Auto Follow EC

is there a way to auto follow in EC? I know you can in CC with ALT+Click.
Tagged:

Comments

• nope but there should be
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    This should be a vet reward for Ec players  :D
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    Really wish there was but nope.
  • Well that stinks. I also don’t understand why we are not allowed to multibox, If I pay for 4 accounts then I should be able to run 4 accounts. So many people have left and still leave the game. I really wish they would do more to keep players and bring some back.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    edited February 2022
    Well that stinks. I also don’t understand why we are not allowed to multibox, If I pay for 4 accounts then I should be able to run 4 accounts. So many people have left and still leave the game. I really wish they would do more to keep players and bring some back.
    You can run 4 accounts as long as you have to go to each account and do things it is called Multiclienting.  Using an illegal program to control all accounts give you an unfair advantage (Multiboxing).
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Well that stinks. I also don’t understand why we are not allowed to multibox, If I pay for 4 accounts then I should be able to run 4 accounts. So many people have left and still leave the game. I really wish they would do more to keep players and bring some back.
    You can run 4 accounts as long as you have to go to each account and do things it is called Multiclienting.  Using an illegal program to control all accounts give you an unfair advantage (Multiboxing).
    CC is vastly inferior to EC in all but this.  however this is a very over powered advantage 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    McDougle said:
    CC is vastly inferior to EC in all but this.  however this is a very over powered advantage 
    YES IT IS.
  • I mean I only play EC so I don’t think there are 3rd party programs for it. I have 4 monitors I play in at a time. But with the new changes to spawns and some bosses I think a lot of people are really upset.
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 882
    edited February 2022
    Multibox, or multi client?

I have 3 accts and 3 screens running an EC Pinco client each, and I switch from one to the others by scrolling across to each screen and give a positive order to each client. Although not "supported" by UO it is not illegal. YOU can do this

what you cannot do is have 4 accts working form a single order, so I acct main and the 3 other accts mimicking the first, so 4 archers for example doing the same thing. The this ridiculous and obviously illegal or 4 script looters etc

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Auto follow is basically multi boxing IMO my bard can follow my archer buffing away 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 882
    edited February 2022

so you do what I do but with 1 more acct.  the problem is when you do underwater or dynamic spawn etc and it targets the 3-4 char. and you get all mixed up   its mad, fun but you are not breaking any rules doing that.  I struggle sometimes with 3 accts with Navery/Cora etc how you manage 4 I don't know, I take my hat off to you for trying :)
  • Just remove auto-follow code from CC.
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    Fun fact: If you removed auto-follow feature, people using army scripts at events wouldn't have an actual explanation for guiding 10 chrs around behind them, other than they were using an outside program to auto follow.

• NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Binding bracelets and powder sales would skyrocket
  • usernameusername Posts: 690
    edited February 2022
    Just remove auto-follow code from CC.
    Just remove the EC. If you removed the EC, you would only have to develop for 1 client instead of two, thus cutting production and development time in half.

@Mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    username said:
    Just remove auto-follow code from CC.
    Just remove the EC. If you removed the EC, you would only have to develop for 1 client instead of two, thus cutting production and development time in half.

@ Mesanna @ Kyronix @ Bleak

while the EC isn't what so many of us wanted when we asked for an upgraded client and were offered a brand new client. it doesn't change the fact that a lot of work has gone into and still goes into it's development, maintenance and new content being added to it. And removing it would only leave us with the very problematic client (classic client) or going a third party route. And while our development team isn't yet ready to source better client development from talented people developing their own updated client, it wouldn't be a good decision to just off the EC.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    edited February 2022
    If this thread becomes a typical CC vs EC argument, it will be closed. Stick to the topic.
  • Rorschach said:
    If this thread becomes a typical CC vs EC argument, it will be closed. Stick to the topic.
    Less Filling!!
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

edited March 2022
    I mean I only play EC so I don’t think there are 3rd party programs for it. I have 4 monitors I play in at a time. But with the new changes to spawns and some bosses I think a lot of people are really upset.
    I wondered if Pinco can do this EC auto follow. Even if it has I am unlikely to use it because i feel it’s over modified.

I wish the mods can be turned on and off, i.e. is ala carte - check box for features that we like, or uncheck those we dislike. Last checked with him long time ago and it’s a straight no.
    Rorschach said:

CC > EC. fight me
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    B)
  • Rorschach said:

What if it becomes a CC vs EC argument, but not a typical one?
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    1 mill gold that you can't come up with a argument that hasn't already been made.
  • Because heavy metal. Deliver my gold to Great Lakes.
    gay said:
    Rorschach said:

CC > EC. fight me

screen size 
    EC >>> cc

• CEC, can’t we all just get along. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

CEC, can’t we all just get along. 
    Agreed, CEC >>>>> EC >>> CC