, the only safe door in Destard is the exit! 

Paragon dragons should move slower on Low pop shards… imagine getting chased by 10 of them because not enough players to clear them out. Eventually we will lure them all to either corner… after say some time there could be at least 20 or 30 lured to that corner and becomes harder for players to ‘isolate and clear them and like Hythloth” and it’s not fun to see 30 para dragons chasing after one player…  :(
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    It's going to be a beautiful blood bath 
    We have no doors on LS in Hythloth.   You can drag stuff to the Water elemental area.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Increasingly easy to sabotage with no doors, and walls, then when 30 paragons cast magic arrow at the same time... 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Seth said:
    Increasingly easy to sabotage with no doors, and walls, then when 30 paragons cast magic arrow at the same time... 
    Or it will be lots of fun, I hope they up our tough rates again.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Idk if it is in Destard I can see paragons piling up at the entrance making it impossible to even get in the dungeon. I guess we’ll see though.  
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    Mark your runes for places around the dungeon asap!
  • FoosFoos Posts: 81

dvvid said:
    Idk if it is in Destard I can see paragons piling up at the entrance making it impossible to even get in the dungeon. I guess we’ll see though.  

What server?  Nothing on LS yet.
    It would be nice if there was a limit to the number of paragons per floor (or type) so that people wouldn't go in kill all the easy stuff and then leave once there were a bunch of paragons (leaving it for someone else to take the time to clean up) but I don't think that will be the case. 

Ultimately I think that intent was to group play so the paragons are something the Devs see as fostering that. The only downside to this is what we've seen in the past that some people only want to group play when it's a paragon; when it isn't they don't like the share. This is why it's essential that it's in Fel because if people want to try that there they risk their life and loot  :)
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    There should indeed be a limit to paragons per floor. Right now there are about 25 paragons near the entrance... and about 20 ppl... but 3 greater dragon paragons is a bit too much.. It takes a team to take one down... 3... well, we lure them deep into the cave and teleport out.. but that lasts only so much

Archangel said:
    There should indeed be a limit to paragons per floor. Right now there are about 25 paragons near the entrance... and about 20 ppl... but 3 greater dragon paragons is a bit too much.. It takes a team to take one down... 3... well, we lure them deep into the cave and teleport out.. but that lasts only so much

Perfect!  My kinda dungeon!  Don't change this on LS @kyronix!
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    Pawain said:
    Archangel said:

Perfect!  My kinda dungeon!  Don't change this on LS @ kyronix!

I actually now agree! It's a bloodbath, the monsters dying  like flies, and spawning immediately. A mountain of corpses and no end to the creatures. I spent 1 hour with a big group of ppl (for Origin), and we didn't move a step, target nearest-whirlwind , as fast as the fingers could click,  no end in sight! got about 60 drops (*w/potion) and the carnage... THE CARNAGE!!!   <span>:smiley:</span>   
    edited April 2022
    See FUN.  Up the spawn rate @Kyronix ; Please

Takes a while to get back into the fast play.  That NOOB can't watch movies anymore while playing.