Another (hopefully different?) Vendor Search bug, or something. I think. Maybe.

Hiya folks!

Been logging in a bit lately after a looong time away and been kinda fussing with my shop on Chessie south of Luna [83o 4'N 28o 3'W] (i.e. nuking my old vendors and starting from scratch). I rented a new vendor spot and put a couple of things on it just to get a feel for things, and the items aren't showing up in the vendor search. Items that were on my prior vendor at this same location did show in the vendor search list for a while after killing the vendor off, so it at least "used to" work...

It could totally be on me for missing any number of update messages and/or bug discussions (it's been a few years) but... How long does it take after stocking a vendor for it to be parsed and items be searchable? 

The vendor menu says search is enabled, so that part should be okay, it's just a handful of the adorned eggs at various prices in and out of container (trying to see if any would show up). Standard vendor rental contract from my account that owns the house to a character on my main account. Have found adorned eggs in the search list on other vendors no problem by searching 'adorn' or 'curious' but they're all 5M+. Tried no price filter and only get listings for 5M, 10M, and 20M, but mine are like 50-100K, added filter from 0 to 1M and get no results. Gonna throw some random jewelry on it too just in case it's only the eggs that are glitchy, but idk...

Any info would be great, idk if the db server maybe needs a manual kick in the backside to get it to see my shop (maybe because it had empty vendors for so long?), or if the player needs the kick in the backside cuz I derped and missed something somewhere (maybe cuz negative storage due to old vendor stuff in moving crate or just takes a week to show up in the list?)... *shrug*

Thanks in advance for the help!

-Shy

Comments

• ChrilleChrille Posts: 208
    The eggs are bugged on vendor search,you have to write a description on them otherwise they don't show up.
  • Wow! thanks for the speedy reply! I just stocked a couple bracelets and they showed right up, so let me try naming the eggs and see how it goes. Cheers!

-Shy
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    edited April 2022
    Confirm that.  Mine did not show up either until I wrote a description including the name. The sash works ok.  Did UO ever reveal this?  They must have known about it.  Thought it was just my vendor’s problem.
  • That did the trick! Pulled all my eggs off my vendor and put em back on with their hue as a description and they all showed up in search pretty much instantly. Thanks again for the help!

-Shy
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited April 2022
    “Thanks for the bug work around, I hadn’t sold any eggs and didn’t realise they were bugged, now they are selling like hot pants”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Yoshi said:
    “Thanks for the bug work around, I hadn’t sold any eggs and didn’t realise they were bugged, now they are selling like hot pants”
    Many items from dynamic events do not show up in vendor search. Especially when they are drops or from a clicky.  Always check after you put on a vendor.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Yes!  Good advice.  Check to make sure it shows up and at the right price. You will feel really dumb when you see that item you thought you marked at 15 million selling on your vender for 21 gold but that’s a lot better than you will feel the next day when you find the item is no longer on your vender and the amount of gold in the account about the same as the day before.