EoO and Blood Oath combined?

Probably a stupid question here, but I havent been able to find an answer online. Could Enemy of One be used to Buff incoming damage from players or monsters that are not under the effect of EoO thus increasing the Effects of Blood Oath?  Perhaps making a player a reflect bomb?  This is of course before resisting spells.

Comments

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Not quite sure what you mean but eoo increases our char'ss damage against others only. Can you give an example what u mean by buff incoming damage?

btw, dont worry about stupid questions.... weird ideas and posts from popps always garner tons of comments, before getting locked... but your question appears legitimate though confusing to me. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “Even when the target doesn’t have resisting spells, with blood oath you don’t reflect more damage than you actually receive yourself
    so you’d get hit pretty hard yourself.
    generally it’s hard to mix chiv with necro due to karma issues.

But i will tell you a trick. If you blood oath someone, then cast evil omen, that will tip the balance of the next hit, the target will receive more damage than yourself. I am giving away trade secrets here though"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 50
    edited March 2022
    @Seth ; EoO increases the damge you give to the target you select, but it also increases the damage you receive from all other enemies. So if I was to EoO like lets say a secondary target and not the main focus target, the main focus target would be doing increased damage to me. 

So then if I Blood Oath the main target, would they not receive increased damage since they are doing more damage to me? And @Yoshi if you were to Evil Omen the main target along with blood oath would that even further the damage potential? Thank you for the trade secret.  ;)

I know staying alive is a big risk factor here, and im not even sure if its doable... but its kind of interesting to think about. Reverse engineering damage.  Maybe  a reflect physical damage build in addition to said strategy might yield decent damage output. 
    edited March 2022
    This is the kind of topic worthy in this forum.

A EOO B
    C attacks A at 2x damage
    A BO C
    C should get the same 2x damage that A is getting.

I think this works for pvp but will leave that to Yoshi.

For pvm, I don't think it's worth it because players suffer more % losses than monsters typically with 1000s of hp.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 50
    edited March 2022
    @Seth Thank you kind sir

I don't Pvp yet, but am curious.... Could you EoO your guildmate?
    Mandark said:
    @ Seth Thank you kind sir

I don't Pvp yet, but am curious.... Could you EoO your guildmate?
    I guess it is supposed to but there is a reported bug in this thread.

https://forum.uo.com/discussion/7749/consecrate-weapon-enemy-of-one-not-working-properly-in-pvp
  • ReikoReiko Posts: 30
    I'm also curious, I think this is a really interesting concept. I would assume it would be an easy test if someone wants to do it:

Have two players, one with chiv and necro, another one with a pet (tames or mages).
    Enemy Mage (Player 1): Summon Earth Ele > All Kill
    Player 2: Cast blood oath on Player 1. Record average of damage taken and given.
    Player 2: Cast Enemy of One and activate on mount. Cast Blood Oath on Player 2. Record average of damage taken/given.

Hopefully someone gives it a go! I'd never have a use for this but would be a cool gimmick strategy.