Lost Bonded Pet

TarkusTarkus Posts: 7
I lost a bonded PP white wyrm (756str), full 120s last night.  It was with me outside covetous level 3 last.  I walked into dungeon and it didn’t follow me.  I walked out and it was gone.  Followers already at 0.  I logged on/off and it didn’t reappear.  I checked stables, it wasn’t there.  I tried multiple pet summoning balls and no luck. I logged on/off again multiple times with no luck.  I retraced all of my steps the previous few hours, logging in/out along the way hoping maybe it was “stuck” on a sub server… nope.

I paged a GM and waited for over 2 hours without response.  I logged on after server down this morning - still no pet on me or in stables and still no response from a GM.  No emails from support yet either.

I’m concluding the pet is gone for good.  I don’t know going rate on these pets, but the 120s alone were a good ~300mil.  I’ve had this pet for over TWO DECADES.  I’m so sad and frustrated, this sucks.  I just came back to the game a few months ago and I was really enjoying myself, but I have such a bitter taste in my mouth now I’m not sure if I even want to stay  if this can’t be resolved :(

What can be done to reconcile this?  For what it’s worth, this character IS copied onto test center along with my pet.  Copy was from a month or so ago.  Is there any possible way this can be resolved, leveraging my TC character if necessary?

Character Name - Aliri
Shard - Lake Superior 
Pet Name - Nasty

I’m more then happy to provide more information as needed - anything to help resolve this.  

Thank you,

Tarkus/Aliri

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    I woke up in the middle of yall talking about this.

It's not a common issue but it is emotional.

Hang in there.  We have a lot of tamers on LS to help you.  Join anything you hear in chat.

Have fun.

Allen
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • TarkusTarkus Posts: 7
    edited February 2022
    @Pawain thank you.  This shouldn’t have to be an emotional issue though.  There’s a legitimate issue in the game and it should be recognized and reconciled.  I lost half a billion freaking gold to a bug, not to mention countless days of training and years of memories.  My pet is literally sitting right there on Test Center waiting to be copied back to LS too, there’s still a chance at redemption here, but I need someone with authority and enough care to step up to help.

I’ve been trying every avenue possible since last night to at minimum get acknowledgement from the UO team about this and so far I’ve gotten absolutely nothing, not even a GM response.  It’s all around saddening.  The UO team is as much part of this community as us individual players are, we need them to be more vested in such things.

My last resort was to email @Mesanna this afternoon.  I’m probably overstepping my bounds, but I don’t know what else to do.  If you see this Mesanna, I’m begging you, please help this doesn’t have to end this way.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited February 2022
    I thought they fixed the lost bonded pet bug. So it still does not work, like other other failed fixes.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Seth said:
    I thought they fixed the lost bonded pet bug. So it still does not work, like other other failed fixes.
    They changed it so they can’t go wild now (link below) but my experience would confirm there’s at least one other bug still out there.  I’ve done a fair amount of QA in my career, I’m more then happy to help try to pinpoint the bug with some further tests on TC if it helps the team get to the bottom of this once and for all, because I know first hand bugs aren’t random in software development, but Id like my pet back first please.

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/publish-notes/publish-111/
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    @Kyronix @Bleak are really the only Devs that may talk to you @Mesanna and @Misk are useless on these forums
  • @Mariah @Kryonix ;@Bleak sorry to bug you all on a weekend, but can one of you please give a statement on behalf of the UO team?  I still haven’t even gotten a GM response.  Thank you in advance.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    I'm sorry, I can't help. As I have said before, I am not a developer. I am merely a moderator and wiki editor.
  • Mariah said:
    I'm sorry, I can't help. As I have said before, I am not a developer. I am merely a moderator and wiki editor.
    I understand, thank you for the quick response nonetheless.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    There is sadly zero chance of you getting your pet back 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • GM showed up today.  Was unable to help but implied they would escalate to a higher level.
  • Any more info on this? Same kinda thing just happened to me, though not sure if worse or not... Full bonded packy vanished. Status still said 5/5 so it was out there somewhere, tried recalling and logging a few times to get it to reappear and nada... If it was dead, shouldnt it have reappeared as a ghost when i recalled? definitely was bonded tho, had that packy for years. Paged and silence, so... reckon I'm just out a packy full of prolly no longer available stuff... definitely lost plenty of rares thru the years cuz i was a dummy and went somewhere i shouldnt have and got my packy killed, never lost a load cuz it just decided to poof on me... *sigh*

-Shy 
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    This is the kind of stuff that prevents me from investing time into my tamer. I can’t even imagine how bad it feels to lose something so valuable for no good reason :/
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited April 2022
    "they have put in a couple of new safeguards to prevent pet loss since the start of this thread, but packed animals are unfortunately not covered by the safeguards"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.