Annoying back pack issue.

So I log in on every character and i have this white polar bear back pack and every time i go into the options and set it to default, hit apply, hit ok, log out. I then log in and it is fine for that 1 time. next time i log in it is back to Polar. I have uninstalled the game completely, I've gone into Mydocuments/ea games/ultima online legacy/ and deleted everything.. all the character files. I've reinstalled the game, logged in and poof it's polar bear again.. is there anyway I can remove this polar bear pack from existence? 

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited March 2022
    “Some options, and this is one of them are global. Deleting all the char files should’ve fixed this but goto Documents/ultimaOnlineLegacy/accountname/Shardname/charname 

and open the file uo.cfg in notepad
    change the backpack setting there
    save file

If issue persists, repeat editing uo.cfg file for all chars on all shards/accounts - this may have been caused from you copying macro folders from one account to another

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,789
    Are you using Windows 10 or 11?  The document folder could be getting stored in the cloud and changes made locally not getting propagated to the cloud.
  • Of_BeastsOf_Beasts Posts: 99
    I have the same problem and it drives me nuts.
    “(actually this is not a global setting), but sometimes requires a double log out/in”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Change to EC  ;)
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    Yoshi said:
    “(actually this is not a global setting), but sometimes requires a double log out/in”

Of_Beasts said:

Its been doing this for a couple years, logged in and out many many times lol
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,247
    Of_Beasts said:
    Yoshi said:

Of_Beasts said:

is it on all your chars and if so is it on all shards?  If it is only on a few chars your char file may be corrupt and you may need to delete that file.
    Of_Beasts said:
    Yoshi said:

Of_Beasts said:

is it on all your chars and if so is it on all shards?  If it is only on a few chars your char file may be corrupt and you may need to delete that file.

would a reinstall work for that?  Im not really tech savy, how hard is it to delete said files?

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,679
    Of_Beasts said:
    Yoshi said:

Of_Beasts said:

do you empty your Recycle bin
    before trying to log in again?
    @Of_Beasts did you try performing the steps in my first post? “

Yoshi said:
    “ @ Of_Beasts did you try performing the steps in my first post? “

I will check it out again, thanks :)