Clarification on the Curio Collector

@Kyronix - Can you confirm for us if the Curio Collector is currently in the world somewhere (aka active) or not? I've gone through the talking portion of the quest to try to find him and I've also ran past every mountain to check but I can't seem to find him.

The only reason I'm asking for confirmation is because he's under the dynamic quest portion of the newsletter along with every other quest giver (and the dynamic dungeon pic has a separate NPC pictured) so it makes me feel like we are either missing some of the quest or maybe there was just a mistake in the newsletter.

Thanks! 

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    What a mistake don't worry soon he'll join the frey...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    It's mysterious...
    -Arroth
    It's mysterious...
    You mean we've only got a fragment of the information 
    edited March 2022
    McDougle said:

One of those curios should really be a big black rooster statue...
    -Arroth
    McDougle said:

One of those curios should really be a big black rooster statue...
    We'd have to be unleashed for me to touch this one..
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    He’s still traveling. Curio collection takes one on long journeys.  
    Thank you kryonix !!!
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    Thank you sir
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Oh boy  we best save some eggs.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Kyronix, it's appreciated that you will confirm whether the content is active or not. Don't need more than that, just whether it's there or not. Thank you.
    -Arroth
    That is about much confirmation that UO will give us.  Never tell you the details.

He acknowledged it is not there and if it is an egg quest, we will get him before eggs are gone.

So, we can stop looking.
  • NecronomNecronom Posts: 28
    An interesting thing here... Do I need to do the quest chain for the Curio to spawn or is he still on his journey? Why do I ask? This pic will show you why I am asking...

Necronom said:
    An interesting thing here... Do I need to do the quest chain for the Curio to spawn or is he still on his journey? Why do I ask? This pic will show you why I am asking...

What shard?
    Ah sorry.. It's on Sonoma

edited April 2022
    Necronom said:
    Ah sorry.. It's on Sonoma

On Sonoma
    The Obi is there but the NPC is not.  Maybe they put him out too early? Then removed him. 
    But that is the spot that Larisa thought he would be.

There is no Obi on the reward list and it is the wrong color.  Looks like an EM event clue.  They incorporate the game content in their events.
    Pawain said:
    On Sonoma
    The Obi is there but the NPC is not.  Maybe they put it out too early? Then removed him. 
    But that is the spot that Larisa thought he would be.

There is no Obi on the reward list and it is the wrong color.  Looks like an EM event item.

Thanks Pawain.

Yep, I know about the Obi... Just found it strange that the NPC would be showing on the map and not at the spot...
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Necronom said:

That is left from an EM event.
    I think it was something about where is Willow?
    I was sick, so I missed that event.

This may have been her last event (but not really sure)
    But I remember that lot of people asked them to take down the Willow parrot at Luna.
    (I was NOT one who wanted the parrot gone.
    Willow was a good EM and it is nice to have the reminder.)
    Kyronix said:
    @Kyronix - Checking in on the Curio's journey since I don't see him at the Destard entrance with the Artifact Trader (Origin). Should we still expect this part of the quest or was there a change to that?

Thanks!
    keven2002 said:
    Kyronix said:
    @ Kyronix - Checking in on the Curio's journey since I don't see him at the Destard entrance with the Artifact Trader (Origin). Should we still expect this part of the quest or was there a change to that?

Thanks!
    I hope he sells ingots for eggs like you theorized!
    Looks like the Curio has finally made it (to ATL)!

@Pawain - Doesn't look like you can make weapons from the ingots BUT you can turn the ingots in to the Artifact Trader (says it in the description when you double click them). 

So it looks like we can obtain turn-in points from something other than killing bad guys in the dungeon. This is HUGE to all of those whiners people who do not like fighting stuff but did like turning in the eggs.

One set of ingots cost 10 eggs - not sure how many turn in points that would get ya.

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    One Ingots = One Drop so if you are not lucky in the dungeon (Like me) you can keep collecting eggs for drops.

I LOVE IT! The dungeon is SO laggy for me and I crashed twice yesterday trying to WW/area effect with some of my guild. It's wonky in that dungeon so I will be collecting eggs for the next 2 months :)

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Larisa said:
    One Ingots = One Drop so if you are not lucky in the dungeon (Like me) you can keep collecting eggs for drops.

I LOVE IT! The dungeon is SO laggy for me and I crashed twice yesterday trying to WW/area effect with some of my guild. It's wonky in that dungeon so I will be collecting eggs for the next 2 months :)
    Absolutely !!

This is a MAJOR important Design to all those players not much interested in fighting but, for example, enjoying many other cool Ultima Online content such as crafting, House designing, fishing, gardening etc. etc. and thus, thanking to this important and fundamental addition, can still participate to these "Treasures of" Events....

Thank you SO much @Kyronix !!
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 452
    This is awesome.
  • MerlinMerlin Posts: 199
    Big thumbs up on this development!   I hope to see this type of opportunity to get points in other future events.     
    Have eggs or ingots been added to dungeon chest loot in Destard?
    -Arroth
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Another reason this way is good, internet company decided today would be the day they randomly turn on and off my service "to better serve you in the future......" Serve me Today!! lol
    They found out you are a Governor on all shards.  >:)
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    5 eggs per ingot would be a lot better :) 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Have eggs or ingots been added to dungeon chest loot in Destard?
    And how could a Rogue, if I may ask, be able to stealth around the Dungeon, pick locks, remove traps od chests with Paragons revealing anything 10-12+ tiles away, retargeting on anything that moves and so forth ?

Unless Rogues are given a way to be able to "work" chests remaining hidden and stealthing, I do not see how Rogues couldbe able in that mess to play their side of content with chests.....