Newsletter is out!

If you haven't yet signed up for it - why not?

I have, so here's a link for this time https://mailchi.mp/broadsword/uo-newsletter-26?e=7b73a4e28e

Sign up for the next one! You can use any email address, doesn't have to be the one you use for EA.

Comments

• MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    I'm disappointed we won't be getting seeds for sugar cane plants.
  • Dot_WarnerDot_Warner Posts: 233
    4.  Is there any way to have Flax and Vanilla produce seeds?

Yes this is possible and a good suggestion, we will add this to our list.
    o.O

Why would you want seeds from a non-resource-producing plant (flax) and how could you (the devs) not know that vanilla plants already produce seeds?

If flax producing seeds is to get colored varieties, the wheelbarrow kinds of obviates that reason...

Forget flax, GIVE US SEED-PRODUCING SUGARCANES! We've only been asking for the last decade...

@Kyronix
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Sorry, Dot, for once it seems there's something you are unaware of.
    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/crafting/plant-growing/fragrant-and-peculiar-seeds/
    Flax – produce bales of cotton, can be spun to create spools of thread
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    4.  Is there any way to have Flax and Vanilla produce seeds?

Yes this is possible and a good suggestion, we will add this to our list.
    o.O

Why would you want seeds from a non-resource-producing plant (flax) and how could you (the devs) not know that vanilla plants already produce seeds?

If flax producing seeds is to get colored varieties, the wheelbarrow kinds of obviates that reason...

Forget flax, GIVE US SEED-PRODUCING SUGARCANES! We've only been asking for the last decade...

@ Kyronix
    This was from our most recent Meet & Greet on Formosa.  I'll assume the player maybe was referring to sugar canes, and there may have been a language issue?  In any case, I'll assume they were referring to sugar canes, in which the answer still holds true.  
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    edited May 2018
    Margrette said:
    My question on the 7th asked for sugar cane seeds

Greetings M'Lady Mesanna and the worker bees, they be well behave?
    I will try to be brief and quick 

Pretty please with hugs and kisses, Sugar Cane and flax needs to produce seeds 
    hard to get seeds from the Paragons

Now on Bod turn in, hard to get a crafter to lady or lord, in the past we got fame 
    when turning bods in, Lady and Lord titles for our crafters. 
    Would you please have the worker bees check why no fame?

I love the Runic Atlas. Please allow us to drop a full NORMAL runebook 
    into a runic atlas to transfer runes. Returning an EMPTY normal runebook.

Turn in points request. Please allow all the characters on that account/shard be 
    linked to the clean up turn in points, not just the one. 
    My thief, my t hunter, all my other chars all have to pass items to my blacksmith, 
    maybe do the same same for other turn in, Library, Zoo etc..

That is all M'lady
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    edited May 2018
    Kyronix said: I'll assume the player maybe was referring to sugar canes, and there may have been a language issue?  In any case, I'll assume they were referring to sugar canes, in which the answer still holds true.  
    Does this mean sugar canes will make seeds starting with the next publish? I'm confused.
  • Lord_NabinLord_Nabin Posts: 203
    It sure would be nice to have all these newsletters and other announcements feed to the forum automatically......
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • Dot_WarnerDot_Warner Posts: 233
    Sorry, Dot, for once it seems there's something you are unaware of.
    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/crafting/plant-growing/fragrant-and-peculiar-seeds/
    Flax – produce bales of cotton, can be spun to create spools of thread
    I admit that I didn't know flax produced...cotton :D . Which, to me at least, definitely means it should produce seeds. Thusly, I rescind that particular bit of condemnation.

(Maybe pub 100 should fix flax to produce the correct resource?)
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    It sure would be nice to have all these newsletters and other announcements feed to the forum automatically......
    I LIKE THIS!!!!!

I'm sure that most people just have the forums bookmarked and bypass the main page entirely....thank you Petra for posting the link here, now get to work on having the main page feed directly to General Discussions, that would be awesome! Appreciate all the hard work lady, always!

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Drakelord said:
    Margrette said:
    My question on the 7th asked for sugar cane seeds

Greetings M'Lady Mesanna and the worker bees, they be well behave?
    I will try to be brief and quick 

Pretty please with hugs and kisses, Sugar Cane and flax needs to produce seeds 
    hard to get seeds from the Paragons

Now on Bod turn in, hard to get a crafter to lady or lord, in the past we got fame 
    when turning bods in, Lady and Lord titles for our crafters. 
    Would you please have the worker bees check why no fame?

I love the Runic Atlas. Please allow us to drop a full NORMAL runebook 
    into a runic atlas to transfer runes. Returning an EMPTY normal runebook.

Turn in points request. Please allow all the characters on that account/shard be 
    linked to the clean up turn in points, not just the one. 
    My thief, my t hunter, all my other chars all have to pass items to my blacksmith, 
    maybe do the same same for other turn in, Library, Zoo etc..

That is all M'lady
    Maybe you should learn a different Language since there was an issue.   :D :D :D :D
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    Under the bans, "4 Solicitations". I wonder if those 4 are RMT player bans. *crosses fingers* @Bleak @Kyronix Can you elaborate/verify please. 
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • Captain_LuckyCaptain_Lucky Posts: 556
    I got all the newsletters till this one. Never got this one.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
    Gotta love them spending time making a castle customizing tool we aren't allowed to use. "Let's go with 3 random designs no one wants!". What a waste of time. Just make a custom tool with the height restrictions we have now. I can build the borg cube currently with no problem. Totally absurd path they're following here. Simply not following a logical train of thought since we already have the ability of stone crafting. Then again we all know this custom castle thing probably won't happen for years anyway. Mesanna really has little feel for the heart of what UO is. Castles should rule above all. Everyone but one person knows that. Owning a castle shouldn't be a liability. The front on my houses and porches aren't view blocked by castles. They're blocked by regular 18 X 18s. If your gonna limit one class, limit all. That's called fairness.
  • crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
    @Captain_Lucky I don't understand... shes going to limit castles now? Can you explain please?
    @ Captain_Lucky I don't understand... shes going to limit castles now? Can you explain please?

The last plan I heard was you can design a custom castle on test center, if they ever get the tool done to do that. You then enter your design in a "contest". Mesanna will pick 3 castle designs she likes and if we want we can choose one of those castle designs over what we have now. It won't be "customizable" other than adding stone walls and such like we can do now. So we will have 3 new prefab castles to pick from including the standard one. If you've ever seen players design castles you'll quickly see where this all goes wrong lol. I've never seen anyone design a house I liked better than the ones I've designed for myself.