Spellweaving's Gift of Life should really work like the Sacrifice Virtue....

2»

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,904
    Pawain said:
    Then yall would complain that you can't get to your body because it is crowded still.  

Add a mob repellent mist that sprays when you use those methods.
    A complaint that would not be possible to be expressed, to my opinion....

Why ?

Because someone who has Spellweaving to cast Gift of Life, they can also cast Ethereal Journey which would make it possible to them, once self-ressed at a safe location if Gift of Life was to permit the walking of the Ghost before the "charge" of the Gift of Life spell is used up, to go back to retrieve their Corpse stuff without that spawn interfering with it...
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    Then yall would complain that you can't get to your body because it is crowded still.  

Why ?

Because someone who has Spellweaving to cast Gift of Life, they can also cast Ethereal Journey which would make it possible to them, once self-ressed at a safe location if Gift of Life was to permit the walking of the Ghost before the "charge" of the Gift of Life spell is used up, to go back to retrieve their Corpse stuff without that spawn interfering with it...
    He was being sarcastic but your response simply showed why what you ask for is totally unnecessary..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    McDougle said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

Why ?

He was being sarcastic but your response simply showed why what you ask for is totally unnecessary..
    On the contrary, it DOES is necessary..... because Ethereal Journey needs to be cast, before it works.... and when there is a bunch of spawn, already aggravated towards that character which got killed, if the Ghost self-resses "on the spot", with all of that Spawn which killed that character, still aggravated towards that character, there simply is NO time to self-res on the spot using the Gift of Life charge, get requipped for the 100% LRC to work AND finally cast Ethereal Journey to have all of the Spawn around there look the other place, at least for a short while (Ethereal Journey even at 120 Spellweaving and with a Circle 6 lasts way, but WAY too short but this, is an entire other story....).

Unfortunately, the Spawn there would Rez-kill that just self-resurrected Ghost using that Gift of Life charge "on the spot".... long before they can even "try" casting Ethereal Journey...

Gift of Life, and Gem of Salvation, need to permit to the Ghost to walk away to a safe location before using them....
    So you have insurance and now your loot proof statue three ways to self rez etheral journey and undertakers staff and you still want more ? 
    McDougle said:
    So you have insurance and now your loot proof statue three ways to self rez etheral journey and undertakers staff and you still want more ? 
    That is not the point...

The point is, that having a spell, Gift of Life, or an item, Gem of Salvation, which most of the times ends up with the character getting Res-killed by the same spawn that killed that character the 1st time, seems to me useless, pointless to make those things available to players in the first place...

What is the point to have an ability to self-res, when that self-ressing most of the time gets one killed right on the spot once again because the spawn that killed the character is still all there?
    popps said:
    McDougle said:
    That is not the point...

The point is, that having a spell, Gift of Life, or an item, Gem of Salvation, which most of the times ends up with the character getting Res-killed by the same spawn that killed that character the 1st time, seems to me useless, pointless to make those things available to players in the first place...

What is the point to have an ability to self-res, when that self-ressing most of the time gets one killed right on the spot once again because the spawn that killed the character is still all there?
    You can decide to not rez there... 
  • GwenGwen Posts: 210
    popps said:
    McDougle said:
    That is not the point...

Tis is online game. Gift of Life is OK if you have party killing mobs Or a pet which will kill angry spawn. 
    Otherwise you go to a shrine and res there. Easy. 
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    Pawain said:
    Archangel said:
    Pawain said:

I don' need to get to my body EVER, all is insured or blessed and if it's fresh loot, I don't lose sleep over it. And even running from Shame to a healer and recalling back I always find my body, so you obviously don't get it, as usual.  I want to rez in order to either keep on fighting, or to be able to recall out of the bloody place, that simple. I certainly have no desire to rez just to be killed again. That is an exercise in futility, and futility per-se is best avoided. Even you could understand the concept if you apply to it!
    You are confusing me with someone that wants the proposed change.

And if the OP got the change then .... insert my post here.

I use undertakers staff so I do not need to get my body.
    I also have an undertakers staff... I've used it once I believe, ... I dont care about finding my body most of the time, so you see, I don't want to rez for your same reasons.. my body and all in it can rot for all I care. I want to rez for the fun of keeping on fighting...

That's why I agree with the OP. I want Gift of life to be a useful rez, not a waste of time rather to be avoided. If it had let's say, a 15 step count at least, it would be a bit more useful, as it is, I rather walk out as a ghost, than peruse the " 'Gift' of Gray Robe".
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    It would make weaving even better if it allowed you to run away.

Maybe the devs weighed options and decided walking away and having half HP when you res at a distance and you don't need to build something up again, it was deemed too powerful. 

I would be fine with it letting you walk away. Or staying as is.

It's bad for EM events on LS where the devs like to make the mobs teleport your ghost constantly. Sometimes it seems like forever before you can get your ghost far enough away so you can get back into the fight.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited March 2022
    Memory remains fresh that gift of life is useless in dungeon events. Let's forget this and say Sacrifice - there are times when I find it hard to find a safe spot to rez because there are too much spawn around and there are no other players nearby to distract them. I ended up running to another level or higher before activating the rez. Just a second of lag could kill if you rez in the vicinity of paragons.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • TXEggplantTXEggplant Posts: 161
    I think it's fine the way it is. You can always choose not to self-rezz or you can just wait a bit or you can run away from what is killing you before you die. I can think of only a couple times that I didn't have any warning that I was going down. I use it as a backup and never assume it's going to make my gameplay any easier. The second I start feeling cocky is the second right before I get taken out by a mongbat or something equally humiliating.

Gift of Life is a GIFT you can choose to use or not. If the healer is too far, attack it after you get back to living and have it chase you closer to where you need it. I play solo a lot so I get how inconvenient it can be but part of gaming in general is developing critical thinking skills to help you succeed in the game. You can't keep trying to get the game to change to suit you, you have to change to suit the game.
    Maith Ceol, Chesapeake
    Governor of Moonglow

Discord: txeggplant
    maithceol@gmail.com