Publish 112 has interesting things

Comments

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    keven2002 said:
    dvvid said:
    The shield is really cool although I’ll never own one in my lifetime most likely. 

I dont know if you will need to be 25yr old acct to actually wear it (likely just claim). On TC1 it says your account must be 60 months to wear it. Not sure if that will change or not
    they are account bound.
    another account can't even use the transmog potion on it
    (makes it an invalid target)
  • Vagabond said:
    How do you get the Valentine gift
    Really? Do you even read what's being posted?

Valentine’s Day Reward

Who loves you? The UO Team!

• The Royal Taste Tester Suit of Armor
    • Available February 14, 2022 through March 2, 2022 via reward giver
    • Provides a “Friendship Rose” once per week
    • Available in 5 common and 1 rare colors
    • Keep an eye on UO.com and the patch screen for location updates!
    So there will be a reward giver somewhere out in the world where you can get that item. Sigh. Really. Reading comprehension.
    I am on TC you fool.
    Oh. Then you must be blind? The statue is right at Britain Commons, YOU fool.
    You need help with simple stuff? https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ -- Otherwise - can I has your stuff?
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Okay seriously people do we need to resort to such childish name calling? We are all supposed to be adults here...unreal :/

And the suit of armor is at Brit commons yes BUT nothing happens when you click it, so currently you cannot get a rose from it. that is all he was asking. 

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    I'd probably wear the shield reward but I think my oldest account is still like 2 years away due to lapses in payment at times.

@Kyronix - Is it hard set to make the shield both account bound and 25 years to claim/wear? Seems like that easily excludes 85% of the UO population. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    keven2002 said:
    I'd probably wear the shield reward but I think my oldest account is still like 2 years away due to lapses in payment at times.

@ Kyronix - Is it hard set to make the shield both account bound and 25 years to claim/wear? Seems like that easily excludes 85% of the UO population. 
    Thats the whole point of the reward. It is deco that proclaims your 25 years.  It cant kill you you cant ride it.  The wearer has no advantage over you.

You can claim one when that applies to you, if you choose.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Larisa said:
    Okay seriously people do we need to resort to such childish name calling? We are all supposed to be adults here...unreal :/

And the suit of armor is at Brit commons yes BUT nothing happens when you click it, so currently you cannot get a rose from it. that is all he was asking. 
    TY
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    keven2002 said:

@ Kyronix - Is it hard set to make the shield both account bound and 25 years to claim/wear? Seems like that easily excludes 85% of the UO population. 
    Yes - you need to have an account 25+ years old to claim & use the shield.  And you are right - it does exclude a majority of the population, but that's sort of the point.  We're talking 25 years here.  That's an insane amount of time, and we felt it was appropriate to say thanks to those who've been here since the beginning (probably some multi-generational at this point) with this special vet reward.  
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “Even I can’t claim one yet” 
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    If vet rewards were account bound maybe they could not be deleted at idoc..giving possible returning players something..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • I really hope this is the first phase of publish 112, cause if this is the entire publish it would be very pathetic to say the least. There is absolutely zero content to this publish, 8 vet rewards and a valentines day reward. We only get 4 publishes a year we deserve a little more sustenance than this.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Kyronix said:
    keven2002 said:

Yes - you need to have an account 25+ years old to claim & use the shield.  And you are right - it does exclude a majority of the population, but that's sort of the point.  We're talking 25 years here.  That's an insane amount of time, and we felt it was appropriate to say thanks to those who've been here since the beginning (probably some multi-generational at this point) with this special vet reward.  
    @Kyronix

It is very commendable that you guys acknowledge how an exceptional circumstance of customer loyalty it is, that a customer may have maintained his/her account as active for an amazing, long, 25 Years...

The problem though is, that, at least to my opinion, I am NOT conviced that this Hildebrandt Shield might be an item that sufficiently recognizes and acknowledges this amazing Customer Loyalty.....

I mean, besides the fact that it has a pretty hefty limitation for being account Bound, also the bonus that it gives looks to me quite underwhelming... 
    • 30 % chance to flame strike a mob on successful parry and a 5% chance to flame strike unsuccessful parry, does not proc against other players or pets.

Why would any player want to occupy one hand slot wearing it, when there is plenty other Shields out there, way more usefull and with better properties that make them a whole lot better ?

And this, as a 25 Years Veteran Reward, Account Bound ?

Seriously ?

A player who has had an account kept as active for 25 continuous Years, which is, at least to my opinion, a HELL of a customer's Loyalty, gets this quite underwhelming item as a thank you ?

I mean, Folks, we are talking of 25 long, continuous Years that a UO player has kept his/her Account always active and paying a subscription !!!

Or, am I missing something here, and that SINGLE 1 Bonus makes it a hell of a great item to be preferred to be worn over all of the other Shields which exist out there ?

Can someone please enlighten me about what might be so special about this 25 Years Veteran Reward, Account Bound, which I might be overlooking ?

Thank you.
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    @popps It seems you missed the fact that it is: 
    • Valid destination target for transmogrification potions
    So it can have any other shield added to it. Making it the best shield possible. You would have been better off complaining that only shield users would use it. 

I think it's a wonderful reward and only 24 more years to go before I can claim it. LOL 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “For a 25! year vet i think they’re correct to make it account bound, you wouldn’t wear someone else’s medals would you?”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited January 2022
    Kyronix said:
    keven2002 said:

I feel the same way about vet rewards in general... you should need to be X years to use whatever the reward for paying that long... yet you removed the restriction on ethreal mounts long ago to allow everyone to ride any year mount. Oh and let's not forget about those commemorative robes that you had to attend an in person event to get...that eventually made their way to the UO store. 

Why not drop the age limit down to 15-20 years if you really want to have an age limit there?? And if that's the case let's start making more stuff like this (ie make some new ethy mounts that only X age accounts and above can ride for the prestige).
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    I like the cartography table, and will probably get one for looks alone, but it has very limited usage. I can see some shops stocking one along with lockpick training chests, but few people make maps in any quantity once they've trained to GM.  Could written maps have more use?  
    While I write an occasional wall map and a few maps for my fisher to plot courses on for fishing quests, a regular map making pen will last me for months. 
    What I would like to see would be for plotted maps to be sealable with red leaves and, when sealed, able to be labelled. So I could mouse over and see 'Papua to Sea Market' instead of opening all my maps till I find the one I want. 
    Have to say making the box stealable kind of kills the point of having the items inside safe. Make the chest blessed so it's worth having. 
    edited January 2022
    I like the cartography table, and will probably get one for looks alone, but it has very limited usage. I can see some shops stocking one along with lockpick training chests, but few people make maps in any quantity once they've trained to GM.  Could written maps have more use?  
    While I write an occasional wall map and a few maps for my fisher to plot courses on for fishing quests, a regular map making pen will last me for months. 
    What I would like to see would be for plotted maps to be sealable with red leaves and, when sealed, able to be labelled. So I could mouse over and see 'Papua to Sea Market' instead of opening all my maps till I find the one I want. 
    I'm not sure if there are enough cartography craftable items but it would be cool to make Cartography BODs / rewards. That would give this item some actual use outside of raising Carto.

Riner said:
    Have to say making the box stealable kind of kills the point of having the items inside safe. Make the chest blessed so it's worth having. 
    I talked to Kyronix on TC1 about the chest. He was dead set against "blessed containers" so that sounds like it's not happening. It also will not be insurable (again seemed against this too). When I suggested this be a Huntsman reward instead so people don't have to fear losing a vet reward he flat out said no it's a vet reward.
    edited January 2022

I talked to Kyronix on TC1 about the chest. He was dead set against "blessed containers" so that sounds like it's not happening. It also will not be insurable (again seemed against this too). When I suggested this be a Huntsman reward instead so people don't have to fear losing a vet reward he flat out said no it's a vet reward.
    Will wait for them to hit Vendors then instead of wasting a Vet pick for one.  Not only will you lose your Vet pick box but all the stealable items you put inside to save. If your worried about leaving items to steal in Fel make it so power scrolls won't go inside. 
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    So these are preview items, not something they are willing to take feedback on?
    I see the vats as to restrictive(10 kegs of 1 type)
    The chest is a neat idea, but for a pick that can sell for over 150 mil, not worth losing it to save 8 items from mobs. Make it blessed, and limit what can go in it.(no cursed, no insured, stackable only ect.)

Riner said:
    Absolutely.
    keven2002 said:
    So, in a shell, at least to my opinion, while being a commendable effort for an item much needed in the game, especially in scenarios where there is increase of decay for Monsters' corpses, the choice of neither wanting to make the Monster-Proof Chest blessed, nor insurable, will make it hardly worth the Veteran pick....

As you said, it should have then been made a Huntsman Reward, instead, under these conditions.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Make the container blessed, but only functional outside of the Fel rule set?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Merus said:
    Make the container blessed, but only functional outside of the Fel rule set?
    Couldn't it be coded to work a certain way if the player was in heat of battle?
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    What good is a non blessed container monsters can’t loot if you die?  Sooner or later you will will lose it when you either forget to or can’t pick up your belongings.  Is it insurable?  If not, really have to wonder about this one.  If it’s not meant to be carried, how would the looting restriction be useful?
    popps said:
    keven2002 said:
    So, in a shell, at least to my opinion, while being a commendable effort for an item much needed in the game, especially in scenarios where there is increase of decay for Monsters' corpses, the choice of neither wanting to make the Monster-Proof Chest blessed, nor insurable, will make it hardly worth the Veteran pick....

As you said, it should have then been made a Huntsman Reward, instead, under these conditions.
    Buy Undertakers staffs from the store.  It comes back to you with all the contents.

You asked for this item, you got it.  They can not make a blessed container that holds items.
    Players would put power scrolls in them and items at fel IDOCs.

Figure out how to use what you asked for.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Pawain said:

Buy Undertakers staffs from the store.  It comes back to you with all the contents.

You asked for this item, you got it.  They can not make a blessed container that holds items.

i raise you bandage belts and quivers that only allow certain items in them, that are insurable.
    make it insurable and only allow certain items inside, and its a winner.
    Easiest fix bless it and not allow cursed items
    Norry said:
    Pawain said:

i raise you bandage belts and quivers that only allow certain items in them, that are insurable.
    Post on the feedback thread that they should make a container that only holds:

Orange petals, Grapes of Wrath, Enchanted Apples, Fish Pies, Fruit Baskets, Petals of Trinsic.

But they would probably be only to make them hold a specific one of those like the First Aid Belt and Quivers.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    Pawain said:
    Norry said:
    Pawain said:

Orange petals, Grapes of Wrath, Enchanted Apples, Fish Pies, Fruit Baskets, Petals of Trinsic.

But they would probably be only to make them hold a specific one of those like the First Aid Belt and Quivers.
    This would be a great option 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Pawain said:
    Norry said:
    Pawain said:

i wouldn't be opposed to having 
    an apple bushel for enchanted apples or grapes of wrath
    a flower basket for orange petals & petals of trinsic
    (either insurable or blessed container)