Miasma/paragon chest question

When is luck applied to a paragon chest when it's generated in miasma corpse or when it's physically opened 
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• My guess would be when generated because when you die with a chest in your bag that is unopened the cursed items fall out of it which means they are already created and rolled the properties. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• TXEggplantTXEggplant Posts: 161
    @Victim_Of_Siege Really? I guess that explains why random stuff keeps popping into my pack. I'm always like "Huh. Did I loot that? Why did I loot that?"
    Maith Ceol, Chesapeake
    Governor of Moonglow

Discord: txeggplant
    maithceol@gmail.com
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,830
    edited March 2022
    @ Victim_Of_Siege Really? I guess that explains why random stuff keeps popping into my pack. I'm always like "Huh. Did I loot that? Why did I loot that?"
    Yes, if there is a cursed item in an unopened Paragon chest, it falls in your corpse from the chest.  That's  why I am going with upon creation. If the luck hadn't been applied and properties rolled, nothing in it would be cursed and remain on your corpse. I could be wrong but until a dev disputes me, I'll roll with it.

• TheoTheo Posts: 172
    edited March 2022
    Yup it’s because of poor coding. 

When the code runs to drop non insured items in your corpse it doesn’t do all containers first. It runs all cursed first.  It’s totally stupid.  So if you have a container like a Chest or a bag with cursed items they get dropped on corpse first then the uninsured items like containers.  So they show up outside their original container. 

I literally hate it when I’m carrying back cursed items in a bag to unravel and they get thrown all over my pack.  It’s bad coding and testing.  Been this way since cursed items came out. 
  • Theo said:

When the code runs to drop non insured items in your corpse it doesn’t do all containers first. It runs all cursed first.  It’s totally stupid.  So if you have a container like a Chest or a bag with cursed items they get dropped on corpse first then the uninsured items like containers.  So they show up outside their original container. 

I literally hate it when I’m carrying back cursed items in a bag to unravel and they get thrown all over my pack.  It’s bad coding and testing.  Been this way since cursed items came out. 
    I actually appreciate it, because i can leave them on my corpse and take just the good items. 

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,044
    Theo said:

It is so players can loot you in Fel without having to open 100 bags.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • TheoTheo Posts: 172
    Pawain said:
    Theo said:

Not true because uninsured non-cursed items drop in the bag they are in.  It’s inconsistent. Bad coding. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,044
    Theo said:
    Pawain said:
    Theo said:

Not true because uninsured non-cursed items drop in the bag they are in.  It’s inconsistent. Bad coding. 
    It is for powerscrolls and other cursed items like the ones you may wear.  Safe and Easy coding.

The things you don't insure are not valuable enough to insure so you would not hide them.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.