Is having a treasure hunter worth the slot?

Or should I just look for cool loot on my tamer and sampire and save the slot for something else?

Comments

• MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    I only have low-end treasure hunters because I hate working on cartography and am too cheap to buy SoTs and SoAs.  That being said, I like treasure hunting because it's a quick way to get stuff to unravel, for the imbuing ingredients, the SoAs (however, most of the ones I get are for skills no one trains), the reagents, and the crafting recipes.   Can't say anything about the artifacts from treasure hunting because none of my t-hunters are good enough to get those.  Haha. Get a Davey's Locker if you decide to take up treasure hunting or fishing up MIBs.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Can I answer several of your threads in one?  I have a fisherman, I have a treasure hunter and occasionally I hunt merchant ships with my bard.  I don't do any of those things because I consider them 'worth it'. I do them because I enjoy those activities in game. 
    Merchant ships do have some resources, but they don't have everything, however I find them fun to do when I'm in the mood.
    If your only reason for playing is for 'cool loot' you may as well stick with the tamer and sampire. I enjoy the variety of playing different characters and choosing the one that suits my mood.

If it interests you there are a few videos on my youtube channel, just google petra fyde youtube
  • TeapotTeapot Posts: 58
    With level 6's and 7's I find it a nice solo distraction I do weekly.  Just mark out like 8 maps and do them and that's my little activity of the day.  I mostly do them for the imbueable jewelry, occassional legendary, pet treats, imbuing ingredients(Essences), and refinement materials.

I actually wish they would bump up the refinements actually, it takes awhile to build enough to refine a whole suit.
  • crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
    what do you mean refinement materials? @Teapot
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    NOOB  :)

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/crafting/armor-refinement/

You get 1 in the chest. Also on spawn boss sometimes.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Do you love to T-Hunt If the answer is yes then hell yes it is worth it. Why even ask a question like that if is it something you like to do and if it isn't something you like to do then the answer is NO
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    A side benefit when they started inscribing BODs I went to no regents to 40k of each in a very short time from T-chests as well as more Blue scrolls then I know what to do with.

But as Bilbo said if you like doing T- maps welcome to the club if not don't wast you time.
    As I keep saying UO is a Game if some thing in it isn't fun try something else.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    We need some love for True Treasure Hunters, not just lev1-7 maps but spawning chests need some love. And they should be coded to not allow the use of telekenisis. Working detect and remove to gm levels is not easy, and the reward is pitiful..503 gold...10 arrows...2 lesser potions...1 amber and the absolute worst of the worst random items of uselessness....
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • TeapotTeapot Posts: 58
    what do you mean refinement materials? @ Teapot

Check pawains link, but basically they let you up the resist cap to 75 for everything, or you can raise the DCI cap. A good buff for melee characters, especially sampires.