Any tips for new event?

Took a short break and am ready to go hard again.

Is there a particular slayer for the new champ spawn that I would want to use on my mage? Sampire?

Any strats on collecting the various drops?

Comments

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Think it will be in Destard and it’s name begins with Fey so dragon and fey slayers should come in handy.  Maybe, head there ahead of time to familiarize yourself with the layout and to mark some runes.  That’s what I did anyway.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    Not sure if you mean the champ spawn that's active for the next few days (but then ends). If so, the champ is a repond slayer. Prime time will be best to work a spawn unless you are on ATL. They still get some people working it during the day but it takes longer. Do that one while you can because it's over in a few days.
  • Arnold7 said:
    Think it will be in Destard and it’s name begins with Fey so dragon and fey slayers should come in handy.  Maybe, head there ahead of time to familiarize yourself with the layout and to mark some runes.  That’s what I did anyway.
    Thanks. But yes, as was mentioned I meant the current champ spawn:
    keven2002 said:
    Not sure if you mean the champ spawn that's active for the next few days (but then ends). If so, the champ is a repond slayer. Prime time will be best to work a spawn unless you are on ATL. They still get some people working it during the day but it takes longer. Do that one while you can because it's over in a few days.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Area damage spells for the first wave.  If you are a mage stand in an open area surrounded by as much as possible and cast earthquake twice and then use lighting strike to mop up any survivors.  Find another spot and repeat until the second wave of bears and tree fellows appears.  Concentrate on the bears.  Flamestrike followed by energy bolt usually drops them.  When the third wave of white birds and Salivas come up a mage can kill the white ones solo but best to help others hilling the Salivas. You can solo the Salivas if you cast an EV they are attracted to.  Bird slayer does not affect them.  When the final wave of bears and CUs shows up, you can solo the dogs with a fey slayer.  I treat the bears the same as I did the Salvias.  Use a repond slayer on the boss whose weakest resistance is fire.  Try to find an open area during this fight so that nothing, like an enraged bear for example, can sneak up on you.  Good luck with the spawn.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    You will either have to call out in chat for help or do it on Atl.

You need to kill a few mobs on each level.  You do not have to kill the Trees or Cus if you want to keep Karma.

I heard a player doing it on LS tonight.  They called for help with the Boss.

If you are on Atl or LS I can trade sashes for gold, items, or eggs to any who did not get a sash.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 459
    Be nice in chat.  Keep a .txt of what players need.  Use interior decorator to find hue.  Do a lot of trading.  Don't perch the parrots because the perches don't show the hue when you axe them.