Maybe we need fishing mastery!!

McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
edited March 2022 in General Discussions
Lucky casting no more footware junk or no names
Master trapper  lost traps greatly reduced..
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    That sounds great, fishermen need some love and something to get others interested.  The shoe thing is a little thing to the some but a big thing to all of us that get them continually.  The Mastery sounds terrific.
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited March 2022
    No longer fishing up footwear could be a Passive bonus. So could less chance of losing traps.
    Active Mastery abilities could be an ability that makes sea creatures (Water Elementals/Sea Serpents/Deep Sea Serpents/Krakens) ignore you while channeling it. Call it "Sea Calmer".
    The other active Mastery ability could be the ability to either summon a Greater Water Elemental to defend you, or charm/summon a Kraken. Call it "Siren's Call".
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    yes please

• Maybe have Fishing Mastery buff Cannon damage as well, especially against foes like Plunder Beacons, Osiredon, Charybdis, and his Giant Tentacles.
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 883
    I have 2 Legendary fishermen and 4 GM fishermen.  At this skill level I should NOT be catching shoes and boots etc. Lobster pots, at this level I should NOT be catching worthless lobsters and crabs. 

If a player needs to catch plain crustaceans then they should keep skill below GM

there should be a reward for working this skill up to a few beyond GM

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    edited March 2022
    I think the no name regular crabs / lobsters should be treated like the no name regular fish you buy from a fisher NPC; if you have low skill you would get them and you could buy from the NPC as well. 

I'm thinking maybe the fishing mastery should help with bait strength? I don't know if that would be a waste or not given I've heard mixed reviews while using the fisher suit and bait but assuming bait works the way it should; I think that maybe for every 5 points of fishing you have over 90 would be +7% to bait so at 120 that would be +42% to fishing bait and it would stack with the fishing suit for a total of 92% bait strength.