start over on atlantic or

Stay on ledgends? I have 6-7 toons. 2 are complete crafter/harvesters. 
I am new returning player and it looks like everyone is playing on atlantic. There is no way i will spend 20 bucks per toon to move them. Debating the energy involved in just remaking..or solo life where im at.

Comments

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,209
    People sell xfer tokens for gold. It should be fairly easy to farm Legends and buy them with the gold you collect. 
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    Making new characters isn't hard. Start with one template that you enjoy, then make something else you might need later.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    I have left the game several times and migrated 5 times.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,974Moderator
    I would first call out in general chat on Legends. While the Atlantic population is large, there are modest and active populations on most other shards.
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 637
    Before moving to another shard spend some time there to see if the culture is one that suits you. Spend some time on your own shard and heed Mariah's timeless advice. Legends has good people.
  • KazKaz Posts: 128
    Its a tough call, the sheer population of Atlantic is appealing.  But I personally feel its OVER populated.  I like to be able to run around and not bump into a house every 2 seconds.

There are quite a few middle of the road population shards, you wont see the locals sitting around Luna bank though, theyre out hunting.  So you need to actually meet some of them and get involved.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited March 2022
    Kaz said:
    Its a tough call, the sheer population of Atlantic is appealing.  But I personally feel its OVER populated.  I like to be able to run around and not bump into a house every 2 seconds.

There are quite a few middle of the road population shards, you wont see the locals sitting around Luna bank though, theyre out hunting.  So you need to actually meet some of them and get involved.
    The overpopulation and vendor search issue can be resolved if they can simplify cross shard trading. I believe there is a big group that does nothing but trade in Atlantic.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Legends used to have a decent population. While looking at a new shard to start on, i could not find nor get a single person to answer on any of the chat options. To me, it's completely dead for my play times. 

Atlantic is overpopulated for sure BUT you are almost guaranteed to find someone to do stuff with anytime of day or night, and find anything you need already stocked on vendors. 

Share with us what you enjoy doing and we can possibly point you in the right direction. 

• NaeroNaero Posts: 7
    Thanks for the replys. I put my house back up on Lrgends, rolled an alt on atlantic. Go with that for now. And for what I do, well I just dont know =)  I like to craft but with little to no population it would be for myself, so I guess I need a solid solo hunter. I have a decent tamer im nervous to use..aka rusty, and im trying to make sense of this sampire i got going atm. Plenty to keep me entertained atm.
    Naero said:
    Thanks for the replys. I put my house back up on Lrgends, rolled an alt on atlantic. Go with that for now. And for what I do, well I just dont know =)  I like to craft but with little to no population it would be for myself, so I guess I need a solid solo hunter. I have a decent tamer im nervous to use..aka rusty, and im trying to make sense of this sampire i got going atm. Plenty to keep me entertained atm.
    Crafting is severely outdated unless it's for weapons or luck suits. Once you see some of the armor being produced by hunting you will understand why. Not sure if you were around duing imbuing, but that can make you some decent starter gear. 

The tamer is an excellent way to do a solo hunt. Read up on the new animal taming training (Mariah's que to insert the link) and you can have an unstoppable pet.

My favorite template is the discord tamer. You can solo just about anything in the game with that template. 

Almost anything you don't want will give cleanup points towards some decent items that players will buy for some free easy coin. (Left click a trash barrel, appraise for cleanup then dump) Use one character for this or you can transfer points from each character using the cleanup NPC located in Britain or Haven.