Upcoming Events Rewards....

2»

Comments

• PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited March 2022
    popps said:
    NO.  This will be exploited by reds.  No thanks.  You need to learn to work your suits better I think.  Of course a sampire does not need this  did you ever make one ?
    Well, why is it that, at least to my understanding, only Chivalry's Cleanse by Fire or a Greater Cure Potion when wearing +50% Enhance Potions can cure through Lethal Poison (level 5) ?
    Wrong. Arch Cure has no problem curing Lethal Poison. Neither does bandy healing with GM Healing/Vet. Way back in the pre-AoS days, Lethal Poison pretty much was a damn near incurable death sentence, but only Silver Serpents and GM Tinker Trapped Boxes (Explosion Trap would insta kill though) could inflict it. Come across a Silver Serpent in the T2A jungle, and he Lethal Poisoned you? Better start running back towards town before you die, just to make the trip back to your corpse faster. Today though? Lethal Poison is basically an inconvenience now, no longer the Death Sentence it once was.
    Poison has become so easily mitigated nowadays, that Nox Mages are basically extinct.
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    Seth said:
    I am praying hard for a non shard bound Fey cameo…
    But a cameo, or any talisman would be redundant with Fey slayer on it, since the Fey slayer, although its a superslayer insofar as it affects several creatures, in reality acts as a single slayer by damage output, dealing by itself the 300% max amount of slayer damage possible. It was shown a few days ago.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited March 2022
    Archangel said:
    Seth said:
    But a cameo, or any talisman would be redundant with Fey slayer on it, since the Fey slayer, although its a superslayer insofar as it affects several creatures, in reality acts as a single slayer by damage output, dealing by itself the 300% max amount of slayer damage possible. It was shown a few days ago.
    Hmm, how is the talisman redundant when it is still useful in dealing full 300% damage? I can now use non-slayer weapon and have an extra slot freed up for other spec - which is quite reasonable and not op. 

Those without the fey slayer talisman will then need have fey slayer weapon. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Balin_WingnutBalin_Wingnut Posts: 43
    edited March 2022
    NO.  This will be exploited by reds.  No thanks.  You need to learn to work your suits better I think.  Of course a sampire does not need this  did you ever make one ?
    How would it be exploited by anyone? What a dumb take.
    Many reds use EP in their templates.  Given the chance to add more they will undoubtedly take it so they can change suits    Get it now ??  Nor so dumb really is it ?
    But Jack, that isn't "exploiting" it. 

Any character that builds EP would use such items. The way it was phrased makes it sounds like specifically Reds will "exploit" these items. It sounds like you are referring to this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_exploit 

You should consider using a different word than "exploit" if you aren't referring to an exploit as defined in the article I linked above as other people will think that's what you mean.

But I still can't figure out why you specifically call out Reds as if they specifically are getting something out of this that other characters are not. Would you feel like explaining?
    Seth said:
    Archangel said:
    Seth said:
    Hmm, how is the talisman redundant when it is still useful in dealing full 300% damage? I can now use non-slayer weapon and have an extra slot freed up for other spec - which is quite reasonable and not op. 

Those without the fey slayer talisman will then need have fey slayer weapon. 
    You are correct, it would give versatility and add options. I'm so used to just use fey-slayer on my weapon with a spider cameo for TW, that I didn't think, hehe, but yes, more options are always a bonus!
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Many options are good unless it's a equipable instrument  ;)
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
     :D 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    McDougle said:
    Agree and still do not know why you want to equip an instrument  unless its like the Booze Bottles that you can hold in shield hand and does nothing.  4x 120 Bard is plenty powerful.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Agree and still do not know why you want to equip an instrument  unless its like the Booze Bottles that you can hold in shield hand and does nothing.  4x 120 Bard is plenty powerful.
    As is your sampire but you still want a slayer tali and how would it impact you at all
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    As is your sampire but you still want a slayer tali and how would it impact you at all
    What stats would this instrument have?  You gonna go with what they design? Mesanna did not seem to thrilled about it.

Or you just want to hold the slayer instrument like a Tali.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    What stats would this instrument have?  You gonna go with what they design? Mesanna did not seem to thrilled about it.

Well easy enough to make we have torches and orbs etc make lute artwork use shield transmog or give stats similar to like slot equipment 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:

Well easy enough to make we have torches and orbs etc make lute artwork use shield transmog or give stats similar to like slot equipment 
    The only one handed instrument would be a tambourine all others require 2 hands to play.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    edited March 2022
    Pawain said:

It would definitely have at least a 50% chance to Rock.  And a 10% opposite sex mob attraction.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    if bard can have mastery where his whistling and singing is as powerful even without instruments ... Like Cacofonix in Asterix. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs