VVV Artifacts

AkakuAkaku Posts: 1
This request is to add VVV artifacts back onto Siege Perilous. PVM'ers have access to all sorts of artifacts from Blackthorn on a similar points system. These items were never blessed and it added an interesting element to the game and a reason to be in VVV.

We've had polls in the past but they have been brigaded or the proposal was shot down by a vocal few who attended a meet up. Community feedback is important but there are plenty of people who want these artifacts reintroduced. This stuff has been turned off for years - why not turn it back on in the new year and see what happens.

Thank you for your consideration

Comments

• I agree. Enabling the VVV artifacts on siege would actually help the PVM crowd, too! Right now the only way PVP players can gear themselves is by going to dungeons and/or hunting PVM players. And the gear is comparable to what PVP players are already using, so it actually provides a battleground away from farmers.

As a PVP player myself; If I knew all I had to do was go to town for a fight, I'd leave the dungeons alone.

The VVV system needs an overhaul anyway, but I think these artifacts could help breath new life into siege's PVP.
  • SkeletorSkeletor Posts: 1
    Yes I agree, please turn them back on.  The "PvP" server of Ultima Online definitely could use an injected reason/place to consistently fight and rewards for that activity that help mediate the major risk of partaking in PVP, losing all your hard earned and crafted gear.
  • TjalleTjalle Posts: 77
    No thank you.
    As been mentioned above we´ve had multiple polls already about this and it´s been a No every time. The only people in favor of this is basically the PvPers/PKers and this thread is no exception it seems as all you above me fit that category.

If they were to introduce them again the power gap between the PKers (which is basically all the PvPers on Siege) and the PvMers would increase even more as the PKers would be even stronger than they already are.
    In theory it sounds good that the PvPers would then stay in town and only fight each other (and sure, maybe one or a few would) but those of us who play Siege know that will not be the case.
  • EM KincaidEM Kincaid Posts: 187Event Moderator
    At the risk of putting my nose where it isn't wanted, I will say this: Nothing will change until we can present a truly united front. As has already been said, in every previous poll/argument/civil war, the split has been very close to 50/50. You guys know I will fight for Siege with everything I've got - but I'm telling you right now, this is a losing battle until you can get the odds closer to 90/10 - AND prove that your figures truly represent Siege's population, not just a small number who bothered to vote. 
     Ok, that's my 2 copper pieces... back to event management!
  • BlargetyBlargety Posts: 66
    At the risk of putting my nose where it isn't wanted, I will say this: Nothing will change until we can present a truly united front. As has already been said, in every previous poll/argument/civil war, the split has been very close to 50/50. You guys know I will fight for Siege with everything I've got - but I'm telling you right now, this is a losing battle until you can get the odds closer to 90/10 - AND prove that your figures truly represent Siege's population, not just a small number who bothered to vote. 
     Ok, that's my 2 copper pieces... back to event management!
    It's a very vocal minority of about 6 to 8 players with many accounts who are against this change. The rest of the shard wants VvV artifacts back on Siege. The only argument against them is "It widens the power gap between PvP players and non-PvP players," which is kind of a silly argument. If a PvP player catches you out on Siege and you don't know how to at least defend yourself long enough to escape, we're going to kill you regardless of if we have VvV items or not. That's part of Siege Perilous, it has always been part of Siege Perilous. Hence the word Perilous. 

Next that vocal minority will be asking you guys to remove players with hands from the game because the fact we know how to use our keyboards gives us an unfair advantage in PvP as well. If there was ever a shard that had a chance to bring players back to Ultima Online in large numbers, it's this one. Cow towing to a few players who want Siege Perilous to be a single player or co-op experience is not the way forward. Should I log onto my other three accounts as well and pretend to be three additional people to present a more "united front?" 

We've made several change suggestions here that would really change up the meta of Siege Perilous over the years and some of those changes would attract new players to the shard, and would benefit those players who aren't PvP oriented more than they would benefit the PvP players. Unfortunately those suggestions threaten to bring more players to the shard which would ruin the co-op experience for those six to eight players who want this to be "their" shard, and some of them would also require dev attention, which is something we don't really seem to rate most of the time.

For example, how many times have we suggested forcing refreshes on Siege Perilous to prevent players from squatting empty dirt plots? It's still a no-go every time, so the Shard suffers because Prodo-players "might" play Siege some day. As a result, we get castle, keep, Moongate, and Luna dirt plots that haven't had players actively in them for over a decade.

Bah. Rulg lat fer komin tu meeb Ted Blah.