one slot rideable mounts quality of life upgrades please

Can we please make all the one slot ride-able mounts resurrectable by the owner with bandages regardless of veterinary skill? On some servers its difficult to find a player vet to res your pet when it dies and the timer on the NPC is way to long it just becomes a major hassle to use anything but an ethereal. Allowing the owner to res the pet would see people start to use a lot of the mounts again from a basic horse / llama / ostard to a vanity mounts like Grizzled Mare / Lasher and Windrunner and old mounts like faction warhorses.

Doing this would have no negative impact on the game as the feature is already available to players on VvV mounts and previously faction warhorses. It would just make the game more new player friendly. I don't see any reason to prevent players from resurrecting their mount anymore. This game has all these cool mounts in the game that are rarely used because they are just an annoyance when they die.

Also I believe it would increase sales of things like Lasher and Windrunner off the uo store which could only be a beneficial thing for the game.

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited April 2018
    Hold on a second,
    1 pets can now bond so you don’t need to buy a new mount.
    2 there is an exploit where you can just log out to prevent your pet from dying 
    3 you can use an ethereal mount now at any age.
    4 you can use a vvv horse if you want to res your own mount.
    5, npc stable masters now res pets

how can you possibly ask for the game to get even easier?
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• TabinTabin Posts: 30

There is a potion that allows you to revive your pet - Elixir of Rebirth

• PureLifePureLife Posts: 54
    Tabin said:

would be a good solution if the main ingredients were easier to acquire. If they changed the Medusa blood out for something that can be more easily acquired I'd say that's a perfect solution and would also give alchemist's another item they can sell which is win-win for everyone.
  • AaylaAayla Posts: 170
    Can't you go see the veterinary?
  • Dot_WarnerDot_Warner Posts: 233
    If you're playing at off-peak times, it becomes a real PITA to get a pet resurrected

Vets require that your pet has been a ghost for of upwards 15 minutes before they with deign to resurrect it. Lower this to 3 minutes and the problem goes away entirely.

If you want to keep player-granted pet resurrections competitive, lower the amount of skill loss associated with the veterinary skill. (or tie it to animal lore)

Keep the NPC vet and potion resurrection skill loss where they currently are now.

However, I am completely in favor of the store-bought vanity mounts being given the no-skill resurrection treatment like faction/VvV mounts - as long as they haven't been trained up.

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    Mervyn said:
    Hold on a second,

Well I guess they could ask for the pet to just appear, not having to tame it or purchase it ? 

That at would be easier I guess.

but honestly I agree with the op a 1 slot pet being resed by anyone would be convenient 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Mervyn said:
    Hold on a second,

We know you love to kill other peoples mounts.  Shouldn't you recuse yourself from this conversation?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • DavoDavo Posts: 46
    not at this time. there so much to fix right now and we keep asking gimmie gimmie gimmie I want I want I want.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited April 2018
    Davo said:
    not at this time. there so much to fix right now and we keep asking gimmie gimmie gimmie I want I want I want.
    So what? This is the OFFICIAL UO forum, so, IMO, to ask is normal, to reply is courtesy and nobody here is damanding anything...
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    While I feel there is some exaggeration going on somewhere, My warrior has never waited more than 10 minutes for her swampy to be rezed by the NPC Vet, the delay clearly isn't having the effect it was intended to, ie making player tamers the first port of call to rescue distressed pets. There is perhaps a valid reason to suggest the delay be removed, or at least reduced.
    I'm just saying that most rideable's go largely unused because they are a hassle to get ressed. The Windrunner / Lasher and any future vanity mount would be more desirable items if the players had a more convenient way to res them their selves.  The ability for players to do so already exist with VvV mounts so it would not be a game breaking change.

The game's population on most shards does not support the outdated rules and should be adapted to make the game more player friendly.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,020

Why not just make Elixir of Rebirth or something similar available in the store?

-Arroth
  • SyncrosSyncros Posts: 116
    Mervyn said:
    Hold on a second,

Exactly,   #2 needs fixing but everything else is good.

Fixing/improving other areas of the game would be time better spent.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    edited April 2018
    Mervyn said:
    Hold on a second,

#2 is not an exploit and if you knew as much about UO as you claim you do than you would know exactly why it was put in place.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Mervyn knows #2 is not an exploit, he's been told so on more than one occasion, though I don't remember whether it was Bleak or Kyronix who said it; possibly both. He, however, has decided that because he considers it to be an exploit, then he'll keep calling it such until the devs cave in and fix it. I'm not holding my breath on that one.
    It was neither Kyronix nor Bleak, it was Mesanna, who beleived it was not an exploit, however i hadn't finished mansplaining to her why it was an exploit before she kicked me from the meet and greet.

Although just bcause a dev says something, doesn't make it so. They regularly change their minds and are capable of coming to more accurate conclusions when given more information. They are only human, not gods.

Does anyone remember when one of the team wrote in the newsletter that losing a mount's healthbar in classic client was not a bug but a feature and that they'll implement the loss of the health bar on EC??? to try and make 2 wrongs a right.

I don't really want to go into the whole insta pet logging issue on this thread.

Much like your non VvV mounts, the topic, will be resurrected a lot later.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    How about anyone with gm healing can rez or 80 healing with 80 anatomy can rez any pet 
    Thank you for making the change to the Store mounts it is a step in the right direction. But I do think it would be best if all 1-slot mounts could be done the same way. Don't want haters to think that this somehow makes the game pay to win or anything.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Option 5 is not really an option, unless you just enjoy waiting up to 20 minutes to rez a pet.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    There is nothing wrong with just making an EJ veterinarian. It is perfectly legal to log into two accounts on the same PC at the same time.
    If the store wanted to increase sales, why are they giving away shard transfers for free? 

This is a joke that they’re planning to implement this game breaking feature on a bug fixing patch.

Slow clap.

• KronalKronal Posts: 84
    Mervyn said:
    If the store wanted to increase sales, why are they giving away shard transfers for free? 

This is a joke that they’re planning to implement this game breaking feature on a bug fixing patch.

Slow clap.
    So because you don't like a change you use something that was implimented 6 years ago a a support for your argument?  Seems sorta weak to me.  
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    The NPC rez takes a ridiculous amount of time to accomplish.  Long enough that I went ahead and released mine to buy another, on two occasions....  WTF was the reason for that long delay to start with?
  • Dot_WarnerDot_Warner Posts: 233
    The NPC rez takes a ridiculous amount of time to accomplish.  Long enough that I went ahead and released mine to buy another, on two occasions....  WTF was the reason for that long delay to start with?

To force you to rely on other players, the MM in MMORPG. But since it relies on humans being kind and helping others, it was doomed to failure upon conception. 

Either lower the timer to ~3 minutes or let tamers create "pet resurrection deeds" like crafters make repair deeds. Elixirs of Rebirth are a PITA to find on most shards.
    Kronal said:
    Mervyn said:

Slow clap.
    So because you don't like a change you use something that was implimented 6 years ago a a support for your argument?  Seems sorta weak to me.  
    Your definition of a weak argument differs to mine. 

I would also like to know how someone goes about getting such a game ruining feature approved.

Might aswell just delete vvv as so many people will quit it and just ride these instead of VvV mounts. Why oh why are we adding this to a “bug fix” patch? This is not a bug. VvV mounts work like this for a reason, there is a reason you can’t self res mounts that are not VvV mounts. 

Can @mesanna please clarify that this will only work in trammel. Or clarify there will be a 5 minute delay or something in being able to self res. Or clarify that you must be in VvV to be able to perform the self res?

• TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    In the grand scheme of things, giving the store-bought pet a slight bonus (and it is NOT pay-to-win, nothing stops a player from training up a vet on a 2nd account to do the same job for free - the bonus is just a convenience) is good for the UO Shop. And the UO Shop is good for the survival of UO in the 21st century. Particularly if it does well enough to lighten up on EJ restrictions so we get even more folks paying into the shop. While I would love to see this added to all other 1 slot mounts, it is prolly best for UO if it applies only to store bought pets. And then they add more types of pets :) 

Just out of curiosity tho... are there THAT many people who are in VvV purely for the mount? So many of them that VvV will just collapse in on itself? I am not being sarcastic, I truly am curious how many join JUST for the mount.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Any mount that cost real money should have been just like the charger.
    edited May 2018
    I would say roughly >50% 

But what does this mean? These people who leave VvV will give out murder counts (as they’ll stilll continue to pvp, just troll pvp by only attacking red/greys in group fights/protecting champion spawn boss killers/wall of stoning) and this will make many people forced to take murder counts just for defending their own team members in group fights. 

The devs have stated that it is not a bug that the town city buff remains after death. So many people have built their suits around the Fast casting 1 buff that only blues can get. So they will find it very annoying to have to keep eating forged pardons just because an opposing guild is using non VvV members. 

You may ask, what’s stopping guilds from using non VvV members now? Well currently non VvV members are at a disadvantage for group pvp fights as when they get dismounted, they’ll be unable to remount as they can’t self res their pet. So people can currently troll by joining in fights (by wall of stoning/attacking pets/targeting red/greys) but they have a higher likelihood of death. 
    Removing this main disadvantage will increase trolling.

I hope I have explained the fel infrastructure causes and effects. 

• MissEMissE Posts: 776
    PureLife said:
    Tabin said:

would be a good solution if the main ingredients were easier to acquire. If they changed the Medusa blood out for something that can be more easily acquired I'd say that's a perfect solution and would also give alchemist's another item they can sell which is win-win for everyone.
    Agree, this is the best solution.  Change the ingredients so that alchemists have something to make that has easily obtainable ingredients.  I don't make ANY of the new potions on my alchemist as the ingredients are just a pain in the butt and not worth the effort to obtain given the time factor and what people would be willing to pay.  Like all things 'new' in UO, they make you jump through hoops to get ingredients to produce consumable items so that it becomes a waste of time/effort to make a pot that you get minimum price for. Your better off killing dragons or something else for time v reward.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum