KYRONIX, is it possible to get on Test Server a "SetLuck" command for Luck testing purposes ?

We all know how the functionality of "Worn" Luck on characters' Suits in UO has been discussed over the Years, some say it does not work, some say it does, some say it is better "some" Luck but not too much Luck, whatever....

Now, in order to permit to players more easiness in Testing the functionality of worn Luck on suits for this or that particular activity or hunt, rather then having to put together pieces with Luck on them for the suit, would it be possible to be given on Test Server, a "SetLuck" command whereas the player could set, from 0 to whatever Max Luck is possible in the game, a figure of Worn Luck, see what works for that given activity and/or hunt, and then go figure how to put it on their Suit on a Production Shard ?

Thanks.

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Just an FYI on "max luck". While it's possible to have well over 4k in luck factoring suit/statue/facet/honor, I think 3982 is technically the number that is "max" as that is what gives 100% chance at loot being impacted by a roll. Now how much it is effected etc is all RNG.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    When triggered, a luck boost can increase the number and/or the quality of the loot items dropped.

However. If you don't know the number and quality of the loot to start with, how are you ever going to know which pieces, if any, have had a boost?  All you can say is, on the whole, you can get better items when wearing luck than without it. But expecting a definitive answer to how much luck is ideal, I'm rather afraid you're going to be disappointed.

I usually just go with the best I can without sacrificing too much defense and attack capability. 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    When triggered, a luck boost can increase the number and/or the quality of the loot items dropped.

However. If you don't know the number and quality of the loot to start with, how are you ever going to know which pieces, if any, have had a boost?  All you can say is, on the whole, you can get better items when wearing luck than without it. But expecting a definitive answer to how much luck is ideal, I'm rather afraid you're going to be disappointed.

I usually just go with the best I can without sacrificing too much defense and attack capability. 
    You are right BUT, at least, players would be able, on Test Server, with the whatever activity they may want to test out for Luck factoring in with the obtained results, with 0 Luck, with Max Luck and any Luck in between, as much as they want....

One would imagine that, if at 0 Luck certain results are obtained and then, at other thresholds of Luck other visible results are obtained, consistently, THEN, at least with some "estimated" guessing, players could be able to tell whether or not a given amount of Luck might be a factor for that given activity with a consistent pattern or not...

Still better as being in the total darkness as players are now with Luck and whether it does factor in or not, don't you think ?
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Have you read the page on the wiki?

Mariah said:
    Yes, thanks, there is quite a lot of informations available around on Luck, still, having the ability to test it on the Test Server with a "SetLuck" command, I think it could be helpfull to players.....
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    popps said:
    Mariah said:
    Yes, thanks, there is quite a lot of informations available around on Luck, still, having the ability to test it on the Test Server with a "SetLuck" command, I think it could be helpfull to players.....
    So you probably already have luck suit and luck items just copy them over..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    The BIG question is did they ever fix luck to the way they say it works when there are a lot of people that swear 1000-1200 luck is the sweet spot  Luck plays a big role in getting saltpeter and I have tried 1000 and 3000 and there is zero difference in getting the larger pockets.  A person wearing a MAX Luck suit should always get boosts on every kill and IMHO it does not work as advertised
    The BIG question is did they ever fix luck to the way they say it works when there are a lot of people that swear 1000-1200 luck is the sweet spot  Luck plays a big role in getting saltpeter and I have tried 1000 and 3000 and there is zero difference in getting the larger pockets.  A person wearing a MAX Luck suit should always get boosts on every kill and IMHO it does not work as advertised
    Precisely.

If one asks 10 different UO players about Luck in UO, they probably would get 10 different answers and opinions....

Having a "SetLuck" command on the Test Server, might hopefully work to help players do more comprehensive testing in the most diverse activities possible in the game at the most diverse Luck loads and, one would hope, players could finally get to understand better how (and if...) Luck worked in UO....
    popps said:
    Precisely.

If one asks 10 different UO players about Luck in UO, they probably would get 10 different answers and opinions....

Having a "SetLuck" command on the Test Server, might hopefully work to help players do more comprehensive testing in the most diverse activities possible in the game at the most diverse Luck loads and, one would hope, players could finally get to understand better how (and if...) Luck worked in UO....
    Again I ask why not just copy your luck suit and items over allows you to test and doesn't distract the team from actual work..
    edited February 2022
    McDougle said:
    popps said:
    Precisely.

Again I ask why not just copy your luck suit and items over allows you to test and doesn't distract the team from actual work..
    Stop thinking about me, and start thinking about ALL UO players, including new or returning players who may NOT have Luck items to copy onto the Test Server but, who might nonetheless want to do some Luck testing for themselves....

Having a "SetLuck" command on the Test server would cover any and ALL UO players in their needs to test how Luck might work in UO....

At least, that is the way I see it.
    Well a new player would not have resources to craft or buy a max luck suit a returning player might already have one everyone is going to get different amounts based of account age from luck statue some players refuse to set foot in fel and wouldn't even if they gained a million luck so what you're after is an impossible to set parameters and just a waste of even 5 minutes of development team time....
    popps said:
    Precisely.

It would prove nothing because LUCK is broken and is NOT working as intended.  Real Luck appears to work better.  How much difference do YOU see in loot from your kills with and without luck and how much LUCK are YOU running.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    It is about experimenting with luck for the encounters you do.  Do you need to spend 2p on a max luck suit when you really only need 1300 luck to get the drops you want.
    popps said:
    Precisely.

I think you are forgetting that the footnote of luck still comes down to chance (ie RNG). So you could ask me about luck (the same amount of luck) on 10 different days and would possibly get 10 different answers. Some days max luck seems to pull some of the best items in the game but the next day using the same luck on the same mob pulls junk. 

I actually agree with you on this popps (but in a larger sense) I don't see a problem with allowing players to essentially set anything on TC1 since after all it is test shard. That said, if it takes the Dev team more than a couple hours to code setting luck I don't think it's worth it due to the fact that luck has a lot to do with RNG.
    I will again state that anything you believe impacts in a positive way also could impact in a negative way and yes every stat you listed can be made to go down...
    luck seems ok to me 

• TjalleTjalle Posts: 77

I like this suggestion.
    If it could be implemented it would be a good way of testing various luck levels which would be a nice thing to do on you know... a test shard.

Not everyone has a luck suit to transfer over and us on Siege can´t transfer over at all.

TC is for testing and this would be a great tool. One thing I´ve always wanted to see on TC is a "blank" talisman where you can choose the skill, Exceptional bonus value and Bonus value.
    Tjalle said:

Not everyone has a luck suit to transfer over and us on Siege can´t transfer over at all.

You could always craft it on the Test Shard if you were so inclined to actually test luck.... you are given all the resources to do so.
    keven2002 said:
    Tjalle said:

You could always craft it on the Test Shard if you were so inclined to actually test luck.... you are given all the resources to do so.
    Yes.
    And a Set luck command would save me those hours.
    Plus with that crafted suit you suggest I would be "locked" to that specific amount of luck.
    Tjalle said:
    keven2002 said:
    Tjalle said:

Yes.
    Plus with that crafted suit you suggest I would be "locked" to that specific amount of luck.
    Just like you would on a real shard.... what's your point?
    edited February 2022
    You can test luck and you want but you will never prove if it works as advertised because you will never get the same results every time.  Luck plays a manger roll when mining saltpeter and getting more Gigantic Niter Deposits put you will NEVER get a 100% every time.  At 3982 Luck you are suppose to get a 100% boost every time and for a fact and any other miner out there will tell you you do not get a 100% boost every time so luck does not work as they advertised it just so they could sell you an item that cost $10 in the UO Store to make max Luck suits.

Bottom line is having a Set Luck on TC will only piss you off when it constantly proves that Luck does not work as advertised.  
    And if you convince yourself it works and decide 2253 is the magic number for you what happens when you return to a production shard and hit a streak of bad luck..
    keven2002 said:
    Tjalle said:
    keven2002 said:
    Tjalle said:

Yes.
    Just like you would on a real shard.... what's your point?
    More like what´s your point?

Your argument is to spend hours upon hours to achieve a single value whereas mine is to spend seconds to achieve any value I want.
    I don´t know about you but I don´t go to Test center to waste time, I go there to test. So I don´t see the point in arguing against something that would make testing more time efficient.

And here´s the real kicker. None of you nay-sayers have to even use the command. Shocker, I know but I´m telling you, it´s true! You can just skip that part and go straight to the crafting.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Please stay on topic. Thank you.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    I’ve used a luck suit to fish up MiBs and used no luck at all. I’ve done 1000s each way I’m absolutely positive luck bumps the values of armor shields weapons etc. as far as nets maps and the low end rare items drop not sure. 

I’d like to know does luck help with opening gift tokens using clickys like the garden wheelbarrow or when cross polluting plants etc (even bods)
    Along with this I'd suggest a tool for setting pet stats and skill levels 
  • Can we get "set resists" command while we're at it? I'm tired of making suits on test.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Can we get "set resists" command while we're at it? I'm tired of making suits on test.

Ain't nobody got time for dat
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited February 2022
    Luck is item property so it should come from a luck suit in the bank. Just in case some players tested luck but forgot that they take up existing item slot and affect other abilities.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Skett said:

I’d like to know does luck help with opening gift tokens

Yes. I never got a gift my with toon's name on it til I started using a max luck suit and the Statue.
This discussion has been closed.