Spellweaving + 20 Bonus Spellbook Award For Next Event?

AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 630
edited February 2022 in General Discussions
Since there's no way to get Spellweaving to 120, other than through good, honest hard working effort, wouldn't it be nice to show some love to this skill as there's no jewelry, spellbook or anything that I'm aware of that can boost your skill. Pros? Cons?
I think something like this was brought up recently but I couldn't find the thread.

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    To the best of my knowledge the reason there are no skill items for spellweaving is because of the way it was set up to need a quest to be able to learn it. There are scrolls of alacrity and transcendence which may help a little?
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited February 2022
    Since there's no way to get Spellweaving to 120, other than through good, honest hard working effort, wouldn't it be nice to show some love to this skill as there's no jewelry, spellbook or anything that I'm aware of that can boost your skill. Pros? Cons?
    I think something like this was brought up recently but I couldn't find the thread.
    Well, honestly, considering that the 2 Spellweaving Masteries, Mana Shield and Summon Reaper are quite largely used, and that Masteries rely on REAL skill points, not on +skill items, honestly, I would not see why one would want to use a +20 Spellweaving Spellbook considering how those 20 points would not help with the Mana Shield nor the Summoned Reapers...
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    popps said:
    Well, honestly, considering that the 2 Spellweaving Masteries, Mana Shield and Summon Reaper are quite largely used, and that Masteries rely on REAL skill points, not on +skill items, honestly, I would not see why one would want to use a +20 Spellweaving Spellbook considering how those 20 points would not help with the Mana Shield nor the Summoned Reapers...
    Ironically it was in fact @popps who initially asked for this or jewelry...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    My guess for no + skill items is that is the only magic that does not require a second skill to be stronger.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    McDougle said:
    popps said:
    Ironically it was in fact @ popps who initially asked for this or jewelry...
    Well, to tell it all, for those players who would not want to use the Masteries because they were to be using other Masteries, perhaps, some Spellweaving skill points on items might come as usefull in order to benefit from 120 spellweaving for spells, even not so much for the Masteries...

What I am trying to say is, that to someone who uses Spellweaving as a "side" skill, perhaps spellweaving skill points on items might come as usefull, but to Spellweavers who want to make the best use possible of Mana Shield and Summon Reaper, I imagine that they would prefer to have all 120 Spellweaving points as real ones....
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 630
    edited February 2022
    Yeah, example.... my (chicken) stealth tamer has only 90 points available for spellweaving and poots 75% of the time on WOD. For my spellweaver this is an important spell. Not sure about other spellweavers out there. My perfect world for that character would be to not miss-fire quite so much. I know I can shift points around and do that but I'm just surprised that, like other skills, there's no  items to boost the skill so we can cast higher spells.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Unless it also has very high (50) SDI, I’m just not sure it would be the book of choice for WoD.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Have to agree with Mariah on this one that the lack jewelry spell books or anything else that would raise spelling is intentional.  I would like to wear something that would raise it by 10 or 20 points too.  Have not tried to take my spell weaver to 120 but assume I could just set up a macro to keep my spellweaver casting a spell while standing on my roof until he got to 120.  
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited February 2022
    I like the idea if they allow the spell book to only work for a character that already has 100 sw skill, not less. I don’t think it’s OP, but helps others who create 2nd spellweaver for level 6 arcane. 

I already have 4 SW at 120, but I think more for those who are looking at making another one.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    On a side note, several of my Tamers have SW also. It is a great combo to have!
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    KHAN said:
    On a side note, several of my Tamers have SW also. It is a great combo to have!
    Agreed 100%
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs