Human to gargoyle gear

Is there anyway to change the gear I have on my elf to gargoyle gear? I would change my character from elf to gargoyle if I could swap the gear out for equivalent without having to re collect it all over again.

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    You need to be prepared to be greatly disappointed as gargoyles are just 4th class citizens..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 50
    Well darn.
    edited March 2022
    It's a  lot to list gloves become kilts yukio earrings only if you like losing resistance in a vital spot and oh that's where you're major sdi items end up sorry the sdi pieces available to you are hard to get with terrible resistance you will have leg and necklace spots to make up for it you will have to use mystic guard or hep for shield if you want all 70s oh and half the necklace available are tinker so no runic if you want a sampire forget it no swampy damage reductionfor you..shall i continue ...
    Honestly I never realized how unbalanced it was. I’m using a tamer/bard4x/necro(for utility) and wanted to switch over so I could fly and use a triton. My gear is pretty specific.
    Mandark said:
    Honestly I never realized how unbalanced it was. I’m using a tamer/bard4x/necro(for utility) and wanted to switch over so I could fly and use a triton. My gear is pretty3 specific.
    Aye it's sad really 
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    You can convert some artifacts at one of the npcs by the soul forge in royal city I think
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    @Mandark - Honestly you can probably get around with that template and be fine. Gargoyles are fine as a tamer that isn't going for max SDI and is fine for a bard as a support char.

Where McDougle's comment really comes into play is when trying match an elf (or human) template tit for tat. As mentioned above you will not be able to reach the same levels of SDI as a human/elf without some major sacrifices and you also won't be able to reach the same max luck given gargs head/neck/earrings slots is only head(earrings)/neck. Finally, you can make a pretty strong thrower but as a sampire you are missing out on the damage reduction from the swampy. Again, you can get by with a gargoyle so don't be afraid to create one but I might suggest making that a new character with new armor and soul stone the skills over as needed instead of altering your armor (ie putting all your eggs in one basket).
    Thank you all. That was really helpful information. 

@keven2002 I like your suggestion of creating a new character and building them up slowly, and converting. Great suggestion!
    I just dont understand it @Devs... I tried to equip Obi Di Ense [replica] belt/apron... it wont equip. I try to Alter it... It wont alter. I can equip a first aid belt on humans, elves, and gargoyles. I would just like some clarification if possible as to why some things are allowed and others are not. A belt is a belt. What you wrap around your waist should be allowed on all races. I can see the whole helm reasoning... Gargs have horns.  I can see capes because they cant fly. But why not aprons?
    Mandark said:
    I just dont understand it @ Devs... I tried to equip Obi Di Ense [replica] belt/apron... it wont equip. I try to Alter it... It wont alter. I can equip a first aid belt on humans, elves, and gargoyles. I would just like some clarification if possible as to why some things are allowed and others are not. A belt is a belt. What you wrap around your waist should be allowed on all races. I can see the whole helm reasoning... Gargs have horns.  I can see capes because they cant fly. But why not aprons?
    Sorry my friend i thought i said be ready for disappointment....
    @McDougle you were absolutely right. It's hard to be optimistic about Gargs when it seems like the majority of the loot isnt even for them. Like its nice to be different, but when clear skill advantages could be obtained over races, well that seems kinda improper. Simple fix... just convert back to elf or human. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    If he has to rely on that crap belt, his disappointment began way before he made a gargoyle.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    If he has to rely on that crap belt, his disappointment began way before he made a gargoyle.
    I use it sometimes just because it looks good and I'm not able to benefit from another option most of my casters are at int and mana caps without a tangle type belt so i like extra strength or dex
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    edited March 2022
    The Obi Di Ense belt with +10 focus is very usable considering it only has 5 less intel than the tangle (and how easy it is to hit 150 int regardless) AND a full 10 skill points. If you stack this with other skilled gear; you can fairly easily have 60 focus without really sacrificing anything. I adjusted my bard/tamer a while back to drop med, move to a non-med suit (extra LMC), and pick up the extra 60 focus. I'd love for them to put another +10 focus on something like a sash or robe because I'd pick those up as well
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited March 2022
    “A lot of misinformation in this thread.

You cannot convert elven armor to human as they are elves only. So you also cannot convert elven armor to gargoyle.

You can alter human armor/weapons to gargoyle 
    yet you cannot convert gargoyle armor/weapons to human

Loot spawns as both elven, human, and gargoyle

Therefore there is actually more choice of armor/weapons for gargoyles than there is for humans”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    “You cannot convert elven armor to human as they are elves only.

You can alter human armor/weapons to gargoyle 
    yet you cannot convert gargoyle armor/weapons to human

Loot spawns as both human and gargoyle

Therefore there is more choice of armor/weapons for gargoyles than there is for human “
    Oh yoshi 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    keven2002 said:
    The Obi Di Ense belt with +10 focus is very usable considering it only has 5 less intel than the tangle (and how easy it is to hit 150 int regardless) AND a full 10 skill points. If you stack this with other skilled gear; you can fairly easily have 60 focus without really sacrificing anything. I adjusted my bard/tamer a while back to drop med, move to a non-med suit (extra LMC), and pick up the extra 60 focus. I'd love for them to put another +10 focus on something like a sash or robe because I'd pick those up as well.

Once again P-Stain can't resist making a troll post without knowing what he's even talking about and shows complete lack of imagination or ability to think outside the box. He's out here playing checkers when others are clearly playing chess. Ouch.
    So I'll log onto Atlantic and you can show me all the players wearing that item. Including your toons.

Heading there now.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited March 2022
    “I use it on all 3 of my mystic mages..
    Current cost is about 150mill

(and I’m in VvV so have access to +10 dex crimson)”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.