Is publish 112 really going live next week?

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    edited February 2022
    I think Neira casts necro spells which includes blood oath. If the person didn't have resist and wasn't paying attention that could be why. This would happen to my sampire when fighting the DF before I had resist. Reflect damage had nothing to do with it.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    Pawain said:
    Larisa said:
    • Pre-resist damage is no longer reflected by reflect physical damage.

What exactly does that mean? Anything to do with Armor and properties just is way over my head lol.
    When damage is calculated the last thing that happens before it is applied is that it is reduced by the opponents armor. 50 damage x .7 (70 resist) equals 35 damage reduction by resist  is  50 - 35 equals 15 damage taken.  Or turn it around 70 resist means you only take 30% damage  50 x .3 equals 15.

Maybe it was reflecting the damage number before armor.

"That has never been the case, is still not the case

(Although that is has the property is described on a mannequin, the inaccurate description has been reported)

If you have 70 physical resist, and your opponent has 40 physical resist and 100 RPD, if you hit you opponent for 60 damage, you will receive 60 damage back, regardless of your own physical resist"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Before publish....solo Nierra almost every day (It's his favorite spawn) with no issues

After publish...same template....cannot solo.

He's not a noob, he knows what he's doing (No it's not me because I don't care to solo spawns)

Something else changed then.

• quickbladequickblade Posts: 291
    edited February 2022
    Larisa said:
    Before publish....solo Nierra almost every day (It's his favorite spawn) with no issues

After publish...same template....cannot solo.

He's not a noob, he knows what he's doing (No it's not me because I don't care to solo spawns)

Something else changed then.
    What do you mean, these changes are only on test server right now

And I guess origin now since yesterday.. is your friend on Origin ?

But yea unless it hapened yesterday , but like keven said it could of been blood oath, I saw ppl get one shot by it
    "someone told me once, that there are 3 different neiras that spawn, not sure how true this is, and that one is significantly more difficult than the other 2"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    They are on Origin, Baja and Izumo....obviously I am on one of those shards yes?

*looks down at signature*

And like I said...does Nierra almost every day, if you do something every day and then one day it's completely different, something changed yes? Not the character...same character, same template, same gear.

No matter, this is just going to turn into a fight or an argument so I will leave it be.

Just wish I could test the other vet rewards, was planning on getting the Chalice and the loom but gump isn't popping up.

Hopefully others are having more luck. The vat is acting weird on TC. Can't test the shield, I am only 15 years.

Can't test the pet costume fix because the costume I want hasn't been added to the store yet.

• Larisa said:

Hopefully others are having more luck. The vat is acting weird on TC. Can't test the shield, I am only 15 years.

Enter the gold portal and it removes any account age restrictions
    Larisa said:

Enter the gold portal and it removes any account age restrictions
    She's talking about on Origin.

@Larisa - Hard to say what changed for Niera without seeing it. Usually when claims are second or third hand there will be speculation about not getting the full story. Person could have just lagged out and seemed like it was a one shot but it really wasn't. Doesn't really matter but I don't think it had anything to do with reflect damage changes.

All that said, I think you nailed what I was trying to say earlier with lack of content for Pub 112. The publish goes live and the average person either can't test the rewards (because they don't have the vet picks or aren't old enough) or just aren't interested enough to test (again only getting 2 rewards per year they might not want a potentially bugged potion vat). This publish (like all publishes) really should include some new content / items for everyone to use/claim (like blackmarket rewards / clean up points / new dungeon drop / etc)
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    edited February 2022
    Yoshi said:
    Pawain said:
    Larisa said:
    • Pre-resist damage is no longer reflected by reflect physical damage.

What exactly does that mean? Anything to do with Armor and properties just is way over my head lol.
    When damage is calculated the last thing that happens before it is applied is that it is reduced by the opponents armor. 50 damage x .7 (70 resist) equals 35 damage reduction by resist  is  50 - 35 equals 15 damage taken.  Or turn it around 70 resist means you only take 30% damage  50 x .3 equals 15.

Maybe it was reflecting the damage number before armor.

"That has never been the case, is still not the case

(Although that is has the property is described on a mannequin, the inaccurate description has been reported)

If you have 70 physical resist, and your opponent has 40 physical resist and 100 RPD, if you hit you opponent for 60 damage, you will receive 60 damage back, regardless of your own physical resist"
    No. I was not saying your armor reduces the reflected damage. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    Are we getting pub 112 today on all shards 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Skett said:
    Are we getting pub 112 today on all shards 
    they usually announce it on the main page
    when they make it world wide

if they do it today, it probably won't be until later this afternoon
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    With the valentine's clicky not out yet we really haven't tested anything not that there's much to test...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    02/07/2022 Greetings, We are pleased to announce that Publish 112 will be released Worldwide starting this evening with the European shards then the rest during normal maintenance on February 8th, 2022. If you haven’t already, make sure to check out the release notes. Please note that vendor search will be unavailable beginning February 7th, 2022 @ 4 pm ET. Vendor Search will return once all shards have been published, approximately February 8th, 2022 at 1 pm ET. See you in Britannia, UO Team
  • VagabondVagabond Posts: 88
    edited February 2022
    It is live as of ... now, or very soon? Some people should start to check UO.com once in a while... it helps to get up-to-date with news, y'know. *sighs*

Also, why the Chalice of whatever, do you all not know of the BoS, the glorious Bag of Sending? Why need protection like this, I can't... even...

Whatever. I am happy UO is still here after nearly 25 years and I am going to get that 25 year title and shield whatever you guys are thinking about it, HAH! 

:D
    You need help with simple stuff? https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ -- Otherwise - can I has your stuff?
    Loving the change to underwater boss! Just figured this out! People better start getting their diving suits 

Larisa said:
    Loving the change to underwater boss! Just figured this out! People better start getting their diving suits 
    did they make it a no spell area?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    Larisa said:
    Sounds like no more free rides.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Larisa said:
    did they make it a no spell area

Can't mark runes on the docks, can't bring pets in, can't walk out of the water without the suit on

Pawain said:
    Larisa said:
    Sounds like no more free rides.
    I would think this is something that should be in the publish notes? Did I miss it?
    “It doesn’t help with testing when they don’t disclose exploit fixes (am confident I can crack it)

i was today years old when I found out they fixed the roof double drop party trick a few months ago”
    They never put bug/exploit fixes in the patch notes so ppl can't figure out a  work around before it goes live. 

Larisa said:
    They never put bug/exploit fixes in the patch notes so ppl can't figure out a  work around before it goes live. 

They call out bug fixes all the time. They even did it for this release. They are always under the Misc Updates. "The reflect physical damage..." that was a bug that was fixed to correct the issue (ie bug).

"The issue that allowed people in to Gravewater without proper attire has been resolved." How hard is that?

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Bugs yes but I do not remember them posting exploits
    edited February 2022
    “It doesn’t actually make sense to not publish exploit fixes.
    there is already a new way to get into the deep without wearing suit and to get pet in. 

You can watch people doing it on Atlantic.

Won’t do any harm to let us try and crack before publishing. And point out the inadequacies of the fixes.

Also I’m just going to leave my tamer in there indefinitely with my pet. If I want to bring stuff out I’ll just give it to another char. They are still letting you log out with pet down there..”
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Yoshi said:
    “It doesn’t actually make sense to not publish exploit fixes.
    there is already a new way to get into the deep without wearing suit and to get pet in. 

You can watch people doing it on Atlantic.

Won’t do any harm to let us try and crack before publishing. And point out the inadequacies of the fixes.

Also I’m just going to leave my tamer in there indefinitely with my pet. If I want to bring stuff out I’ll just give it to another char. They are still letting you log out with pet down there..”
    Let me bet you did not report them and in fact you are probably using it yourself.
    edited February 2022
    Pub 112 is live worldwide and I'm pretty disappointed at how light the content is.

It's not so much that we didn't get any new content to start doing this week but rather with the apparent lack of content that is coming. I might be wrong here but typically any sort of new content like Tritons/Hook's shield/Wildfire Ozzie/etc needs to be tested and then the artwork / data goes in during the publish; which does not mean turned on right away (but at least we know what to look forward to). 

With NL about 7 months away (maybe) and possibly being all hands on deck for that in the meantime, would we actually get another publish before then? So basically whatever was tested the past few weeks is what we get?

Given all that, I'm wondering if we are actually getting something new to do with some kind of new reward(s) in the next 7 months. There is only so much Shadowguard/Doom/Underwater (especially after their fix) I can do before I become bored with the game and applying that to a 7 month time frame there is a good chance I take another break from the game. I doubt I'd be the only one that feels that way and I doubt anyone would be marking their calendars for the NL release to log back in if they found something else that keeps their attention. 

Maybe I'm going to far down the rabbit hole but a simple road map (or announcement that a road map is coming in a few weeks) would go a long way.
  • KazKaz Posts: 123
    I think its probably all hands on deck for New Legacy right now, and I appreciate that. 

There was also a bunch of people here on the forums complaining about the events being too frequent/long.  

Personally, just flip the on switch for some older content to keep us busy.  Treasures of Tokuno, City Invasions would be nice.  Been a couple years now for either right?
    Kaz said:
    I think its probably all hands on deck for New Legacy right now, and I appreciate that. 

There was also a bunch of people here on the forums complaining about the events being too frequent/long.  

Personally, just flip the on switch for some older content to keep us busy.  Treasures of Tokuno, City Invasions would be nice.  Been a couple years now for either right?
    Yea the only problem with flipping on the old stuff like that for long periods is that it quickly falls by the wayside because for the invasions the only thing anyone really comes for is the 50% SDI book so it's literally a mad dash to find the mage generals and when they die everyone leaves. The ToT literally only has 1 drop that anyone wants (Luck Mempo) since they removed the turn in reward dyes. 

I could see it being all hands on deck for NL but if that's the case let us know nothing is coming. At least then people can decide what they want to do. Lack of communication is one of the biggest criticisms of the Dev team that they are fully in control of how it is handled.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Kaz said:

I don't accept that excuse we were told the reason behind the new treasures of content was the speed and ease click a button or two and it's done all so they could focus on NL ...now we just accept they can't even do that..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    McDougle said:
    Kaz said:

I don't accept that excuse we were told the reason behind the new treasures of content was the speed and ease click a button or two and it's done all so they could focus on NL ...now we just accept they can't even do that..
    I'm hoping we will get the 3 dynamic events (the storyline / champ spawn / treasures event) starting March (and go through June/July) but I'm not sure if that's going to be possible without another publish (which I don't expect before NL).