Black market cap

When they put the 300k cargo cap in place i didn't really mind but had the assumption that new items would continue to be added of course this has not happened it's been a year now. how about we remove cap or add new stuff maybe first aid belts or other drops people might have missed. Or are we expected to either A sit on cargo or B not pirate ...
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Buy tritons and put the statues on a vendor for a ridiculously small price and flood the market.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    TimSt said:
    Buy tritons and put the statues on a vendor for a ridiculously small price and flood the market.
    I think we all have enough Triton's by now i did hope that hooks shield would sell well but i think everyone had so much doubloons built up when the cap went into place that they bought tons of both.....adding existing fresh items to the market harms no one...
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    C hand in cargo with another character?
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    edited April 2022
    I think you have a pretty good point @McDougle about the black market.

I do not think they should add things we've already had (like first aid belt etc - people need to make an effort to get those things while they are out... or pay for them afterwards) but I do think they absolutely should add a few new things a year as supplement to the dynamic events.

The things they add don't need to be game changing / best in slot items or new pets (although that would be nice). They could just be geared towards fishing / pirating like cannonballs that do double the damage or something. This way it would keep people interested in doing high seas content.
    C hand in cargo with another character?
    Believe me I have 3 accounts worth of characters handing in cargo but doubloons with nothing to spend them on worthless...me and many other people play 90% high seas we need pixel crack too
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    a sash that eliminates footwear would be very nice!  A ship deco thingy or somesuch...  yes, there's lots of room for an increased line of wares.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    things they should add to the black market:

pumpkin cannons
    (guild members blew up, because she didn't see the damage on the cannon)

pumpkin rowboat
    (i have seen people comment that they wanted one, 
    when they saw mine in the water. they wasn't around when they came out)

flag deed
     (looks like the better late than never flag.
    would look awesome on the front of the ship)

figurehead in deed form
    (I want that figurehead from the pirates ship during Treasures of the Seas)
    (it would look awesome on my ship during halloween time)  

========

I still buy hooks shield.
    they need a shield transmog item on the black market.
    maybe a lantern that is skull shaped (light comes out of its eyes)
  • Of_BeastsOf_Beasts Posts: 99
    I would like to see a tavern there, and an pirate npc that would sell role play items for pirates, possible transmog.  Maybe do pirate quests for crafter recipe's.  Would be nice to have a thieves guild there as well, as pirating in lore goes along with thieving.
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    things they should add to the black market:

pumpkin cannons
    (guild members blew up, because she didn't see the damage on the cannon)

I load my cannons with enough ammo for 80 shots. Once they run out, I don't add any more ammo til I repair them.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited April 2022
    Lots of things could be added for ship deco.  Or different holiday deco we have seen.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

pumpkin rowboat
    (i have seen people comment that they wanted one, 
    when they saw mine in the water. they wasn't around when they came out)

If we do can we fix it first 
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    A rubber ducky rowboat would be nice.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited April 2022
    High Seas Reward:
    1) Trash Can for all ship type. Creates a fake hole on the deck which you can drop trash into it, and also walk over so does not block.

2) New highsea or halloween helmet or robe slot items to transmog into.

3) Swimming suit for pets.

4) Suntan lotion spf 60

5) Harpoon for Brit ship, can attack any creature range 20

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • An Amphibious Dragon Mount. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    An Amphibious Dragon Mount. 
    +1
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Yes that can only be stabled at floating emporium !
  • Of_BeastsOf_Beasts Posts: 99
    New in the UO store!  :P
    Dragon Swim Ring - Inflatabl end 4272018 1215 PM - MYT
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
     :D 
    Of_Beasts said:
    Dragon Swim Ring - Inflatabl end 4272018 1215 PM - MYT
    Of_Beasts said:

Can I fish from it !
  • TXEggplantTXEggplant Posts: 160
    Archangel said:
    a sash that eliminates footwear would be very nice!  A ship deco thingy or somesuch...  yes, there's lots of room for an increased line of wares.
    I would be all over that sash! And so would my poor, mostly dead all the time goat I bonded with JUST to take fishing with me. I have him targeted so much (to feed the footwear you know) that he's often the first casualty of any sea encounter. 
    Maith Ceol, Chesapeake
    Governor of Moonglow

Discord: txeggplant
    maithceol@gmail.com
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    Archangel said:
    I would be all over that sash! And so would my poor, mostly dead all the time goat I bonded with JUST to take fishing with me. I have him targeted so much (to feed the footwear you know) that he's often the first casualty of any sea encounter. 
     :D 

Years and years ago, Fishermen were supposed to get a Seahorse mount that they could ride in the ocean and fish from, storing the fish inside of it's belly like a pack animal. They never fully implemented it.
    Ninjas were originally supposed to get a Giant Toad mount as well (like how Samurai get Lesser Hiryus), but that was changed to Frog Form.

Years and years ago, Fishermen were supposed to get a Seahorse mount that they could ride in the ocean and fish from, storing the fish inside of it's belly like a pack animal. They never fully implemented it.
    Ninjas were originally supposed to get a Giant Toad mount as well (like how Samurai get Lesser Hiryus), but that was changed to Frog Form.
    Nobody from UO ever said this, total misinformation.  It was requested but NRVER granted.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    You can buy those pets. I doubt anyone uses them to hold built pets.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Yea you can buy them if you want to pay the asking price which are all over priced.

Nobody from UO ever said this, total misinformation.  It was requested but NRVER granted.
    When they were developing the Third Dawn expansion, the Devs did mention introducing a Seahorse mount. It's where the art assets and sound for the Seahorse Statuette came from.

Ninjas getting a Giant Toad mount was discussed by the devs during SE Beta.