What is wrong with Twisted Weald ?

2»

Comments

• Fool me once, shame you. Fool me twice, shame on me . . .
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• NecronomNecronom Posts: 28
    There's something I don't quite understand. How many things can an NPC monster loot from your corpse? Sounds like this NPC is greedy and took a lot...
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "Well @popps ; the second time you didn't actually see the cursed stuff on the floor.

I don't know i just died in Twisted Weald and powerscrolls/masteries remained on my corpse"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    popps said:
    Seth said:
    Why do u carry so many mastery books and scrolls for a champ spawn. We usually clear our bags after each round.

Forget it they are gone. They didn't even bother to return my traceable, lost pet bought from UO store using $$$ Cash.
    I mentioned it but, apparently, it was overlooked so I will once again explain it...

The 1st time this happened to me, in Twisted Weald and by the Altar, I had like 5 or 6 Primers 3, no scrolls, which I had recently purchased off a Vendor then, because I had to do else, I got distracted and totally forgot about having them in my backpack. I got unfortunately killed at Twisted Weald, by the Altar, and the Primers went to the ground, not stayed with my corpse, I overlooked them (did not know), and they decayed....

The 2nd time, I only had 1 Primer and like 5 or 6 Alacrity Scrolls which I needed for training reasons, and this was why I had them with me. Due to hitting a wrong marco by mistake, I got targeted by a bunch of MoBs there, and died.
    This 2nd time, I should have remembered of my 1st incident but, as it happens sometimes with one's own memory, I had forgotten about it, did not think that, once again, the Primer would have fallen to the ground, along with the scrolls, and not gone to my corpse, so, overlooked them, also I was in a hurry to log off, so got ressed at the Anhk, run back to corpse, double clicked it, and then run back to Moongate to a place where I could safely log off.

Both times, due to this falling to the ground and overlooking about them, I lost several Primers 3 and Alacrity scrolls.... I would say like in the 30M total in between the 2 incidents, possibly, and this, only because those items where coded to fall to the ground, rather then going into my corpse as I think they should have had to.
    Alright, so in conclusion "falling to the ground and not the corpse" is not working as intended and hence is a bug. 

Need to add this to the loooonng queue for bug reporting, last I heard it is around 270th? @McDougle
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Seth said:
    popps said:
    Seth said:
    Why do u carry so many mastery books and scrolls for a champ spawn. We usually clear our bags after each round.

Forget it they are gone. They didn't even bother to return my traceable, lost pet bought from UO store using $$$ Cash.
    I mentioned it but, apparently, it was overlooked so I will once again explain it...

The 1st time this happened to me, in Twisted Weald and by the Altar, I had like 5 or 6 Primers 3, no scrolls, which I had recently purchased off a Vendor then, because I had to do else, I got distracted and totally forgot about having them in my backpack. I got unfortunately killed at Twisted Weald, by the Altar, and the Primers went to the ground, not stayed with my corpse, I overlooked them (did not know), and they decayed....

The 2nd time, I only had 1 Primer and like 5 or 6 Alacrity Scrolls which I needed for training reasons, and this was why I had them with me. Due to hitting a wrong marco by mistake, I got targeted by a bunch of MoBs there, and died.
    This 2nd time, I should have remembered of my 1st incident but, as it happens sometimes with one's own memory, I had forgotten about it, did not think that, once again, the Primer would have fallen to the ground, along with the scrolls, and not gone to my corpse, so, overlooked them, also I was in a hurry to log off, so got ressed at the Anhk, run back to corpse, double clicked it, and then run back to Moongate to a place where I could safely log off.

Both times, due to this falling to the ground and overlooking about them, I lost several Primers 3 and Alacrity scrolls.... I would say like in the 30M total in between the 2 incidents, possibly, and this, only because those items where coded to fall to the ground, rather then going into my corpse as I think they should have had to.
    Alright, so in conclusion "falling to the ground and not the corpse" is not working as intended and hence is a bug. 

Need to add this to the loooonng queue for bug reporting, last I heard it is around 270th? @ McDougle
    270, 271, Whatever it takes.

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "i could not reproduce sorry"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited March 2022
    Yoshi said:
    "i could not reproduce sorry"
    Maybe @popps missed a step in his recap. I don't think its easy to reproduce all bugs. The case with bonded pets die and no ghost - it only happened to me once. I didn't have the same issue after that incident. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited March 2022
    Yoshi said:
    "Well @ popps  the second time you didn't actually see the cursed stuff on the floor.

I don't know i just died in Twisted Weald and powerscrolls/masteries remained on my corpse"
    "I don't know i just died in Twisted Weald and powerscrolls/masteries remained on my corpse"

Well, then I am speechless because, as I said, after resurrecting and going back to my corpse, and double clicking it to retrieve all of my uninsured stuff, I DID open my corpse up and, it was empty....

I am positive about that.

And neither the Primer nor the Alacrity scrolls went back to my main backpack upon double clicking my corpse....

So, the only possible alternative, is that they did not go into the corpse and fall onto the ground unless some MoB in Twisted Weald looted some 6 or 7 items consisting in 1 Primer and 5 or 6 Alacrity scrolls which, I have a hard time to think as possible...

Yet, if you say that you had powerscrolls/masteries remain on your corpse, then I do not know what to say....

A graphical "glitch" ?

The Primer and Alacrities were on my corpse but, due to some buggy Graphical glitch they did not show up ?

Although, I did open up the corpse multiple times so... if this was the cause of some buggy graphical glitch, it did come up for like the 2 or 3 times that I opened my corpse up to make sure that nothing was left in it...

For the record, I was using the Enhanced Client with Pinco's UI, I am not sure whether this might factor in or not, to what happened to me....
  • I still suspect there is more to this story, personally my suspicion leads towards using 'stuck'.  I do it myself sometimes, hit the stuck option and go make coffee.  Whatever the reason there are lessons to be learned...

1.  Dont carry an abundance of expensive stuff in very clearly dodgy areas.
    2.  If you need a Masery III Primer, buy it... use it... problem solved.
    3.  Use the Satyrs in Despise, it's not a champ area and they are far easier to control.
    4.  Cursed items fall to the ground in champ areas if you use 'Help im stuck', been like this forever.

Twisted Weald has been there for around 17 years... and only you experience this issue? twice? and no one else can re-create it?  C'mon!
    edited March 2022
    I still suspect there is more to this story, personally my suspicion leads towards using 'stuck'.  I do it myself sometimes, hit the stuck option and go make coffee.  Whatever the reason there are lessons to be learned...

1.  Dont carry an abundance of expensive stuff in very clearly dodgy areas.
    2.  If you need a Masery III Primer, buy it... use it... problem solved.
    3.  Use the Satyrs in Despise, it's not a champ area and they are far easier to control.
    4.  Cursed items fall to the ground in champ areas if you use 'Help im stuck', been like this forever.

Twisted Weald has been there for around 17 years... and only you experience this issue? twice? and no one else can re-create it?  C'mon!
    I can confirm that I did not use the help stuck option neither or the 2 times.

I walked back to the Moongate to then move on.... it is pointless to use the help stuck from the Altar area of Twisted Weald since running mounted to the Spirituality Moongate is quite faster as compared to the helpstuck timer so, it really makes no sense, at least to me, to use the help stuck to get out of it when running mounted to the Spirituaity Moongate gets the job done faster....
  • Then go re-create the bug and report it, I'm going to guess you can't.

Many people use 'help stuck' in that area more so when deeper inside and you have to trail back through the sand.  It's more common and not as pointless as you think, sometimes people are just plain lazy, which includes me.  I have no idea but the champ boundary might stretch further than you think.

The lessons to be learned stand no matter what.
  • Then go re-create the bug and report it, I'm going to guess you can't.

Many people use 'help stuck' in that area more so when deeper inside and you have to trail back through the sand.  It's more common and not as pointless as you think, sometimes people are just plain lazy, which includes me.  I have no idea but the champ boundary might stretch further than you think.

The lessons to be learned stand no matter what.
    May as well be talking to the wall.

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    This thread is long and I didn’t read it all but next time this happens try resizing your backpack gump and see if the items appear. I’ve seen this bug in EC and can’t recall if I’ve seen it with Pincos UI but it did fix it for me in the past. 
    dvvid said:
    This thread is long and I didn’t read it all but next time this happens try resizing your backpack gump and see if the items appear. I’ve seen this bug in EC and can’t recall if I’ve seen it with Pincos UI but it did fix it for me in the past. 
    Thank you for the advice, next time I run into anything like this I will try remember of your suggestion.