Publish 112 Feedback Thread

Comments

• King_GregKing_Greg Posts: 248
    MAKE THE POTION THING A BOD REWARD. For the love of god stop just putting things as vet rewards.

VvV 
    Cleanup 
    Bod Rewards 
    Library Donations 
    Museum of Vesper 
    The Dobloon vendor Thing 

• ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 783
    edited February 2022
  • Agree with others - I wouldn't pick the monster proof chest as a vet reward pick.

The house vet rewards look good.

• FortisFortis Posts: 408
    the 25 years vet reward shield shouldn t be a veteran pick.....people who have have paid account 25 years should receive it whitout wasting a veteran rewards....this would be a real reward from the game not asking them to use a veteran picks
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited February 2022
    Fortis said:
    the 25 years vet reward shield shouldn t be a veteran pick.....people who have have paid account 25 years should receive it whitout wasting a veteran rewards....this would be a real reward from the game not asking them to use a veteran picks
    “???
    I’m not sure you’re grasping the concept of vet reward system”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    edited February 2022
    @Kyronix

Hildebrandt Shield:
    • Could you please put the FS proc detail in some form on the shield (either when you double click it or under properties)? Perhaps something like "Flamestrike chance upon parry"? In 5 years this is one of those details that becomes lost/forgotten and someone might not even know it has that function unless they google the item beforehand.
    • Understand the logic behind 25 year requirement to equip the shield but this is the exact opposite of what it is for literally any other equipped/rideable vet reward (you guys actually removed the requirement a while back). I think this reward should be like every other vet reward (or other vet rewards should be like this one). This should be consistent and since it was decided years ago to remove the account age restriction I think it should match.
    Potion Vat:
    • The fact that it only holds 10 potion kegs (which need to be all the same) AND they must all be full kegs, this limit the use of this item. 
    • At the very least these vats should accept partially filled kegs (so you don't need to remove the keg and place it in another container) and allow filling from the kegs. To do this you would add a gump for the vat like the soulstone pool. 
    • OR bump up the max item count to 125 and allow all full potion kegs to be added (used as an item count saver). For this add a context menu that looks like the plant bowl gump with each type potion and their count and allow selection from there.
    Map Charter:
    • Extremely limited use given that after Cartography is GM'ed there is no longer a need use a cartography pen again. 
    • My suggestion here is to add a limited time buff ability that will bump cartography up +5 above cap like the mapmaker glasses do. Buff time would be 24hours and work like a town stone buff. 
    • OR add ability to drop your tattered maps on the reward which will provide the location of gold chest to be dug up. Since that might involve recoding maps too the other option would be to add a limited time buff that increases your chances to dig up a gold chest (whatever your logic is on digging up a gold chest would be increased behind the scenes) and the buff would appear in the buff window with something like "Lucky Chest" Buff. This would also work like the town stone unless you wanted to make the buff that ALL chest dug up would be gold and in that case make it like the lucky statue (one hour every 24).
    Monster-Proof Chest:
    • The fact that this Vet reward drops on your corpse makes it the only vet reward that you can lose forever by simply dying. Given that we only get 2 rewards per year that would be a steep price. 
    • I do not think this item should be blessed or insured given that it would basically bless/insure whatever contents are inside. Regardless if it's only pots/petals/balms, these consumable things should not be blessed/insured. Even if these chest didn't allow cursed items (ie power scrolls) I'd argue the chest shouldn't be insurable or blessed because if someone isn't doing a spawn (ie no powerscrolls in play) and they die... people would literally lose nothing when they die because all they need to do is get 2-3 of these chests for all non-insured items and call it a day.
    • My solution is either make this a huntsman reward so that losing such an item wouldn't be as costly OR just scrap the idea (this would be my vote given I think there needs to be some risk of being looted by something in Tram).  
    Autoloom:
    • I don't have any particular use for something like this given that I don't play Siege/Mugen where resources are more scare and I can simply hit the tailor shop to buy 500 bolts of cloth at a time which auto replenishes. That said, it is a cool graphic and others seem to have use for it.
    • I do think that this should have a gump though to open the loom and allow it to be a container for these limited items so that players can drop like 1k thread into the container and convert it all at once instead of whatever your pack can hold. In a sense it would work similar the commodity boxes do. 
    • I'd also add hides to this list and allow players to convert hides into cut leather all at once too without needing it to be in their pack.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I hope everyone has checked out the revised publish notes and visited test center to explore the changes?
    edited February 2022
    Yes it looks like the Monster Proof chest was removed (smart move) in favor of a statue that will prevent monsters from looting you for 2 hours. 

Looks like the potion keg was updated too.

@Kyronix - Are we only getting Vet rewards / VDay gitts with Pub 112? No other new content / rewards for like the Blackmarket or clean up rewards etc?
    edited February 2022
    @Kyronix @Misk

It looks like now the potion vat is simply "eating" potion kegs. I was using an older one so I went to get a new one and the results were the same.

I secured the vat; added a keg via single click option and when I clicked on the keg to add it takes the keg but doesn't register the keg in the vat. I go to take remove the keg and nothing happens. 

It looks like you need to "Retrieve" the item to your pack for it to update the contents... but I'm still unable to retrieve anything.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    edited February 2022
    we were adding the potion kegs from the bank & it broke the new vat
    but if you craft new kegs and add potions you purchase from the alchemist
    it works as intended

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Bah going live tomorrow is fine 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    Re: potion kegs not working in the vat.  The kegs that are created in the TC1 bank box are missing critical data that normally crafted kegs have.  These kegs, as best as we can surmise, only exist on TC1 - so any report of a non-TC1 provided keg failing to work with the keg should be reported immediately.  Any potion vat that is in a broken state should be discarded.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited February 2022
    The statue that has 2-hour prevent monster from looting corpse, this seems an overlap and less useful compared to the insurance. 

If it is meant for other non insurance items like petals or potions, it does not seem useful.

And we still need to go back to find our corpse.

Might as well make it useful but not OP:

For 2 hours per 24 hours cool down - If character dies, insurance auto renewed for free. This will be really useful, and we don't have to hunt for our corpse.

Unless u mean those cursed items also cannot be looted, but other than Power Scroll which are looted by players, we don't really care about anything else.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited February 2022
    I am not sure whether it is too late .... but, as @Skittlez1337 mentioned here https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/69811/#Comment_69811 , rather then this pretty much, to my opinion, useless Shield, I would see, for example, an additional Bank and Storage Increase for Accounts which have maintained a whopping and amazing 25 long Years Customer Loyalty, to be a much preferable and tangible appreciation token for their continued support to Ultima Online.....
    Seth said:
    The statue that has 2-hour prevent monster from looting corpse, this seems an overlap and less useful compared to the insurance. 

If it is meant for other non insurance items like petals or potions, it does not seem useful.

For 2 hours per 24 hours cool down - If character dies, insurance auto renewed for free. This will be really useful, and we don't have to hunt for our corpse.

Unless u mean those cursed items also cannot be looted, but other than Power Scroll which are looted by players, we don't really care about anything else.

The chalice is actually better than the chest was given that the chest was never going to be blessed or insured (ie it would drop on your corpse) and only held 8 items. The chalice works exactly like the chest except it prevents monsters from looting you completely. You would have still needed to go find your corpse and retrieve the chest too. 

If you do not want to hunt for your corpse then buy an undertaker staff from the store as this will auto claim your body. Another (free option) would be to increase your sacrifice and use that virtue upon death to self-rez. 

The chalice is not supposed to be God mode in Fel where you get to do as many spawns as you can in 2 hours without fear of being PK'ed. Come on now. How watered down are you trying to make the game? lol
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited February 2022
    keven2002 said:
    Seth said:

The chalice is actually better than the chest was given that the chest was never going to be blessed or insured (ie it would drop on your corpse) and only held 8 items. The chalice works exactly like the chest except it prevents monsters from looting you completely. You would have still needed to go find your corpse and retrieve the chest too. 

If you do not want to hunt for your corpse then buy an undertaker staff from the store as this will auto claim your body. Another (free option) would be to increase your sacrifice and use that virtue upon death to self-rez. 

The chalice is not supposed to be God mode in Fel where you get to do as many spawns as you can in 2 hours without fear of being PK'ed. Come on now. How watered down are you trying to make the game? lol
    It's my opinion that its not worth a vet reward to save my non insurable items like trap box. The other stuff like petals - I carry a blessed rose. Every other important items are insured and if I die they auto insure 24/7.

What is it that you are afraid monsters would loot from you, that you feel it's worth a vet reward? I mean, it cannot be an insurable item or an item in fel.

Is there anything in Tram that we are so worried about monsters looting from our corpse? 

Maybe perhaps the next Event they will make cursed minor arties so then we will find the statue useful, for 2 hours a day. Then it's no longer watered down, but a necessity and 2 hours become too short  :D
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    popps said:
    I am not sure whether it is too late .... but, as @ Skittlez1337 mentioned here https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/69811/#Comment_69811 , rather then this pretty much, to my opinion, useless Shield, I would see, for example, an additional Bank and Storage Increase for Accounts which have maintained a whopping and amazing 25 long Years Customer Loyalty, to be a much preferable and tangible appreciation token for their continued support to Ultima Online.....
    See someone said increased storage get ready for popps to go wild....
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    Seth said:
    It's my opinion that its not worth a vet reward to save my non insurable items like trap box. The other stuff like petals - I carry a blessed rose. Every other important items are insured and if I die they auto insure 24/7.

What is it that you are afraid monsters would loot from you, that you feel it's worth a vet reward? I mean, it cannot be an insurable item or an item in fel.

Is there anything in Tram that we are so worried about monsters looting from our corpse? 

Maybe perhaps the next Event they will make cursed minor arties so then we will find the statue useful, for 2 hours a day. Then it's no longer watered down, but a necessity and 2 hours become too short  :D

I agree with everything you said; I don't think it's worth a vet reward to make sure a monster doesn't loot your potion/petals/trap boxes. I wouldn't have claimed the chest even if it was just a huntman reward or like a bod reward. Will I use the chalice if there is a public one somewhere? Probably (if I remember). But I wouldn't spend a pick on that either.

I don't think some non-insurable thing like potions or petals are worth trying to save because they are literally a dime a dozen; there is insurance for the rest.That said apparently someone requested it and for some reason the Devs actually listened. So here we are lol. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    The Chalice can be locked down and set to public.

You only need 1 per shard.  It literally does what @popps asked for.

The devs took a players request and made an item that matched it.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Does the Chalice prevent monsters from stealing anything or just certain items?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Does the Chalice prevent monsters from stealing anything or just certain items?
    Says Monsters can not loot your corpse. No qualifiers.
     So stealing is not covered. (If there is a monster that steals)

Also works like the luck buff in how if you log off, your timer stops.  So, it is 2 hours of online time.
    1 hour today 1 hour tomorrow if you log off.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    @quickblade tells me he found a bug with the RPD fix.
    if you carry a weapon that hits elemental damage and shield bash your opponent at the same time the weapon hits, you can avoid having any physical damage reflected.

Also if you use an elemental damage weapon and hit your opponent with Frenzied whirlwind - (which deals physical damage) you can also avoid having physical damage reflected”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • quickbladequickblade Posts: 291
    edited February 2022
    Just like shown in the video and like I told Yoshi about it, both shield bash and frenzy whirlwind do not get reflect at all if caster is using a 100% elemental weapon, maybe it make the game thinks the ability is 100% elemental, instead of being physical .
    First weapon used is butcher knife 100% physical dmg, second weapon is cutlass 100% cold

edited February 2022
    "actually after further testing, both on live shard and on TC, the frenzied whirlwind damage does always deal the damage type of the weapon, so this is fine, in my opininion working as intended.

Meaning if you hit say an energy vortex with frenzied whilwind with a 100% energy weapon, you still deal no damage

However the shield bash thing going on here is very bad"
    edited February 2022

But the tooltip of these spells mention they are physical damage, why would they turn on the type of the damage of your weapon? Imo this is not working as intended. I mean shield bash is your shield doing the damage not your weapon, I could maybe understand for frenzy whirlwind

But you should test further because I do not think it turns the ability depending on your weapon type of damage, because if you hit someone with a 100% fire wakisachi frenzy whirlwind a target with like 10% fire resist, or 70% fire resist, both will be the same damage I believe, so there's a bug going on , like if it was treating the ability as physical damage still, but just not reflecting.... @Yoshi

I will have to go test again further, maybe something changed with their second patching
    edited February 2022
    "i completely agree shield bash thing is a bug

with Frenzied whilwing, If you're talking about the tooltip in the default EC client, this is maybe a mistake that Pinco made, he made many description mistakes that were just copied over to defualt UI without being fact checked,

I just tested Frenzied whirlwind damage vs player, yes you deal more damage with elemental weapon when target is cursed (70 elemental resist dropped to 60) so frenzied whilwind seems fine to me"
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Yoshi said:
    "actually after further testing, both on live shard and on TC, the frenzied whirlwind damage does always deal the damage type of the weapon, so this is fine, in my opininion working as intended.

Meaning if you hit say an energy vortex with frenzied whilwind with a 100% energy weapon, you still deal no damage

However the shield bash thing going on here is very bad"
    So you are testing something on Atl to prove what point?  Oh I forgot you have "powers" so you moved your char to one of the 3 shards that has the pub.
    edited February 2022
    Take moving shot exemple, if you have a poison bow 100%, moving shot still do physical damage and reflectable, should be the same for frenzy whirlwind, and shield bash
    edited February 2022
    Take moving shot exemple, if you have a poison bow 100%, moving shot still do physical damage and reflectable, should be the same for frenzy whirlwind, and shield bash

"sorry where is it written that this should be the case for frenzied whirlwind?

I have even checked enhance client, says nothing about physical"
    edited February 2022
    Yoshi said:

"sorry where is it written that this should be the case for frenzied whirlwind?

I have even checked enhance client, says nothing about physical"
    Just went on test server again, and I did frenzied whirlwinds with a 100% poison wakizachi on a player with 54% physical resist rest all 70% , and then on a player with 70% all resist, and FWW did more damage on first player , so we can then assume it IS physical damage no matter what type of weapon you are holding , but somehow it is not reflectable, which is a bug
    Even in the animal training patch few years ago, pets that you add FWW on do physical damage with it , CaH confirmed it aswell