Origin store down?

UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
edited March 2022 in General Discussions
I haven't been able to log in for 2 days to purchase sovereigns. Site issue or browser issue? 

Chrome/Win10-updated

Edit: Login error occurs when trying under incognito

Comments

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    Ea stopped all sales to Russians   
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Skett said:
    Ea stopped all sales to Russians   
    Understandable, but i'm nowhere near Russia. I don't use a VPN, only incog to keep browser history at a minimum
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    I just tried and had no problem logging in using either Edge or Firefox using inPrivate mode.  What URL are you using?  Mine is https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    He does not want his wife to know he is online shopping.  :D
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    TimSt said:
    I just tried and had no problem logging in using either Edge or Firefox using inPrivate mode.  What URL are you using?  Mine is https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store
    Same URL just google chrome from desktop. Xfinity internet. Win10 completely updated. Says login unavailable at this time. Normal browser i can get right in. 
    Pawain said:
    He does not want his wife to know he is online shopping.  :D
    OCD basically. I don't like any information saved to my browser for anything. 

I tried the wife thing. They're just too expensive and whiney. 
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Just use the normal browser mode then clear all history and data after. Kind of over the top for such a minor thing but everyone operates differently. 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Urge said:
    Same URL just google chrome from desktop. Xfinity internet. Win10 completely updated. Says login unavailable at this time. Normal browser i can get right in. 
    Same set up except without incognito and went right in.  Dump the incognito and install and GOOD virus protection program.  You can also clear your history every night if it bothers you that much.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I think people miss the point it was working for him now it's not. urge not a noob and doesn't need suggestions or people to say works for me....
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    McDougle said:
    I think people miss the point it was working for him now it's not. urge not a noob and doesn't need suggestions or people to say works for me....
    Urge said:
    Site issue or browser issue? 
    Sounds like he is asking
    You're both correct!

It was working last time I purchased sovereign, which was a few months ago but now it doesn't. I did get right in without incog.

I have also never taken the time to become a pro with a computer so we'll just say any input is good input. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Urge said:

so we'll just say any input is good input. 
    Man we love that attitude here!  :D
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
     ;) 
  • usernameusername Posts: 690
    Chrome has a ton of settings, especially for cookies and extensions, that by default enabled with the normal browser and are disabled incognito. Just use the default browser and clear your history/cache afterwards if you're that ocd or whatever.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.