Vendor Search Timing Out

Comments

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    EJ accounts can’t use keyword search if I remember correctly.  
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited February 2022

I can well understand how there might be players BOT scripting UO Vendor Searches in order to find the "good deals" for items priced low and buy them to resell them high.... and that, in doing so, of course they "clog" Vendor Search with all of these multiple, repeated queries....

What I cannot understand, is how come it is not possible to find a way to block players from being able to use these BOT Scripts within Ultima Online and for Vendor Search Queries thus creating then ptoblems to all of the other UO players trying to use Vendor Search the "proper" way....

@Kyronix , @Mesanna , as a suggestion, why don't you give a look at Easy Anti-Cheat , perhaps ?

From what I seem to understand, the list of Games using this Anti-Cheat software seem to be quite large.... perhaps, just perhaps , Ultima Online could at least look into it and see whether it could or not be of help to stop so much cheating, scripting and what not, which I seem to understand might go on in Ultima Online to the detriment of the gameplay of all of those UO players who do not  cheat nor script ?

Just a thought.....

https://dev.epicgames.com/en-US/news/epic-online-services-launches-two-new-free-services

On top of that, Epic Online Services is offering the industry-leading anti-cheat solution to all developers for free. Easy Anti-Cheat is a powerful feature necessary for the smooth running of any online game with players on PC. These services empower developers to launch, operate, and scale great games like never before. 
  • DragoDrago Posts: 290
    @ Drago it is not the game it is who they are allowing to use VS, kick EJ Accounts out of VS and lets see if that doesn't help clean it up, sure helped with Gen Chat

This would hurt the game even further... both new subs and the economy.  Not every EJ account is an alt or bot and we can't ask devs to make that distinction.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Pawain said:
    Kind of funny that the same people defend EJ Accounts when a vast majority is used to cheat with and I am so glad that some people think they know how everything works.  Wait I thought LS didn't have a problem.
    I have never seen an EJ account botting anything.  Do see players using them for the very limited play tho.  Like I said YOU are saying there are bots making LS VS slow.  not me.  Keep me out of your fantasies. please.
    LMAO  All those multiboxers are reg accounts and if EJ Accounts were not a problem why did UO put a one min timer on them from all the complaints.  We know the real reason, don't mess with my EJs, NP.
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    Pawain said:
    Kind of funny that the same people defend EJ Accounts when a vast majority is used to cheat with and I am so glad that some people think they know how everything works.  Wait I thought LS didn't have a problem.
    I have never seen an EJ account botting anything.  Do see players using them for the very limited play tho.  Like I said YOU are saying there are bots making LS VS slow.  not me.  Keep me out of your fantasies. please.
    LMAO  All those multiboxers are reg accounts and if EJ Accounts were not a problem why did UO put a one min timer on them from all the complaints.  We know the real reason, don't mess with my EJs, NP.
    Don't mind @Pawain he got his A** handed to him on Stratics and is now running scared over there. I have also noticed he has been pretty quick to defend the cheaters/scripters/goldsellers the past couple of years. So anything he says is pretty much slanted that direction. He is a darn good tamer though. 
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    All personal attacks aside the reasons VS is broken should be irrelevant based on the number of posts the developers should be able to see it's a issue the players want fixed and prioritize it accordingly...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • @BLEAK UPDATE:

PLEASE , PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE

PLEASE
    PLEASE

PLEASE

PUT THE DAMN "NEW LEGACY" ASIDE AND PLEASE
    PLEASE FIX THIS
    WE ARE TIRED OF THE SAME u^$^%#@$@# ; MSG ALL THE TIME!!!

WE ARE TIRED OF ASKING 1000000000000000x THE SAME THING

edited March 2022
    JESUS CHRIST!!! VS is F***** up AGAIN!! @Bleak @Kyronix @Mesanna Would y'all PLEASE take some time off of "working" on the New Legacy crap (that no one wants anyway) to fix FIX VS, and the other things that are more important. I will say it again, if you allow the "endless scripter" (which is a stupid idea to begin with) accounts the ability to use VS, then this is what you get!
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
    Block EJ Accounts from using VS.  I doubt that there is an EJ Account that isn't owned by a paying Account.
    Block EJ Accounts from using VS.  I doubt that there is an EJ Account that isn't owned by a paying Account.
    Agreed!
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    Sorry not sorry to disabuse your perpetual complaining, but as a matter of fact there are.

My little brother has an EJ account that I begged him to open with his 20yr old characters because he gave up on the game when castle fell down while on vacation, because after loosing his wallet he forgot to update the new card#. Alas, his toons live on because of EJ (even if it's  good for nothing except being logged-in by me to stand perpetually in the WBB arcane circle). So you see, your doubts are not something by which to place a bet.
    edited March 2022
    Archangel said:
    Sorry not sorry to disabuse your perpetual complaining, but as a matter of fact there are.

My little brother has an EJ account that I begged him to open with his 20yr old characters because he gave up on the game when castle fell down while on vacation, because after loosing his wallet he forgot to update the new card#. Alas, his toons live on because of EJ (even if it's  good for nothing except being logged-in by me to stand perpetually in the WBB arcane circle). So you see, your doubts are not something by which to place a bet.
    LMAO You just proven my point.  You as a paying customer is using an EJ Account.  I thought it was against the ToS to let others use you accounts.  Do you live in thew same house?
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    from what I understand, people have been trying to get on the website all day.
    You can get on the forums, if you have a direct link to it.
    but everything else is down.

makes me wonder if maybe they are updating the info for Spring Fever
    (which was mentioned in Februarys newsletter):

March - Spring Fever - they sure are cute but watch out for the bite!
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    from what I understand, people have been trying to get on the website all day.
    You can get on the forums, if you have a direct link to it.
    but everything else is down.

makes me wonder if maybe they are updating the info for Spring Fever
    (which was mentioned in Februarys newsletter):

March - Spring Fever - they sure are cute but watch out for the bite!
    Yes I am on Vacation next week so it will probably begin.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • GoodwillGoodwill Posts: 17
    @Bleak, really!!
    How many times people need to tag you and ask you to pls do something about?
    Please Stop avoiding us customers!
    Archangel said:

LMAO You just proven my point.  You as a paying customer is using an EJ Account.  I thought it was against the ToS to let others use you accounts.  Do you live in thew same house?
    Again, guessing wrong. I have 4 paid accounts under my EA master account and those are the ones I use, feel free to visit my castles.
     My brother has his own EA master account that does not pay into Ultima , but at my request for sentimental reasons he opened the EJ account  (maybe one day I will convince him to re-subscribe, but with all his businesses and family one can only hope).
    And no, we do not live in the same house,,, not even the same continent, but when we each started our accounts we both did live in the same house. and I am privy to his password. And I dont need him to get a max circle, because I have enough toons on my paid accounts to get that by myself, thank you very much. I do however log his toon now and then fo feel like my little bro is strill playing with me. So you can go and guess at a lottery center, you might be more successful. 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited March 2022
    “I haven’t had a problem with VS for a long time
    there was like one day only where I couldn’t search anything.

Bleak has asked for people to state here what you’re searching for and state the filters you used. But instead you ignore his reply.

@Goodwill

what is the issue? What are you searching for? 

It’s working fine for me every day this year except one”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    I have learnt that avoiding words that may be common to many other things helps. Eg. today I was searching for a "strange tissue paradox" I searched for "strange tissue" got the red message from hell. Then I wrote the whole thing: "strange tissue paradox"... got the red message of timeout.
    Finally I thought that "strange" appears on way many items, so I searched for simply "tissue paradox" and voila, the results appeared. (also it was during a non peak hour..  I haven't found a way to beat high traffic times.. then it'll be red message to no end.
  • Searching by using the built in filters only is the ideal way. But that is not always possible, they need to add a few skills to the skills list (spellweaving, for example) If they would add that and possibly the levels that Power and other scrolls come in, it would work great.  it's when you add any word to the "item Name" search criteria that it gets Laggy and times out.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    We need not display only..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    @Bleak @Kyronix VS is STILL broken!!! How many people have to bring it up before y'all fix it?
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I suggest you include the information that was asked for:
    What criteria did you enter to find the item you were looking for?
    What shard are you searching on?

As @Archangel has pointed out, careful thought about the search criteria can help considerably.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    I'll be honest, I've seen people complain in Gen Chat about VS not working but VS was not an issue for me this weekend at all (on ATL). I was able to return results using just the toggle boxes but also search with just words (I used things like "veteran rewards"). My searches were all in the afternoon or evening as well so it's not like they were at 5am.

The results from searching for vet rewards did take a minute or so to return but I literally went through 6-10 searches (hitting the search higher prices items toggle) successfully without it timing out.
    Wife: The car is broken
    Husband: What is wrong with it dear
    Wife: It doesn't work
    Husband (slaps his head): Yes dear

Sorry to all the females out there with a brain.
    Mariah said:
    I suggest you include the information that was asked for:
    What criteria did you enter to find the item you were looking for?
    What shard are you searching on?

As @ Archangel has pointed out, careful thought about the search criteria can help considerably.
    Well, if I could take screenshot and post it here, I would do so. I CAN do this EVERYWHERE BUT ON THIS FORUM. Much like everything that is rolled out by Broadsword these days, it doesn't work properly and doesn't get fixed. Or is changed to accomodate the gold sellers/scripters. 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Perhaps I can help with that, I post screen shots quite often.
    Step one. Open up the windows utility 'snipping tool'
    Step two. using the tool draw a box aroun the game area you want to copy
    Step three. Name the produced image.
    Step four click on the icon 'attach image file' above
    Step five, drag and drop the image file into the box opened.

Alternatively
    Step one press print scrn on your keyboard
    step 2 open MS paint, press ctrl + v to paste the image into the program
    step 3 drag the bottom right corner to remove excess white space
    step 4 name the image
    Step 5 follow steps 4 and 5 above.

• Mariah said:

Alternatively
    step 4 name the image

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

edited March 2022
    Mariah said:

Alternatively
    step 4 name the image

I know how. Apparently you didn't read the part where I wrote that I can post screenshots everywhere except HERE.  
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "I'll PM him, see if i can see what's wrong"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited March 2022
    Yoshi said:
    "I'll PM him, see if i can see what's wrong"
    I don't want or need your help. I have seen your "help" in other threads. You are nothing but a troll.