Devs + accountability

• Vendor Search works 40% of the time.
  • ATL UO store is often down.
  • ATL often has lag issues.
  • Bugs/cheats plague the game.

This isn't a game in beta, why is nothing ever fixed and working properly? As players who are paying to play a finished product, I think we deserve some explanations. What assurances can you offer that these issues will be fixed to convince us to continue paying for a broken product?

Comments

• gaygay Posts: 358
    Focus is on New Legacy currently, you're paying now to play NL once it releases.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    The eyes of the world are on us. I've seen at least two articles. is the current pub and the dissatisfaction with it what we want to show the gaming world...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • LarneLarne Posts: 1
    The UO store has been down on ATL for two days now. Pretty terrible.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,249

Sorry that didn't fix it.
  • *voice of the Oracle of Delphi*

Antlantic will be submerged in the floods.... oh no, that was Atlantis :* o:)

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

This isn't a game in beta, why is nothing ever fixed and working properly? As players who are paying to play a finished product, I think we deserve some explanations. What assurances can you offer that these issues will be fixed to convince us to continue paying for a broken product?
    Ironic from you to make this post.
  • Larne said:
    The UO store has been down on ATL for two days now. Pretty terrible.
    The store is finally back up today!

Ironic from you to make this post.
    I've always been an advocate for dealing with bugs/cheats. I've also live streamed my gameplay many times in the past. If you would like to accuse me of something please send me a DM and I would be glad to discuss things with you.
  • gay said:
    Focus is on New Legacy currently, you're paying now to play NL once it releases.
    They can't keep their current servers and systems operating efficiently, I'm scared to see how New Legacy will turn out.  :#
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    gay said:
    They can't keep their current servers and systems operating efficiently, I'm scared to see how New Legacy will turn out.  :#
    This is what I am afraid.

They already have so many issues for the main game, now they are going to double that soon with the same resources. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,299
    Last couple of months UO seems more unstable.  Don’t think it is my internet connection.  Get lots of lost connection errors.  When I log back on right after this happens I always get the not compatible with this world message the first try and always get back on, on the second try.  Frequency of the errors is less than before but still get them.  Many other games I have played occasionally crashed but really think situation here is getting close to unacceptable.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,046
    Arnold7 said:
    Last couple of months UO seems more unstable.  Don’t think it is my internet connection.  Get lots of lost connection errors.  When I log back on right after this happens I always get the not compatible with this world message the first try and always get back on, on the second try.  Frequency of the errors is less than before but still get them.  Many other games I have played occasionally crashed but really think situation here is getting close to unacceptable.
    I'm on every day and play with others.  We do not experience what you are experiencing..  I think you need to contact your provider.  I can log on at 10am and be on until 2 am with no connection issues.  With multiple log off and on with multiple accounts.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,299
    Thanks.  Was wondering about that.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,046
    Arnold7 said:
    Thanks.  Was wondering about that.
    Unrelated computer story:

A couple of days ago my computer just shut off. But it was right as I saved something and was going to leave anyway.

Just now I exited UO to go watch TV and it shut off again. So I turned it on again and it would not boot it shut Off again.  So, maybe overheating? Crawled under my desk.  I took off the side panels and found a filter in front of a fan.  It was very clogged with dirt or whatever. Blew it out, blew out the case.  All fans were spinning.  Working now I hope.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • usernameusername Posts: 696
    gay said:
    This statement hits me right in the feels. I mean, I've always known that in the back of my head but seeing it said cuts deep.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.