It seems that a lot of players do not understand Bard Buffs. So Buffs at Dynamic Spawn explained.

PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
edited April 2022 in General Discussions
Since I have received more than 80 Sashes so far I am doing them for fun now. Other than the 300 to 500 arrows I use per spawn, I am just getting sashes and having fun. My Archer Bard is what I am using now. I'm not taking two toons anymore because I really do not need another 100 Sashes.

Here is what I do not understand. We are standing around killing the Boss. On Atlantic. Everybody is having to heal themselves or their pets constantly except for 1 person, ME. I put out party invites and no one will accept them.

It seems players do not understand what Bard Buffs do.

There is no negative for Party in the dynamic encounters. When I take 2 toons I stay in party the whole time and each toon gets their own sash if they do earn it independently.

I am a 4 x 120 Bard. I use the Peace masteries for this one. I run Resilience all the time.
Resilience Gives:
+ 22 HP Regen
+ 22 Stam Regen
+ 22 Mana Regen
All basic debuff durations reduced
Almost immunity to poison

When the Salivas appear I add Perseverance
Perseverance gives:
30% DCI
- 30% Damage Taken
6 casting focus

So while on the Boss my 2 buffs give all of those things to each party member and each of their pets.

You could them be like me and rarely have to heal, you will have max mana regen and if you will regen stamina as needed. So a Melee toon can just stand there and swing away.

If you could party with a Bard running Peace Masteries and Provocation Masteries you would almost be invincible.

For these dynamic encounters you do not need to get rid of party before the Boss dies. These bosses have crap loot, there is no need to even loot them, I dont even look. Most do not loot during the dynamic Dungeons.

So when a Sparkling Player invites you to a party, Accept it!

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Pawain said:
    Since I have received more than 80 Sashes so far I am doing them for fun now. Other than the 300 to 500 arrows I use per spawn, I am just getting sashes and having fun. My Archer Bard is what I am using now. I'm not taking two toons anymore because I really do not need another 100 Sashes.

Here is what I do not understand. We are standing around killing the Boss. On Atlantic. Everybody is having to heal themselves or their pets constantly except for 1 person, ME. I put out party invites and no one will accept them.

It seems players do not understand what Bard Buffs do.

There is no negative for Party in the dynamic encounters. When I take 2 toons I stay in party the whole time and each toon gets their own sash if they do earn it independently.

I am a 4 x 120 Bard. I use the Peace masteries for this one. I run Resilience all the time.
    Resilience Gives:
    + 22 HP Regen
    + 22 Stam Regen
    + 22 Mana Regen
    All basic debuff durations reduced
    Almost immunity to poison

When the Salivas appear I add Perseverance
    Perseverance gives:
    30% DCI
    - 30% Damage Taken
    6 casting focus

So while on the Boss my 2 buffs give all of those things to each party member and each of their pets.

You could them be like me and rarely have to heal, you will have max mana regen and if you will regen stamina as needed. So a Melee toon can just stand there and swing away.

If you could party with a Bard running Peace Masteries and Provocation Masteries you would almost be invincible.

For these dynamic encounters you do not need to get rid of party before the Boss dies. These bosses have crap loot, there is no need to even loot them, I dont even look. Most do not loot during the dynamic Dungeons.

So when a Sparkling Player invites you to a party, Accept it!

You say that you are a 4 x 120 Bard.

This means, that you can only have then 2 more skills, Archery and, obviously, Tactics.

No Chivalry ? No Anatomy ?

You must be using lots of potions to cure, heal etc. etc. not to mention, the having to walk all the time because no recall, no Sacred Journey...
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    I transferred to Atl so I could not take my SSI epps with me. I usually have 60 SSI and more stamina.

I am a distance fighter I ride away or die. I use provoke to get 2 chasers to fight each other.  The bears are the most difficult to provoke with an exc instrument.  The buffs keep me from having to heal from the Boss area damages.

My toons without skills travel with rune books with recall charges.
    edited April 2022
    And I forgot to add, when you are being chased you can peace yourself and run away.

I use that when I see someone with EVs or an RC.  I lead the group to the summons and peace myself.  They all aggro on the summon. Then I provoke them 2 at a time until all r dead. Also I have taken about 15 bears to a sampire and watched him WW them all.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    You are not getting the sashes from peace mastery, regens dont help with that(they are however a huge help).

You need to run with someone using provo mastery, and you will be (almost) invincible
    edited April 2022
    Norry said:
    You are not getting the sashes from peace mastery, regens dont help with that(they are however a huge help).

You need to run with someone using provo mastery, and you will be (almost) invincible
    Who?  I get sashes from killing stuff. The masteries I use do the above things.  They allow me to kill things without having to heal.  And Bard skills allow me to peace or make things fight each other instead of me.  

I am just nice and offering free regens and damage reduction to others.

Yes, I mentioned the almost invincible with running with Peace and Provoke.  We do that on Shrine Battles. I take a new toon stick, GM melee skills on him and he can kill the captains and seldom die.  Delete him 7 days later and get another Tabard.

But the regens on players does not help the bard get points.  I had mine follow my mele toons around in Fire.  The Bard got very few drops, only when he was shooting at stuff.

And you can use fire horns, Cool to see all the fire in a crowd.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I never understand why people won't party i just laugh and enjoy my buffs 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    I accepted party during Hythloth event at Atlantic. It was nice, there was like a base camp in the middle and we will all lure the paragons to the killing zone.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Pawain said:
    I transferred to Atl so I could not take my SSI epps with me. I usually have 60 SSI and more stamina.

I am a distance fighter I ride away or die. I use provoke to get 2 chasers to fight each other.  The bears are the most difficult to provoke with an exc instrument.  The buffs keep me from having to heal from the Boss area damages.

My toons without skills travel with rune books with recall charges.
    I see that you only have 36 intelligence.... and no Meditation nor any Focus..... how can you keep up with the Mana consumption in order to maintain up your Bard buffs ?

The Bard Masteries are very Mana intensive.... so, with low intelligence and mana, and no Meditation and Focus to regenerate it sufficiently, I do not understand how this Template can be viable....
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    The group I play with fully appreciate my 4 x bard, and when there are 2 of us in the party, both running 2 masteries, we rock. The other bard and I consult on which masteries we'll run, if I run peace he runs provo and vice versa.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    popps said:
    so, with low intelligence and mana, and no Meditation and Focus to regenerate it sufficiently, I do not understand how this Template can be viable....
    How dare you say Pawain has low intelligence and no focus!!  :D
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    oops  :D
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • vortexvortex Posts: 200
    edited April 2022
    When he runs the peace masteries he has 22 mana Regen it's plenty to keep it going popps... Go look again what he posted I use it all the time with low int and no med
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    Pawain said:
    There is no negative for Party in the dynamic encounters. 
    This is the problem. Too many other encounters do have a group penalty and so players are always hesitant to accept an invite. Even people within my guild/alliance generally ignore my offer to group when I bring my 4x120 bards in. 

These dynamic champion bosses, the shrine battles, the Minax captains: all of those are excellent group stuff where you do not need to drop party or anything silly to get your reward. That for things like Mondain's Legacy bosses and the Shadowguard Roof you do need to drop group so one person doesn't quickly take everyone's corpse loot is super annoying and probably should be done away with.