March 2022, now approraching TWO YEARS since last significant "pvp updates"

CodyCody Posts: 30
Pub 108 was the last patch that had anything of remote importance in changes to pvp(been YEARS since anything remotely NEW has been released(VVV.))
Those changes include: 
  • Bushido Evasion PvP is now subject to diminishing returns after the first evade which will increase with each evade. Diminishing return scales up to a max of 70% evasion reduction. For example, a player with a 60% chance to evade would be reduced to 18% at the max reduction.
  • The weapon hit property Splintering PvP immunity now includes force walk and now lasts 15 seconds.
  • Shatter Potions will now provide 60 seconds of PvP immunity once hit. Users of the shatter pots will be unable to hide for 6 seconds. There is also a chance for the number of potions shattered to be reduced. Reduced throwing range to 8 tiles.
  • While players are in combat with other players equipping +skill items will have a 15-second delay to increasing skill.
  • Discordance(PvP) will last up to 5 seconds or 8 seconds if the Bard is Focused Spec on players.
  • Increased casting time from 1.5 to 2 seconds for Chivalry spell Remove Curse.
  • Decreased mana cost from 2 x mana cost to mana cost + 6 for Taming Mastery ability As On
Since then,  I think Evasion was maybe tuned once? Nice they acknowledged it needed changing/reworking.. but somehow still have 7/10 people pvping utilizing Bushido/Evasion because it you simply cant beat hitting evasion and negating 100s of damage(which is what happens more times than not.) 
Now, I think more stuff could be worked/tuned better, but Ill let others post about those issues.

Now, If the developers went two years without releasing store items, or PVM events & or updates, the forums would be just going crazy.. But for some reason the pvp community it put on the backburner. 
Back at the 20th Anniversary Party Q & A --- We were told that in the -What’s Coming in Our Next Publish-- that there were going to be VVV updates in pub 100, 101 by Messana. (Refer to Cetrics post from 2018 about that one.)
VvV was published in 2014 ish? so were going on nearly 8 years of no significant changes to PVP. (Not even as much as different items added to VVV to entice people to actually use the system, different hue pets, etc.) 

Now I do not disagree that it is probably a headache and a half to balance the actually state of PVP due to so many factors that go into it; but there are numerous things that can be done to keep PvP orientated players interested, and playing.

We have the 1v1 arena, what about changing that to allow 1-10 players per team, with a larger scale arena? Maybe set brackets? Run them concurrently with publishes to award the team/teams that place with unique items. (Armor/Artifacts that have unique properties useful to players--maybe put a brittle + effect on it to decay much faster than current armor/jewels) 

We did get the publish to bring replica's into champ spawns, when that first came out spawns were a HUGE and sought after thing, to get the artifacts.. What about just updating the artifacts to more relevant items? Wouldn't take a whole lot to do that? 

Maybe Under water style/Roof style Boss in the fel setting that awards Pvp Orientated loot/items. (tele rings, mounts, potions, etc.)

Im far from a creative person.. But its just disappointing to see people of the community fall of because there just is no purpose or incentive to play. The current VVV system has many flaws that were never really corrected.. (Blue attacking a VVV to go VVV, then dies and is now blue to everyone else besides who is currently flagged on him is a big one, I'm sure there's more) And overall VVV has little to no impact with the longevity is has been around with no updates.
It seems the last few times there has been input on test(two years ago) it wasnt very public and few people showed up.. How about a state of PVP meet and greet that everyone knows about to voice theese ideas/issues.

@Bleak
@Kyronix

Any information is there are changes to come? 

Comments

• LynkLynk Posts: 185
    Sounds good, just keep idiots with terrible ideas and no understanding of the game like you out of the mix and I'm on board.
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    Lynk said:
    Sounds good, just keep idiots with terrible ideas and no understanding of the game like you out of the mix and I'm on board.

History has shown time and time again, that this will not be the case.

Remember the two different VvV and PvP focus groups in the past that had a limit on how many people could join, you had to email to have a chance to be selected to join, and were comprised of about 80% trammies who just used it to complain about how often they've been PKed during their UO careers? Trammies who had zero basic understanding of the actual game outside of logging in and toggling armor ignore while attacking a dragon, and who all abused their position in the focus group to drown out the handful of actual pvpers who were submitting actual ideas and feedback?
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited March 2022
    “I don’t think they would create another arena because they went to the effort of creating the arenas for us, and for no reason known to myself, they don’t get used. People still duel at Jhelum sheep pen. 

There’s also not much point updating the champ artifacts, unless they were made to be shard bound. As champs are mass farmed on dead shards. 
    Shard bounding the power scrolls would be an easier change. Also a VvV like notification about champs spawns being worked would make for a fairer game as not every guild can run stealth bots to check the champs. Ours hasn’t been switched on for over a week.

As for many people utilising evasion, I’m not sure what else people can counter a synchronised dump with. Especially with the sophisticated software that is being utilised to synchronise the spells/attacks by guilds. 
    On the whole I think things are fairly balanced right now, there are a lot of different templates out there being used. I swear down I was nearly killed by a bard today.

VvV towns would be fought over more if, and dare I say it. They deleted the 16th anniversary statuettes (or put a summoning timer on them like ethereal horses) so people would have to pop VvV mounts instead.”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Any item that "summons" a pet (In this instance, VvV Statues, 16th Anniv Ponies, and Sov. Shop mounts) should function in the same way as a pet summoning ball, in that there is an interruptible delay after using it while animal is summoned.

Idk tho, people have presented plenty of ideas on how to approach balancing game play, but I doubt any of it really is ever considered, because our development team as a whole lacks any fundamental or mechanical knowledge of the goings on in pvp. What this game needs is a PvP designer capable of looking at the state of the game in an unbiased yet experienced manner, and who actively engages with the PvP community.

Furthermore can we nix the confinement of VvV points to towns? You guys gutted an already very well fleshed out program and made from it something that pales in comparison in every aspect of what players wanted. I would say that 80% of my VvV fighting has been outside of any "active town" since they release of the VvV system, it'd be nice to gain points for killing enemy VvV participants in dungeons, just like how we used to gain silver for actively participating in faction fights.
    edited March 2022
    gay said:

Furthermore can we nix the confinement of VvV points to towns?
    "that would open up the points system to further abuse, with people killing their other accounts in their houses etc, like how they do with Justice"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited March 2022
    Yoshi said:
    gay said:

"that would open up the points system to further abuse, with people killing their other accounts in their houses etc, like how they do with Justice"

Yeah, sure. Because there is definitely no way in the year 2022 to think up a relatively simple way to prevent that while accommodating players with a fleshed out PvP system.

Oh wait, they could just make it so repeat kills/res kills don't give points and like old factions permanently store the last killer. And then idk, maybe a couple not so difficult things to figure out from there? I'm not the professional developer with a degree so I'll leave them to take 30 seconds and figure the rest out.

I gotta ask, do you actually do anything productive here? Or just nay say anything that cannot personally benefit you?
    "I wasn't dismissing the idea, just raising a potential issue, i agree you should get points for *valid kills outside the town"
  • GwenGwen Posts: 210
    Yoshi said:
    gay said:

I dont do it in house. New Magnicia gate always have red priests to res my red.