Artio Champ Spawn : Any Tamers had any luck with getting a Sash ?

The reason for asking, is that, regardless the participation to the entire spawn and setting the pet onto Artio from when it spawned, I have yet to get 1 Sash...

With Pets having had their damage halved, and with Word of Death not working on Artio, Tamers are kinda in a difficult place to do "as much" damage as Warriors to Artio...

So, how can a Tamer get a Sash with this new Spawn ?

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    edited March 2022
    I'm a disco tamer with a mystic Cu i don't cast at all and I got one
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    I got two yesterday.  On tamers.  Not seeing the issue.  Maybe you should do more runs of the spawn.

As far as my pets doing reduced damage, couldn't tell you.  Wasn't paying attention.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    I think I am up to 8 now. Only missed one because I joined a spawn at the Saliva level. Also my archer bard got 1.  You have to kill things on each level.  I used a Cu and a Triton.  Cossack  uses his nightmare.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    I think I am up to 8 now. Only missed one because I joined a spawn at the Saliva level. Also my archer bard got 1.  You have to kill things on each level.  I used a Cu and a Triton.  Cossack  uses his nightmare.

ah, on each level, huh?  I've brought my Sampire in for the boss, but on LS that's not a spawn where I can dual client so easily.  And it explains why I don't get anything on Atlantic - there are so many people there that the spawn goes for like 10 minutes (start to finish); by the time I've hit my 1 key for "all kill" I'm largely unable to target anything that's not the boss.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    LMAO
    The  many flaws of pet targeting shine here when my pet stops attacking the monster i told it to and targets one on other side if hill it can't even reach or see
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited March 2022
    This has been live less than a day and already he finds a way to ask stupid questions.    

Instead of wanting instant rewards how about you spend more time doing the champ and get some data before coming here crying

ridiculous  
    Excuse me ?

I was trying to figure out what I might have been doing wrong...

I mean, I thought that the conditions to get a Sash where basically 2 :  

1) - Contribute to fight the Spawn from start ;

2) - Do damage to the Boss sufficient to have looting rights ; 

Now, I did fight the Spawn from start, and I also, apparently, did sufficient damage because I was able to open up my instanced corpse of Artio, meaning, that I did get looting rights, and yet, I got no sash the times that I tried so far.

I am not sure what else I can do to increase my chances... by the way, I do have Luck on the Tamer's suit should it contribute towards getting a sash....

Am I mislooking at something which would enhance the odds of getting a sash ?

If so, what would this be ?

The one thing that I might think of, is that there is only "so many" Sashes that each kill of Artio delivers and they all go to those players doing most damage to Artio....

In such a case, because of the Developers who decided that pets had to do half damage only, and that Word of Death does not work on this Spawn Boss, "perhaps", even though I did have looting rights, my Tamer's damage to Artio was not enough to qualify for getting a Sash ?

I do not know, I am only trying to understand how it works so to actually DO have a realistic chance to get a Sash by fixing what I might be doing wrong....

I cannot fix the damage done by my pet, though... I set it onto Artio from when it spawns, and then keep it healed... I know of nothing that I could possibly do to increase the damage done by my pet...

Yes, I can do some damage myself although, my Tamer has no Evaluate Intelligence on the template so, I can only use Spellweaving offensive spells to try do more damage but if Word of Death does not work on Artio, I am not sure whether the other offensive spells which Spellweaving can use could be enough to do sufficient damage to qualify for a Sash drop...

The real issue, to my opinion, is pets' damage being cut in half.... it really is a game breaker to get drops when Warriors can make tons of damage with all of the Slayers that they use, and if there is only "so many" Sashes that drop, and they all go to the higher damagers, well, Tamers' chances then become slimmer, I imagine....
    popps said:
    This has been live less than a day and already he finds a way to ask stupid questions.    

Instead of wanting instant rewards how about you spend more time doing the champ and get some data before coming here crying

ridiculous  
    Excuse me ?

I was trying to figure out what I might have been doing wrong...

I mean, I thought that the conditions to get a Sash where basically 2 :  

1) - Contribute to fight the Spawn from start ;

2) - Do damage to the Boss sufficient to have looting rights ; 

Now, I did fight the Spawn from start, and I also, apparently, did sufficient damage because I was able to open up my instanced corpse of Artio, meaning, that I did get looting rights, and yet, I got no sash the times that I tried so far.

I am not sure what else I can do to increase my chances... by the way, I do have Luck on the Tamer's suit should it contribute towards getting a sash....

Am I mislooking at something which would enhance the odds of getting a sash ?

If so, what would this be ?
    Is it the top xxx damagers get drops so in theory if there was 20 people there you might do enough damage for looting rights but not qualify for drop ? 
    drcossack said:
    I got two yesterday.  On tamers.  Not seeing the issue.  Maybe you should do more runs of the spawn.

As far as my pets doing reduced damage, couldn't tell you.  Wasn't paying attention.
    You got  out of 2 Spawns that you did or did you do more spawns ?
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    OMG @popps why do you even play UO.  If I was a new player and only read your posts I would never play UO.  You have supposedly been playing UO for a long time and you should know by now that what one player gets is NOT the same as another player when it comes to spawn.  People have told you time and time again what to do and you REFUSE to do it but yet you come on here time after time whining about how you are not getting the same as anybody else.

I have come to 2 conclusions
    #1 you are totally incapable of learning anything
    or
    #2 you are writing the longest physic paper in history and we are all your test subjects in patience.

I have yet to understand why you play a game that irritates you as much as UO

Are you a masochist or what

Please lock this thread as it will only end with @popps telling everybody they are wrong as normal. @Mariah ;
    drcossack said:
    Pawain said:

ah, on each level, huh?  I've brought my Sampire in for the boss, but on LS that's not a spawn where I can dual client so easily.  And it explains why I don't get anything on Atlantic - there are so many people there that the spawn goes for like 10 minutes (start to finish); by the time I've hit my 1 key for "all kill" I'm largely unable to target anything that's not the boss.
    Yes they modified the drop mechanism at the last Spawn.  You have to kill things on each level.
    People were just coming for the Boss before.

I did join today at lvl 2 but got the sash.  

You can alternate toons in and out for each level and get Boss drop.
    edited March 2022
    After trying combos.  I have my archer/bard follow my tamer around.  Much easier since bard can make the last two levels attack each other.  But I back out when the last level pops and slowly go in.  Raging bears r meanies.  Both get the boss drop.  I have 6 today.  And the Boss will Discord!  

Lots of arrows tho.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited March 2022
    @popps

It's not just you, and it's not just tamers.

With a mage I've been to four spawns and only gotten 2 sashes.

The first spawn I showed up just before the boss appeared and knew I would not get a sash, but helped anyway. I did get looting rights on the boss (could open the corpse), but no sash.

The next two times I fought from dire wolves on and both times got sashes.

The fourth time I showed up at the tree fellow level, killed lots of stuff, figured I'd get a sash, got looting rights on the boss, but no sash.

You seemingly do need to fight from the first level on (or maybe some hidden mechanic carries points over to the next spawn), but just keep showing up and working your way through the spawn, you'll get more eventually. Remember, the event runs for a full month.

-Good luck!

As I was writing this post, the spawn started. I showed up at treefellows again, towards the end of the wave. Got a sash this time. So you do not have to fight the spawn from the beginning each time, there is some type of carryover between spawns.

-Arroth
    edited March 2022
    You can miss the first level,  you won't get eggs tho, unless you are the only one there.

Fey slayer book on spawn, Repond slayer book on Boss.  Mage will get the drop.  Lots use EVs or RCs on LS.
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    edited March 2022
    I've been to 6 spawns on my tamer, 2 from second level on, 4 from beginning. Have gotten a sash every time. Not really hard show up, kill stuff go home happy. Maybe you never trained your pet? I don't cast on the boss or spawn, but if I was concerned about killing enough, I'd earthquake during the spawn as my pet attacked things, and meteor strike the boss, should do enough damage, even without EI to count you in. 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Taking the question seriously - and please stop the trolling folks.

Yes, tamers are getting drops, so let's look at why your's might not be.
    What pet are you using? How trained is it? All skills maxed? How many slots?  Are you commanding it? or just letting it roam and kill as it likes during the spawn waves? Can it always see you? or are you invis a good part of the time?
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    edited March 2022
    I'm in the same camp with Riner; I have received a sash every single time except once when I got there at level 3. I even stabled my pet and just used magery/eval on my tamer and still got one. It's pretty simple; EQ / fire field / poison field all lower end stuff ** and then just target a few higher end things like volems are bears (preserving karma). When champ spawns just cast explosion/FS/fireball as many times as u can.

Granted I do have a max SDI suit but I did this without even using a repond slayer spellbook (champ is repond) and received a sash. 

** pro tip: you do not need to actually get the kill shot on the spawn; just damage it and you will receive credit. Don't waste your time dragging a vollem 4 screens away to kill 1 by 1 because you won't collectively do enough damage on the spawn to get credit.

Note this is also on ATL which in the past has had the most activity (ie goes the quickest). I'd assume it would be even better when you have more time to kill spawn and do more damage on the champ.
    Pawain said:
    You can miss the first level,  you won't get eggs tho, unless you are the only one there.

Fey slayer book on spawn, Repond slayer book on Boss.  Mage will get the drop.  Lots use EVs or RCs on LS.
    I am getting eggs, I do not have a problem with getting eggs.... for some reasons, though, I am having a hard time getting the sash and would only like to understand what i might be doing wrong, if anything....
    Riner said:
    I've been to 6 spawns on my tamer, 2 from second level on, 4 from beginning. Have gotten a sash every time. Not really hard show up, kill stuff go home happy. Maybe you never trained your pet? I don't cast on the boss or spawn, but if I was concerned about killing enough, I'd earthquake during the spawn as my pet attacked things, and meteor strike the boss, should do enough damage, even without EI to count you in. 
    The pet is a 5 slot pet so, I did train it and, as I said, I do am getting looting rights on the Boss as I get access to my instanced corpse and there is gold and items inside.... yet, no sashes so far...
    edited March 2022
    Mariah said:
    Taking the question seriously - and please stop the trolling folks.

Yes, tamers are getting drops, so let's look at why your's might not be.
    What pet are you using? How trained is it? All skills maxed? How many slots?  Are you commanding it? or just letting it roam and kill as it likes during the spawn waves? Can it always see you? or are you invis a good part of the time?
    @Mariah

I am using a 100% Fire Damage Crimson Drake, Chivalry AI with 700 Strength, 5 slots, Damage 24-33 (so maxed out), Skills are at 110 maxed out but Resisting Spells which is 107.9/110 and Chivalry which is 104.5/120. So, damage might not be at its highest but it certainly is enough to grant me looting rights on the Boss...

I do command "All Kill" and target specific Monsters though, it often happens that after the target that I select, the pet goes onto picking targets on its own..... I also sometimes tell it to Guard me and then, when I am aggroed by spawn, it goes to attack them.

Most of the time, not being a self-healing pet, I am there visible to keep it healed although, obviously, when I get aggroed by the spawn, I need to hide for a bit in order to have the spawn loose aggro on me and pick my pet instead...

Anything of what I am doing is against my chances at getting a Sash ?

Thanks for the help.
    keven2002 said:
    I'm in the same camp with Riner; I have received a sash every single time except once when I got there at level 3. I even stabled my pet and just used magery/eval on my tamer and still got one. It's pretty simple; EQ / fire field / poison field all lower end stuff ** and then just target a few higher end things like volems are bears (preserving karma). When champ spawns just cast explosion/FS/fireball as many times as u can.

Granted I do have a max SDI suit but I did this without even using a repond slayer spellbook (champ is repond) and received a sash. 

** pro tip: you do not need to actually get the kill shot on the spawn; just damage it and you will receive credit. Don't waste your time dragging a vollem 4 screens away to kill 1 by 1 because you won't collectively do enough damage on the spawn to get credit.

Note this is also on ATL which in the past has had the most activity (ie goes the quickest). I'd assume it would be even better when you have more time to kill spawn and do more damage on the champ.

The SDI on my Suit is only 65 since my Suit is more a Luck Suit (2,385 Luck). Furthermore, I do not have any Evaluate Intelligence but I do have 120 Spellweaving.

So, Magery spells help me nothing and, unfortunately, with the Developers having decided to have Spellweaving's Word of Death have no effect on Artio, my abilities to do any serious damage on Artio through Spellweaving's offensive spells is quite limited....
    edited March 2022
    @popps - Stop trolling dude. You are full of it and it's pathetic how low you seem to go that you aren't even using common sense now; unless you literally need to be spoon fed an answer. So you don't have eval but have weaving? Ok so let's use the same principal to weaving; cast area spells on the spawn. NOTE** I stabled my pet. Feel free to use your pet, as you've said in previous post you get looting rights so damaging the champ isn't an issue.

I see this is the typical popps post where he needs to respond back to every single item telling everyone why everything that works for everyone doesn't work for him. 

Here's another suggestion that might be crazy.... you don't need to use your tamer at all!! I just told you that I basically did it with magery/eval (I had taming skills that I didn't even use making it a 1 dimensional template). If you can't figure out how to use your tamer (seems like you struggle hard when it comes to using a tamer in any instance) then maybe take out another character and try that instead of debating everyone here on why you aren;t getting a sash.

If everyone is getting a sash using varying methods and you aren't getting the same results; maybe it's the the user?? Btw having a skill like tracking on your char probably won't help you track down a sash either just so we nip that in the bud before you bring something like that up.

#IBTL
    @popps
    You must be doing something right if you can keep the Drake alive during the Raging Bears and Cus.

Do you get loot rights on the boss?  If not you need to kill spawn on each level.

You can kill a few spawn on each level with a toon, then run another toon in and kill a few.  Do that at each level and get 2 sashes with 2 accounts.
    popps said:
    keven2002 said:

The SDI on my Suit is only 65 since my Suit is more a Luck Suit (2,385 Luck). Furthermore, I do not have any Evaluate Intelligence but I do have 120 Spellweaving.

So, Magery spells help me nothing and, unfortunately, with the Developers having decided to have Spellweaving's Word of Death have no effect on Artio, my abilities to do any serious damage on Artio through Spellweaving's offensive spells is quite limited....

Ok, let me see if I have this right.  You're going to this spawn WITH AN SDI SUIT but your template isn't built around taking advantage of it, because you don't have the skill that actually affects mage spell damage.  I can't even begin to tell you how little sense that makes.

I have only done this spawn a few times, but I have managed to pull THREE Sashes out of it.  Two of them were done with a Nightmare (120 Wrestle/Tactics/Anat/Chiv all at cap, Armor ignore, max Strength), while one was acquired with a giant beetle: 678 Strength, Poisoning, Rune Corruption, Bleed its abilities.

I could go to this spawn on Atl with my thrower, who has Fey & Repond weapons (plus a Repond Cameo) and I guarantee I'd have at least one sash by the end of the day.  They aren't that difficult to get.
    drcossack said:
    popps said:
    keven2002 said:

Ok, let me see if I have this right.  You're going to this spawn WITH AN SDI SUIT but your template isn't built around taking advantage of it, because you don't have the skill that actually affects mage spell damage.  I can't even begin to tell you how little sense that makes.

I have only done this spawn a few times, but I have managed to pull THREE Sashes out of it.  Two of them were done with a Nightmare (120 Wrestle/Tactics/Anat/Chiv all at cap, Armor ignore, max Strength), while one was acquired with a giant beetle: 678 Strength, Poisoning, Rune Corruption, Bleed its abilities.

I could go to this spawn on Atl with my thrower, who has Fey & Repond weapons (plus a Repond Cameo) and I guarantee I'd have at least one sash by the end of the day.  They aren't that difficult to get.
    He was taking his cook the first few times but he upgraded to a 60 SDI mage with no eval.  :D
    edited March 2022
    @popps just copy this tamer template,  you can run consume all day and kill everything.

Your Bless and heal will be awesome and you res people on first try.
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    @Pawain the problem with that template is it doesn’t have any taste ID on it and that is far more important than eval intel. These events should be designed to accommodate those with unique templates and not force everyone to use the same types of toons!
     :p :D  
    Popps not sharpest tool in the shed but in your efforts to bash him you failed to read he is wearing luck suit 
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 630
    Popps are you hiding during this? I believe hiding has a serious effect on getting rewarded.