Can we get a command or toggle to tell our spellcasting pets to not engage in melee?

I know when the pet changes first happened that magery pets would attempt to avoid melee. Can we get the ability to choose that? Or to toggle it on or off for our spellcasting pets? It would be really nice and since the artificial Intelligence for this is in-game already I'm hoping it wouldn't be difficult to implement just a toggle for us.

It's just so weird that we have a magery mastery pet but it's useless unless you find a way to block your pet with boxes or on a boat or whatever. I'd like to be able to have my pet stand back and assist other people's pets by using his death beam and I'm sure other people would like that option too.
Tagged:

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Some kind of control over what they do would be fantastic 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    I'd love to have the toggle to ensure it doesn't change target when engaged by several MOBs. I was using a disco triton yesterday and even when I command it to attack target A; if target B or C were hitting the triton, it would start attacking them which left all 3 targets with 50-75% HP instead of just killing target A and then focusing on the next target.
  • Yeah, giving your pet a "Kill" command should hard lock it onto a target, no switching.
    Magery Mastery has a bunch of bugs with it. The pet will cast Bless and Arch Cure on it's opponent rather than itself, it'll randomly cast Magic Reflection even when the bulk of the damage it's taking is Physical, it'll use Death Ray at point blank range when being hit, etc.
    Necromancy and Necromagery has some bugs too, like Conduit doesn't function correctly for them, and Curse Weapon only applies Life Drain to their next hit, rather than duration based.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    People complained when they stood back.  It only lasted a few days.  I had a Skree that I leveled on the Night Terror that would stand back and cast.

If only we knew Magery at close range does little damage.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougle said:
    Kinda like how your dog listens to everything you tell it to do?  >:)
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

McDougle said:
    Whata you mean i told her destroy all and she's been flawless  :p
  • McDougle said:
    McDougle said:
    Whata you mean i told her destroy all and she's been flawless  :p
    You aren't wrong . . .

Her mess always looks worse than it is 
  • *feels a disturbance in the thread*  it appears there was a stealth cleaning of the thread.