Dear Devs, can we please have some Rewards for Crafters for the coming Treasures' Of Event ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,903
edited February 2022 in General Discussions
@Kyronix

So, far, pretty much, the Rewards claimable when turning in Treasures Of Artifacts, where either Deco items or items usable by Combat characters.

In the 3 Treasures of Events which we have had so far, correct me if I am wrong, I have yet to see any Reward item that could be of interest to crafters....

Some nice Crafters' Rewards, for example, could be Talismans enhancing crafting success rate for over 30%, or items, like for example the Hygieia’s Amulet for Alchemy (a necklace slot) but for other crafting skill, or, for example, we only have an Apron for Cooking to provide a skill Bonus that stacks with the Talisman...

How about making available Aprons that will stack with the Talisman giving skill Bonus for the other Crafting skills ?

Or Mining gloves which would give a bonus higher then the +5 mining skill which we currently have as max ?

Whatever, still, though, some Rewards which crafters COULD make good use.....

Another cool Reward, could be a Talisman for Rogues to enhance their chances at stealing a "rare" item from Monsters.... something like the Smuggler's Edge but, while the Smuggler's Edge requires a fighting skill in order to steal from Monsters, with such a Talisman, instead, the Rogue could use, empty handed, the stealing skill rather then a fighting skill, and still have increased chances to steal a "rare" item from a Monster....

Thanks.

Comments

• usernameusername Posts: 687
    ... or maybe something to allow 100.0 cap trade skills to repair at 120.0 skill levels? Only been waiting 20 years to not fail 30 times on jewelry(tink) and carpentry items. 
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    This is assuming there is a coming Treasures of event... might be focusing on NL until it's release (likely in Sept)
  • GraceGrace Posts: 148
    edited February 2022
    I prefer the idea of a +skill crafting item staying as bod rewards just like the cooking Apron does for 100 cap. Hopefully they add tinkering, carpentry, bowcraft/fletching Aprons in the future.

Gatherers have rewards from the Huntmaster's Challenge and are added often.

Let crafters/gatherers earn their rewards.  For the rogues the dungeon chest loot needs to be upgraded for rogues, put bonus items in the chests.

• MargeMarge Posts: 720
    I agree with Grace. I second adding aprons for the other crafts as well.

Fighters earn their rewards by fighting. Crafters should earn their rewards from crafting. Give love to the bulk order reward system.
  • Add crafting recipes for ancient reward token items -  like the jewelry box, scroll book, recipe book,alacrity book, etc.  You know, the items that have the added benefit of reducing the active item counts on the server.

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited February 2022
    Marge said:
    I agree with Grace. I second adding aprons for the other crafts as well.

Fighters earn their rewards by fighting. Crafters should earn their rewards from crafting. Give love to the bulk order reward system.
    Fighters earn their rewards by fighting. Crafters should earn their rewards from crafting. 
    Also in reply to @Grace

if so, then why is it that most resources indispensable for crafting have to be obtained through fighting ?

Without resources, a Crafter is powerless.... and without fighting, most resources are out of reach...

Not to mention, quite a number of crafting Recipes, likewise indispensable to craft what the recipe is for, which are totally not only behind a fighting wall, but, often, of also very high end tough Bosses which a crafter could not even imagine to get close to....
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    In following with the original posters request a return of the following recipes would be nice:
    • Mage’s Hood of Scholarly Insight 
    • Cowl of the Mace & Shield 
    • Elegant Collar of Fortune 
    • Crimson Dagger/Sword/Mace Belt 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Add crafting recipes for ancient reward token items -  like the jewelry box, scroll book, recipe book,alacrity book, etc.  You know, the items that have the added benefit of reducing the active item counts on the server.

someone asked at a meet & greet to add the alacrity & power scroll books to BOD rewards.
    And that is when they put them on the 20th anniversary token.
    I always thought they should have been added to Inscription rewards.
    And the jewelry box could be good for Tinkering

==========

people have asked for the items to return
    that were in the Treasures of the Seas
    but I think those would be better suited to add to the black market pirate at bucs mint.

• RinerRiner Posts: 355
    Cinderella, I agree with you on both statements. I would love to see alacrity & power scroll books, as well as the jewelry box, added to BOD rewards. And those recipes I asked about would make great black-market rewards, I would, however, be happy with any other method of getting them. 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Maybe the crafted jewelry boxes could have search function  ;)
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited February 2022
    I need an item that can easily move things out of ships' hold to our house. I just lost several of the weight-saving sachets or bags, lots of armour refinement and trade goods. Suddenly work caught up and I forgot about refreshing the ship.

Moreover, we always have to waste time to clear out the ship's hold before we can move a ship between Tokuno and Brit. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited February 2022
    Seth said:
    I need an item that can easily move things out of ships' hold to our house. I just lost several of the weight-saving sachets or bags, lots of armour refinement and trade goods. Suddenly work caught up and I forgot about refreshing the ship.

Moreover, we always have to waste time to clear out the ship's hold before we can move a ship between Tokuno and Brit. 
    It would not hurt, also, if Lighthouses were to be "enhanced" in the way that they work, so to speak, so as to have a "sort of" like a House moving crate" into which they were to contain a decayed Ships and all of its Hold content.....

This way, if a player was to forget to refresh their Ship BUT had a Lighthouse "watching it" over, they would not loose the contents but find it in the Lighthouse "sort of" moving crate.....

Of course, this "special" Lighthouse "sort of" moving crate should NOT detract from the whatever item count that the House it is attached to, was to have.

It should be a Lighthouse special item count that "adds up" to a House number of max lockdowns... and, to my opinion, it should be large enough, to contain at the very least 3 Ships' holds which it is, 125 x 3 = 375 items, unlimighted weight, as the Ships' Holds have...

Perhaps, if so they wish, the Developers could make this a "NEW" Veteran Reward, rather then modifying the older Lighthouse..... or even make it one sold at the UO Store, so as to increase UO's ability to raise resources for its upkeep....

@Kyronix , @Mesanna , can you please consider this ? Especially is sold at the UOStore, it would be a "Win Win" situation whereas players could no longer worry about forgetting to refresh their Ships, and UO would be able to increase its revenues from the UOStore, thanking to the sales of this new, revamped Lighthouse....
    We need fishing barges!! We need dock house add on for people who live near water!!
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Seth said:

So if you could do this would they docked still total item/weight as the hold did before drydocking, if not then this would be abused to the max for unlimited storage.  Fill boat to max/drydock/lock down in house or place in bank taking up 1 item count.  All the big ships hold more weight than you can carry even on a packie.
    Seth said:

So if you could do this would they docked still total item/weight as the hold did before drydocking, if not then this would be abused to the max for unlimited storage.  Fill boat to max/drydock/lock down in house or place in bank taking up 1 item count.  All the big ships hold more weight than you can carry even on a packie.
    Even the Britannia ship can not hold all the fish from one run through the fish monger quest 
    edited February 2022
    McDougle said:
    Seth said:

Even the Britannia ship can not hold all the fish from one run through the fish monger quest 

Isn't the largest quest a 6X20 and a Brit ship can hold 28,000 stones so each fish would need to weigh over 233 stones each, I think not.  Been awhile but isn't the max weight of a fish 10 stones so your quest should weigh no more than 1200 stones and if what you are trying to say is true than how are any 6X20 quests ever done?
    McDougle said:
    Seth said:

Isn't the largest quest a 6X20 and a Brit ship can hold 28,000 stones so each fish would need to weigh over 233 stones each, I think not.  Been awhile but isn't the max weight of a fish 10 stones so your quest should weigh no more than 1200 stones and if what you are trying to say is true than how are any 6X20 quests ever done?
    I keep every fish i  catch the whole quest not just one order
    McDougle said:
    McDougle said:
    Seth said:

Comm Deeds are your friend to move large quantiles of fish
    McDougle said:
    McDougle said:
    Seth said:

Aye but we still need fishing trawlers with large open cargo holds and net booms for efficient lobster trap deployments I'm ok with the hold only being able to hold fish...and a small regular hold for equipment 
    McDougle said:
    McDougle said:
    McDougle said:
    Seth said:

Aye but we still need fishing trawlers with large open cargo holds and net booms for efficient lobster trap deployments I'm ok with the hold only being able to hold fish...and a small regular hold for equipment 
    Hold anything, that way I could do more SOSs at one time before xfering everything to house