New Vat Reward

FenFen Posts: 30
It seems that the Vat will not accept my old dyed kegs? the message says " That is not a valid target"  It does accept old ones that are not dyed.   Can we get this fixed please?  Most of the kegs I want to store are dyed and I don't think I can undye them.

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Right click on the furniture dye tub, this gives you the option 'set default color'  then use it on your colored kegs.
  • FenFen Posts: 30
    Thank you Mariah. I didn't know about the default (duh!), however after I reset the keg, the vat still says it is an invalid target.
  • @Kyronix I changed mine back to default and can't add kegs.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    There's a possibility of kegs existing in the world that won't go into the potion vat due to the fact they are missing some of the data that normal kegs have.  You can either discard the keg or empty the potions out of the malfunctioning keg and add them to a fresh keg to deposit.  Not ideal, I understand, but kegs that won't go into the vat are likely very old and can't go into the vat.
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    edited February 2022
    I'm baffled as to why kegs are a validated format of potion storage anymore, after the stacking of potions was implemented. It's an archaic, over-complicated, and wasteful method of storage.

I understand that some ex-sosarian news reporter couldn't figure out what to do with the eleven potion kegs she had accrued after a decade of IDOCing and felt like they were taking up too much storage in her house but why wasn't the approach to this reward simply a potion storage table that doesn't require the use of something less than 1% of the population still use?

What if say it were just a table, that holds all of the existing types of potions? This could also help to resolve the issues of same-type potion stacks not stacking with each other. (Looking at my varied banks with four dif stacks of Greater Agi/Str/Refresh etc)

Then people using potion kegs could follow this very simple and practical three step process to making the best use of their existing kegs:
    Step 1. Double click the keg to remove the potions.
    Step 2. Drop the conveniently stacked potions on to the vat/table to store.
    Step 3. (The most important step in the process) Throw the keg into the nearest trash can where it belongs.
  • Just make it a container.  It's only useful for Deco so who cares what goes in it.
  • The lower weight of potions in kegs might make the difference for some people to still use kegs and sellers save some space. But yes, shouldn't be too many of them around I guess.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    If you are talking about selling potions I could see where kegs would be the way to go and let the buyer worry about the cost for bottles.