Castle contest can be rigged -- heres how

GaretjaxGaretjax Posts: 34
edited January 2022 in General Discussions
Just create EJ accounts, run through the remove EJ gate in brit and cast your vote... @Mesanna @Bleak ;

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    How about we all vote to give jewelry boxes search function..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    edited January 2022
    this is being fixed

Thanks Team !

not the jewelry box that's in a box of over 10k other requests need to do notes :)
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171

There were 167 entries on the stone right before it went down....

Thank you team for responding so quickly.

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited January 2022
    deleted
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • With or without this issue, the contest can still be rigged.  There are people with enough accounts/friends/guildies/plat to sway the numbers.  Just glad I don't have a castle/keep nor ever want one (unless they are customisable).

Was a bad idea from the start, just my opinion and I stick by it.
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    Well, but we had fun designing our dream castles, and that's the whole point of playing. 
    I'm mystified at what fun  could one ever find in more than 2 or 3 accounts, the brain can play with 1 or 2 toons at the time  :#
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    With or without this issue, the contest can still be rigged.  There are people with enough accounts/friends/guildies/plat to sway the numbers.  Just glad I don't have a castle/keep nor ever want one (unless they are customisable).

So if the majority of people vote for the same person, than the election is rigged according to you.  I thought all elections are suppose to be majority rules.  All paid accounts are entitled to one vote per paid account, if someone has 100 paid accounts then they get 100 votes.  You want more votes then pay for more accounts.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    If you ask me the only way to make it a true “design” contest would be to have a designated theme and a panel of judges who were blind to who built them.

Love it or hate it, what we have now is something different.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “At the end they only count votes from different IP addresses fyi 
    I tried to rig an election before”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Yoshi said:

Please provide where this is stated by someone on the dev team.
    Yoshi said:
    I tried to rig an election before”
    Total BULLCRAP
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “It is not, but I can tell you from experience as stated,”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • So if the majority of people vote for the same person, than the election is rigged according to you.  I thought all elections are suppose to be majority rules.  All paid accounts are entitled to one vote per paid account, if someone has 100 paid accounts then they get 100 votes.  You want more votes then pay for more accounts.
    I don't deny the majority rules but in all walks of life voting systems can and will be corrupted, no less in UO.  Paying for votes is one simple way among others.  If you have 100 accounts then fine, you get 100 votes.  Still doesn't make it a good system where it can be so easily manipulated.
    Yoshi said:
    “It is not, but I can tell you from experience as stated,”
    BULLCRAP
  • BenBen Posts: 208
    Perhaps instead of a Castle Design Contest there should be a Veteran Reward of 15 years or more that allows for house customization of castles and keeps. That would not only please many that love design, make money for the company, but also encourage retention.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    Ben said:
    Perhaps instead of a Castle Design Contest there should be a Veteran Reward of 15 years or more that allows for house customization of castles and keeps. That would not only please many that love design, make money for the company, but also encourage retention.
    Love the idea
  • keven2002 said:
    Ben said:
    Love the idea

They could also sell an account bound token that converts your castle or keep to a customizable plot for like $49.99. I'd buy one.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    Same here I’d buy 2 
    keven2002 said:
    Ben said:
    Love the idea

They could also sell an account bound token that converts your castle or keep to a customizable plot for like $49.99. I'd buy one.
    Very sweet. That is a great idea. I mean, really. So, why do you think they do not do it? 
    With such a small number of castle lag can surely not be the issue 
    McDougle said:
    Could that really be the issue? I mean, with all the castles blinged up as is, would such a change be more disruptive?
    Ben said:
    McDougle said:
    Could that really be the issue? I mean, with all the castles blinged up as is, would such a change be more disruptive?
    That and fear of massive borg structures but honestly all the castle spots far from anything most of us do expect when we're doing trade runs 
    keven2002 said:
    Ben said:
    Love the idea

So if you use this then could you still trade the Castle or would it become Account Bound?  Would this be a one time token and if you wanted to redo your castle would you need to buy another token?
  • I'd say it could potentially have a trigger that when it's being traded to another account it reverts back to a classic castle and the token reappears in the owners backpack.
    I'd say it could potentially have a trigger that when it's being traded to another account it reverts back to a classic castle and the token reappears in the owners backpack.
    I'm gonna have to keep an eye on you. You know how to figure these things.
  • Ben said:
    I'd say it could potentially have a trigger that when it's being traded to another account it reverts back to a classic castle and the token reappears in the owners backpack.
    I'm gonna have to keep an eye on you. You know how to figure these things.

I've played this game for so long, I just want it to work how it should lol.
  • BardrisCaller1BardrisCaller1 Posts: 64
    edited January 2022

On top of this, if they still want it to be a gold sink, create new tiles that are castle and keep specific and charge a lot of gold to place them. Make them really nice polished tiles that can only be unlocked with the token.
    Ching-ching...I had an auditory hallucination of an old cash machine sound when I read the words.
    Can you trade a house with a lot of stuff in the moving crate?  People a lot of times sell Castles/Keeps with items in them and when you change a Castle/Keep all your stuff goes into the moving crate.  Its not a bad idea of the Token but maybe the 3000 Sov range if it does not cover the cost of the tiles.  Converting a Castle/Keep currently is not a gold sink because you get your gold back if you drop it and under your suggestion you said gold sink so you do not get the gold back from customizing.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 7
    With or without this issue, the contest can still be rigged.  There are people with enough accounts/friends/guildies/plat to sway the numbers.  Just glad I don't have a castle/keep nor ever want one (unless they are customisable).

So if the majority of people vote for the same person, than the election is rigged according to you.  I thought all elections are suppose to be majority rules.  All paid accounts are entitled to one vote per paid account, if someone has 100 paid accounts then they get 100 votes.  You want more votes then pay for more accounts.

Citizens United it is then.