Nobody plays this.

FoosFoos Posts: 81
Does VvV get used anywhere?  Do town battles actually exist?  As far as I can tell all PVP on my servers consists of one or two guilds ganking sampires trying to do spawns in dungeons. 

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited April 2022
    “I suggest not playing on dead servers and play a live server instead, no aspect of the game gets used much on dead servers”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • FoosFoos Posts: 81
    edited April 2022
    Yoshi said:
    “I suggest not playing on dead servers and play a live server instead, no aspect of the game gets used much on dead servers”

oh what servers are VvV played?  As far as a I know only Atlantic has a higher population then the server I play.  At least significantly higher.
    “Atlantic”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • ReikoReiko Posts: 30
    As Yoshi mentioned, Atlantic's PvP scene is very active. I wouldn't say the town battles are that active.. But PvP in Yew and other places is populated.
  • FoosFoos Posts: 81
    Reiko said:
    As Yoshi mentioned, Atlantic's PvP scene is very active. I wouldn't say the town battles are that active.. But PvP in Yew and other places is populated.
    I was specifically talking about town battles which is VvV.  My point is the system isn't used.  So if it's not even used on Atlantic then maybe it would be a good thing to look at in the future. 

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Oh it's used look at everyone wearing VvV gear but no it is not played as intended..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Ok simple solutions 
    1. VvV items never usable in Tram a nice the world is too peaceful message when you try outside of Fel
    2. You have to defend xxx times a week or they get weaker losing the improved stats..
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
     :) 
  • NonelNonel Posts: 26
    Both of those solutions were brought up during the initial VvV focus group and were promptly shot down
    Nonel said:
    Both of those solutions were brought up during the initial VvV focus group and were promptly shot down
    Deep inside all the scary fel folks love tram and want the safety and comfort 
    edited April 2022
    "are you suggesting that people are joining VvV, and using the antique items to PvM in trammel?

I can tell you nobody would do this, the rate of decay of the items is too much effort to repair/replace for any bonus it would provide.

I even in fel switch my VvV crimson to a real crimson when i'm working a champ spawn"
    Yoshi said:
    "are you suggesting that people are joining VvV, and using the antique items to PvM in trammel?

I can tell you nobody would do this, the rate of decay of the items is too much effort to repair/replace for any bonus it would provide.

I even in fel switch my VvV crimson to a real crimson when i'm working a champ spawn"
    Well maybe they are just carebear bank sitters but you certainly see it...
    edited April 2022
    "reasons people don't do VvV towns so much:

Supernovas/stat loss potions are not account bound, (not necessarily saying they should be)
    plus you can get them by just creating many endless journey chars and deleting after 10 days.
    People will just do what is easiest. Or spare char slots and deleting after 2 days.

16th anniversary horses can be popped same speed as account bound VvV horses and are not account bound. (think this was an oversight by whoever introduced it)

I am not saying they should change these things, i don't really like doing towns, it just takes one stealther who can jump on/off the alter to reset it (even while stealthed). It's not even PvP...It's enough of a grind having to do the towns to get horses - of which you get through quite a lot during team battles where you can't hang around on foot to res it

Also many of the artifact rewards are outdated, the only ones people use are the VvV crimson cincture and the VvV mace and shield glasses, and the crimson cincture is now on its way out as if you don't need the dex people will use Mark of the Destroyer"

• VvV is a joke, Mesanna said she would revamp it years ago. No follow through on her part, which isn't a surprise since she absolutely hates the pvp community.
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    It would be nice if combat between VvV participants actually meant something. The towns are near pointless, their only purpose seemingly for bots that farm points for novas, stat loss pots, and royal forged pardons with the occasional one off fights. Combat outside of a town however yields no sort of benefit, no points, nothing. It's sad to see that what was once a very well flushed out and developed faction system, albeit having died out, was replaced with a washed out system that has received the most minimal amount of maintenance and attention possible.

What even is the lore related purpose of it? What is Vice? What is Virtue? How do players affirm which side they are part of? How are participants being represented, or even what side are they representing?

The VvV system ultimately gave us one thing that we wanted, and it was a guild based faction system without the limiting factors and encumbrances of the outdated faction system. Other than that, it has completely failed as a replacement to the faction system.