Straps still broken

McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
edited March 2022 in Bugs
Trying to fit new slash into suit cycled through my spellbooks guess how many went back in the strap yep zero not a one the strap is open with enough room and plenty of room in my pack if this can't be fixed or even acknowledged can we get refunded vet pick @Mesanna @Misk @Bleak @Kyronix ????
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    This is one of the 2 bugs we faced everytime we login

The bug is inside OUR backpack, unlike an exploited house in unknown area, that does not block the way of 99.99% of players who knows how to recall, and who doesn't need to cross that bridge everyday!

Appreciate an equal, if not better urgency to resolve this recent veteran reward bug.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited March 2022
    "Why this guy is allowed to post so many duplicate reports?

When this doesn't even get you killed in game.
    Also i think the user even plays EC so there is not even a limit to how many spellbook arm macros he can make. It is literally nothing, not worth reporting even one time.

And when i bump a thread of bugs that gets me killed 10 times a day and makes me smash my head against the keyboard it gets closed/deleted...
    "

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    edited March 2022
    I think the broader question is what is the best ways for customers/players to get bugs acknowledged, "fixed", or affirmatively closed "won't fix", "not a bug", "need more info for repro"< etc.

I've brought up bugs here, in meet and greets, and through the in-game bug reporting system.

What's the best way?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I think the broader question is what is the best ways for customers/players to get bugs acknowledged, "fixed", or affirmatively closed "won't fix", "not a bug", "need more info for repro"< etc.

I've brought up bugs here, in meet and greets, and through the in-game bug reporting system.

What's the best way?
    I specifically want to know how the pet costume bug was that no one reported was reported as it was reported so effectively that it received a hotfix this is how every bug should be handled 
    McDougle said:

What's the best way?
    I specifically want to know how the pet costume bug was that no one reported was reported as it was reported so effectively that it received a hotfix this is how every bug should be handled 
    At the end of the day, bugs (should/usually) get prioritized by the entity that owns the code.

Not everything can be a hotfix.

If you have bugs causing items/followers/etc being deleted, that's an example of something that should be a high priority fix.  An operating system vendor would go out of business if they didn't fix bugs leading to lost data.

Things like strings and typos are likely of lower priority, unless they have some sort of geopolitical or other policy like impact.

It's not uncommon for software development shops to post some customer facing view of how they prioritize bugs, what the status of the bugs is, what the schedule for releasing fixes, etc.   Would be good to see more along these lines for UO.

McDougle said:

What's the best way?
    At the end of the day, bugs (should/usually) get prioritized by the entity that owns the code.

Not everything can be a hotfix.

If you have bugs causing items/followers/etc being deleted, that's an example of something that should be a high priority fix.  An operating system vendor would go out of business if they didn't fix bugs leading to lost data.

Things like strings and typos are likely of lower priority, unless they have some sort of geopolitical or other policy like impact.

It's not uncommon for software development shops to post some customer facing view of how they prioritize bugs, what the status of the bugs is, what the schedule for releasing fixes, etc.   Would be good to see more along these lines for UO.

Any sort of acknowledgement i go to DMV  I don't care if the bug que is 6000 long as long as I can see the bug i submitted is 6001 and moves up over time. It's not the bugs it's the stunning silence that frustrates customers..
    “What shard are you on? 
    I will buy the strap back if it’s a refund you were after and I’ll place it in the trash for you”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    “What shard are you on? 
    I will buy the strap back if it’s a refund you were after and I’ll place it in the trash for you”
    I want my product to work as intended 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    McDougle said:
    Yoshi said:
    “What shard are you on? 
    I want my product to work as intended 
    +1
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    It'd be strange if your neighbor gave you $50 for a defective cable modem leased from an internet provider.
    edited April 2022
    “Just to put things into context:
    Spellbook doesn’t go into a bag, 4 threads. No loss of anything.

get hit by vicious bite by a pet, no debuff (bug), engage in combat with someone and die because you didn’t know you were going to randomly receive 50 damage during combat. Lose all uninsured items as looted. Go to get ressed, get reskilled by vicious bite as lasts post death (bug)
    counts as player re-engaging in combat so lose -30 skill from player reskill jewellery issue (bug) 
    you then have to log out to fix the skill loss bug, wait 5 mins for vvv stat loss to end, restock all looted (lost) items, then spend the next 20 mins trying to grab all ally/enemy health bars again that you lost from logging out before you can play as there is no mobiles bar on official classic client.

but okay let’s spam this spell strap thing as a problem..

and let’s lock the vicious bite thread because it’s trolling.

same issue with missing debuff for nerve strike, die because you don’t know if you’re stunned or stam blocked on official client only, so you go to refresh potion instead of trapped box, or visa versa and just stand still disarmed and die..
    it takes less than half a second for 4 people to kill a disarmed person standing still.
    And then everyone calls you a retard for standing still not understanding that you are playing on official client and have these problems”
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    the issue with the spellbook strap...
    It was marketed as holding 25 spellbooks.
    when you die or use a dress macro or dress up icon (or equip book 1)
    it should go back into the spellbook strap
    which is what it was intended to do.
    (a few of these books don't do that)

I have been using EC more lately
    and when it crashes I log into CC real quick.
    If the books don't go into the strap,
     then i have to move everything around in my backpack.
    It is usually always underneath everything.

Now this might not be something that effects you
    but to the people who actually use it, it is very annoying.
    And I think that he is just wanting validation from the DEVs
    that they are going to fix it.
     (multiple people have told them exactly which spellbooks are NOT going into it.)
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Thank you for your feedback.
This discussion has been closed.