bugs bugs and more bugs

WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 174
with new legacy around the corner i really want to be excited, but the fact of it is we have had bugs in game for years and either you guys lack the knowledge to fix them or you just refuse to, now im not saying that is true, but thats how it feels alot fo the times, but its hard to get excited for something new when what we have currently has been broken for so long. and here is my bug list that has been around for years.
1. pet life bars stop updating, dunno how many times my pet has died because of this.
2. dead mobs ghosting on my screen, countless times i have gone to attack something i thought was alive but was actually already dead.
3. constantly having to close and reopen my bag because the contents will just dissappear and show a blank bag, not game breaking but really annoying.
4.life bars will pop up to the upper corner of my screen and get stuck there, only way to fix it is to close UO and restart it.
5.UO will just close completely when you go into the abyss and start running around.
6, when trying to stock venders using classic bags alot of times the vender bag will get stuck on your cursor.
7. if you have a rune to your ship in your rune book you cant recall to a default setting it just fizzles.
theres more but those are my top 7.

Comments

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Yep… each of those still exist in game with EC. If those persist in NL, that will be unfortunate to say the least. 
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    What do you mean "around the corner"?

The devs stated in the TC1 meet and greet earlier this month that there are certain things on their list to look into, but wont be doing so until after they're done with NL, so "not to expect them to be looked into this year". Meaning by their own choice of words, we will not be seeing NL until at least 2023, which is 10 months away.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    They said NL goes live this year.  So I’d expect to see it this year. 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited February 2022
    We need to celebrate UO Bug Festival....

Two cars have bugs and both are not working as intended

1) First car cannot move at all and just sits there. Its not going anywhere. (Zzzz)
    2) Second car can fly. (wow that is fun!)

They will fix the second car urgently so that the policeman will pat them on the back.
    The first car will be left to rot, and maybe not fixed until 5 years later - either after the Dev give up fixing new NLS bugs or swarmed by them (again).

But... there are fun games out there with flying cars - it might even be the next big hit. Games.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited February 2022
    Are they really so optimistic that:

a) They cannot even manage to close the bugs for One system
    b) Can they can manage bugs for TWO different systems - Production and Legacy?

And its not as if their Effort for Two Systems is Two Times the Population. Its the division of the current population. I cannot see any Win-Win. 

Its Lose-Lose.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 174
    well been over a year now these bugs still exist and are still really annoying, nothing from the devs,if they are working on these bugs, if they even know this bugs exists, if they even read these forums, or if they even care. really hope they don't wonder why they get such negative feedback from the community. just a little communication can go a long ways. 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited July 2023
    “As far as I’m aware, individual bug reports have been raised for all of these issues with repro, not sure about number 4 though
    your bug report was just a list and no good information, doesn’t even state what client (I see it’s EC)

Also not sure number 5 is still an issue.

there is a fix for number 1 available but you need to install yourself
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/12498/ec-health-bars-stop-updating-part-1#latest

There’s actually about half a dozen player made fixes for EC but dev refuse to paste into default ui, I don’t know why”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    edited July 2023
    Most of the bugs mentioned have been around the four years I have played UO, and by now are just another part of the game for me.  Believe from what I had read when I started, most of the bugs referred to are as old as UO or whatever element of the game they now coordinate with.  My personal favorite is that spot near the large snake creatures hangout in the lost lands that logs me out whenever I run there trying to get away from the snake that’s chasing me.  Most times when I log back on, I an looking for a healer.  That’s when I remember not to run there.

Bottom line is that most of the bugs referred to are just a part of UO now.  The game’s language, programing, structure or some other factor simply precludes them from being fixed.  Could argue UO was never really adequately proofed back in the 90’s.  Most solo games from that time period were much more reliable than UO, but maybe the online play element just added unexpected complexity to play environment. At any rate most the bugs are just a part of UO now.

I use EC and have not experienced the vendor bag getting stuck, and don’t tame or use a ship or run around the abyss enough to have seen those bugs, but all of the others mentioned by the original poster are quite familiar to me.  Would really like to se an official explanation as to what the problem is.  Maybe have seen something.posted sometime as this is a common thread everywhere UO is discussed.
  • looploop Posts: 301
    Fun to peruse : https://community.stratics.com/threads/list-of-current-enhanced-client-bugs.154028/

Not even just the bugs with the EC but the fundamental design decisions, too. Like earthquake shaking the whole screen (I will die on this hill) noticed by our friend JC the Builder back in 2009 (must’ve been KR then?): https://community.stratics.com/threads/earthquake-screen-shaking-makes-game-unplayable.162743/

Part of me is glad they don’t waste time on the EC. It’s ancient software at this point and is inferior to third party clients both in style and in functionality. You can tell it also doesn’t occupy any place in their future plans: no New Legacy teasers feature EC screenshots, and all the new UI have been generic gumps. Server-side work is the most efficient “bang for your buck” when you’re supporting two clients. 

It will be interesting to see how the team navigates future client updates if New Legacy is successful.
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    Whitewolf said:
    with new legacy around the corner
    I have just re-subbed to UO after a long break. Is this out yet? I can't see much about it on the website.

On another note, its pretty depressing to log onto this forum after a year+ away, click on "Recent Discussions" and see the top post is about bugs...!!
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    You won't see much else. Our dev team is MIA. Nothing new. Not much fixed in the year you were gone. Still ZERO communication. Its sad.
  • welp another year has gone by and yet these bugs still exists, wonder if these bugs exist in new legacy as well.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,903
    Whitewolf said:
    welp another year has gone by and yet these bugs still exists, wonder if these bugs exist in new legacy as well.
    They have the long list they put out last newsletter but i don't believe any of them been fixed