Fishing pole questions

Is it possible to craft a pole with nightsite?
@Mesanna any chance of ever allowing fishing poles to be imbued or targets for transmoging?
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited February 2022
    Scrolls work with 0 skill.  Or use nocturn earrings.

I would like nightsight on all my weapons for free.

UO is not always cookie cutter.  Do you choose Nocturn or luck earrings.  That's something that makes it challenging.  Not just copy my build.

Answer to crafting with Nightsight is use the wood that gives the property you want.  I assume the pole is Wood so look at the wood choices.
    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/material-bonuses/
    Unfortunately none are night sight.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Pawain said:

UO is not always cookie cutter.  Do you choose Nocturn or luck earrings.  That's something that makes it challenging.  Not just copy my build.

Answer to crafting with Nightsight is use the wood that gives the property you want.  I assume the pole is Wood so look at the wood choices.

Yet another "helpful" reply....
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:

Yet another "helpful" reply....
    Did I not show you what you can craft on wooden items?
    McDougle said:
    Is it possible to craft a pole with nightsite?

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Be an ELF problem solved.
    Be an ELF problem solved.
    Mine is elf with goblin pole.  And ring.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Then you already have night site so what is the problem
    edited February 2022
    A choice I made. UO does not last 25 plus years as a cookie cutter game.  Other than my mage, I am always looking for upgrades from playing. Not as easy button freebies 

Night sight boots from the other thread would be fitting.
  • @Pawain ; , check inbox   :)
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    Pawain said:

Night sight boots from the other thread would be fitting.

Unicorn Mane Woven Sandals/Talons   Night Sight Random Damage Eater 2%
    Thank you for all the answers I am well versed in the many ways of adding nightsight i just wondered if it was one of the random mods when crafting. @Mesanna how about the question on allowing us to imbue or use them as transmog targets?
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    McDougle said:
    Thank you for all the answers I am well versed in the many ways of adding nightsight i just wondered if it was one of the random mods when crafting. @ Mesanna how about the question on allowing us to imbue or use them as transmog targets?
    A few of us pushed for the ability to imbue many years ago. The answer was no because they're not technically a weapon with any skill attached to use it. I suspect it would be far too much work to hunt the original code to change. 

Maybe, a new version of a fishing pole recipe could be introduced in one of these dungeon events that could be imbued? 
    Urge said:
    McDougle said:
    Thank you for all the answers I am well versed in the many ways of adding nightsight i just wondered if it was one of the random mods when crafting. @ Mesanna how about the question on allowing us to imbue or use them as transmog targets?
    A few of us pushed for the ability to imbue many years ago. The answer was no because they're not technically a weapon with any skill attached to use it. I suspect it would be far too much work to hunt the original code to change. 

Maybe, a new version of a fishing pole recipe could be introduced in one of these dungeon events that could be imbued? 
    Aye that's why I suggested the transmog option!
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Bladed, barbed and pointed fishing pole for sword, mace and fencing...
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    McDougle said:
    Urge said:
    McDougle said:

Understood, but beginning code and runic rolls would still have to be changed to allow for it.

Seems it would be easier to just make a new pole with attached weapon skills (besides the unlisted wrestling) that would provide for both your wishes. 
    Fishing poles can be runic crafted, and I've just spent a while on Test Center playing with the 30k charge yew dovetail saw, and while I did get some 'nice to have' results, none had night sight. (if anyone wants to see what came out they're stacked  up in Royal City bank)
    Mariah said:
    Fishing poles can be runic crafted, and I've just spent a while on Test Center playing with the 30k charge yew dovetail saw, and while I did get some 'nice to have' results, none had night sight. (if anyone wants to see what came out they're stacked  up in Royal City bank)
    Yes i burned through a couple kits before I made original post i don't understand which runic has which random mod and or how types of material effects..
    Urge said:
    McDougle said:
    Urge said:
    McDougle said:

Understood, but beginning code and runic rolls would still have to be changed to allow for it.

Seems it would be easier to just make a new pole with attached weapon skills (besides the unlisted wrestling) that would provide for both your wishes. 
    Well just stretch out the new wand a little bit and we're good to go  ;)
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    edited February 2022
    I'll be honest, I have thought that Night Sight would be a pretty convenient "won't OP an item" property on some random pieces for Gargoyles. For example - if the high end reward in the next dynamic was essentially like the Garg Balron Chest piece but had Night Sight on it as well. 

Generally speaking, to me at least, it's a property that won't make a piece "too good" while also not ruining the piece if it was on there, especially for my Gargoyle who would absolutely wear the nocturnal earrings if they didn't require to take up a functional armor slot. I understand the argument about the sandals but I think given that Gargs have 1 less item slot than all other races, they shouldn't have to make the choice between the NS sandals or like Boots of escaping.

To me Night Sight shouldn't be a property you have an ultimatum for but based on some of the responses I'm seeing maybe it's more OP of a property than I thought it would be lol
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited March 2022
    I want to see an artifact Fishing Pole version of the Swords of Prosperity. The Fishing Pole of Prosperity, SC (no Neg)/-0 Mage Wep/200 Luck. Make it a new high end reward for the Fishmonger quests.
    I want to see an artifact Fishing Pole version of the Swords of Prosperity. The Fishing Pole of Prosperity, SC (no Neg)/-0 Mage Wep/200 Luck. Make it a new high end reward for the Fishmonger quests.
    +100000000
    10000000000 +1
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    Swords of prosperity were FUN!

• PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited March 2022
    Archangel said:
    Swords of prosperity were FUN!

The Swords of Prosperity are still in my Tamer's Luck Suit. Less total Luck than a 190 Wep+190 Shield, but it has the -0 Mage Wep which has saved my Tamer's ass so many times it can't be counted. They've been useful for 17 years.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    I love the swords on my bards!

As for night sight, I think there are likely enough other alternatives (jewelry, earrings, boots, cloaks, scrolls, and potions) that developers time is better spent elsewhere.
  • GraceGrace Posts: 148
    A fishing pole that is also a light source with some mods would sure be neat for a new reward.

• TXEggplantTXEggplant Posts: 160
    fishing poles that attach onto the side of the boat so when you cast you cast like eight times. Big nets to trawl through the ocean with ...
    Maith Ceol, Chesapeake
    Governor of Moonglow

Discord: txeggplant
    maithceol@gmail.com
  • Grace said:
    A fishing pole that is also a light source with some mods would sure be neat for a new reward.

Or a new belt that has a Lantern attached to it that provides light.
    I am wondering what if they make fishinig pole a macing weapon. 
    Some posts have been removed. Keep it civil please.
    Seth said:
    I am wondering what if they make fishinig pole a macing weapon. 
    If making it a weapon allows imbuing or transmogging I'm all for it !!