Vendor Search Timing Out

Comments

• SinaSina Posts: 32
    @Bleak

this is what we see, everyday, all day!!!

• KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    Vender search is pitiful! @Mesanna @Bleak please hire someone who can actually fix this. Or did y'all allow the "endless scripter" accounts back in to vender search??? If so, that would explain a lot!
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Not every day, all day. I have found I get better results early morning or late evenings when not a lot of people are on. Say I search for Melissa's Cloak....I type in Melissa's Cloak, check the box for *Cloak* put a minimum return bid of 1 Mil gold and hit search.

On the weekends during the day, it will time out 90% of the time with the *You're search took too long...*

In the morning it will return results fairly quickly.

@Mesanna and @Kyronix
    Your silence is pretty much the answer for this problem.
    CAN YOU PLEASE HIRE SOMEONE THAT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING?

Now we understand, you probably looking for someone already but you are probably getting the same result as we are:

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Really needs to be improved.  Works fine one day and not at all the next.  Last couple of months game seems to be really struggling.  Lost connection messages becoming a routine part of game play now.  At least for me.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    I have accepted its server resources vs no. of users concurrently searching, so I will come back to try later when VS load is reduced.

In terms of gaming experience, I find it quite disruptive when I planned for 1 hour of gameplay for a particular day, and VS does not work when I needed it.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    with the current population in the game so many lags at em event, vendor search not working 80% of the time and many others issue...they are working on attacking more people to the game with the new legacy...can the server really have more peoples?
    Fortis said:
    with the current population in the game so many lags at em event, vendor search not working 80% of the time and many others issue...they are working on attacking more people to the game with the new legacy...can the server really have more peoples?
    Legacy should be a different server.

And you are right assuming everyone from Atlantic to every other shard login to this one server concurrently.
  • Honestly Broadsword should just contract this job out, they've shown they can't make this system function.
    Maybe @Mariah can help us, since she is the direct contact with the devs
    The problem here is the SILENCE. I guess @Mesanna wont allow @Bleak to answer anything here in the forum. 

The problem here is that none of them come here to say anything about, everyone , everyone is having problems with VS and @Bleak I guess CANT fix.
    We already asked them 100x to say something, even if it is like: "Guy's , We dont know how to fix" but at least is something, the lack of communication or the forced silence about the situation is that make this a very upset situation.
  • BleakBleak Posts: 143Dev
    As with each new server publish, vendor search will go through maintenance once publish 112 goes WW. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience. 
    Bleak said:
    As with each new server publish, vendor search will go through maintenance once publish 112 goes WW. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience. 

Finally, that was not so hard right? @Bleak

so, from now on , we just need to accept that every time you work on a new patch, it will break VS until goes live WW.

But TBH, VS break at least 1x or 2x a week, even without any new publish. so I will suggest you something!

Why not make the maintenance at least 1x a week?
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Honestly Broadsword should just contract this job out, they've shown they can't make this system function.
    EA already did this.
  • Bleak said:
    So VS gets a maintenance every 4 months? No wonder this system is so functional!!
    Bleak said:
    So VS gets a maintenance every 4 months? No wonder this system is so functional!!

He didn't answer to get bashing. If I am Bleak I won't even bother to answer anymore.
    He needs more helping hand.
  • Bleak said:

Thank you for the reply.  I understand now why it is not working at least.  Gotta go back to running around looking for vendors :), just like the old days.  So, anyone on sonoma I need bark fragments lol!
  • Seth said:
    Bleak said:

He didn't answer to get bashing. If I am Bleak I won't even bother to answer anymore.
    He needs more helping hand.
    No he doesn't King Greg offered him a great solution to help fix the stability of his indexing issues, he refused the advice. Until it gets fixed 100% people are going to be critical, considering it is the number one topic on these forums.
    UPDATE!!!
    @BLEAK GUESS WHAT?????
    IT IS BROKE AGAIN.

10:45PM on Atlantic Shard
    VS is Dead Again

maybe they should remove acces to vendor search to ej accounts.....the goal is to make them sub i guess.....beleive it or not some use auto search bots...
    Fortis said:
    maybe they should remove acces to vendor search to ej accounts.....the goal is to make them sub i guess.....beleive it or not some use auto search bots...

^^  ^^ BEST IDEA EVER
    @Bleak ;  @Kyronix
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “They already restricted EJ to 1 search every minute, plus no named item searches”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    “They already restricted EJ to 1 search every minute, plus no named item searches”
    Yes....but you can have unlimited ejs running
    VS may work during the day for most the people. I play after 6pm ET and it is very very very slow and time out most the time, than result show like 10 min later out of nowhere @Bleak
    I was up last night until midnight PST on Arriang and Oceania and VS was supper fast on both shards.  I do a LOT of searches when I send out my shard hoppers looking for good to take home.
  • BleakBleak Posts: 143Dev
    Sina said:
    VS may work during the day for most the people. I play after 6pm ET and it is very very very slow and time out most the time, than result show like 10 min later out of nowhere @ Bleak
    Please provide the exact search inputs that you are using.
    Shard might help also
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    edited February 2022
    @Bleak Today around 1:00 CST on Great Lakes I was able to search in VS for items by name or part of name, example: ess achiv and get proper results in a timely manner. I decided to check a few things on Atlantic and found that if I put in the name: Dragon Turtle recipe it came back as timed out. I did this twice same results, however if I added: not gargoyle only, not elves only, not cursed, not brittle and not antique I was able to get results. 
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    If you refine your search it helps a lot. During busy times it tends to be slow or not work at all.  Especially on Atlantic because people are always adding/buying off vendors.

I find that if you are looking for an item, it's best to add a minimum cost so it doesn't have to  search through everything that's 100g etc.  Say I want to price a rare colored plant. I know those are at LEAST a million gold...so if I want one of those peculiar snowfluff trees....Input Peculiar Snowfluff Min Price 1,000,000 and I get results fairly quickly as it's not having to search through lower priced items.

Splintering Blade Min. Price 500,000

Just an example of what makes VS work most of the time for me even on Atlantic.

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “Perhaps they should put a message when it fails to tell the user to refine their search…:p “
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.