What are your top 5 castle contest entrants? Here's mine...

GreatHartGreatHart Posts: 8
edited January 2022 in General Discussions
My top 5:
  1. N.2 “Town Square” by Giorgio Armani
  2. N.65 “Rural Downtown” by Wendy
  3. N.199 “Hunter’s Hold” by Kaz
  4. N.16  “The Scratching Post” by Princess
  5. N.108 “The Retreat” by Ynise Amandil

Comments

• GrimswindSistersGrimswindSisters Posts: 37
    edited January 2022

1.  The Retreat  by Ynise Amandil (bias here, it's mine)
    2.  The Township by Christmas Magic
    3.  Highland Estate by Mr Crowley
    4.  Castle Terra by Gucci
    5.  Lord Obsidian's Manor by Nightshade

so many good designs this time around - my other entry is Courtyard by Serenity, which is a design that I love, but The Retreat has a barn <3

• Take a look at number 10, Castle Rawk on page one.
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 632
    edited January 2022
    This was a particularly tough round for me. I really wanted to see new and different designs and I think I got what I was hoping for. I didn't want to see more of the same designs, standard castle, etc that we already have so many of. We need to expand our choices. What felt important to me was getting away from the stone castle look.

What surprised me was how interesting some of the towns/villages were. I would love the chance to be able to decorate one of these. For those that have townships these could be a wonderful addition. They were well done. Homewood was wonderful, it even had an outhouse! Vendortown was very similar in style and as good. I loved Japanese Chio-Toshi and felt like I was in an anime. It was so cool.

Other non-village designs that I loved were Neco-vani. A lot of thought went into that design. If I had a PK guild or Vampire guild or such that building would be the center focus. Pretty amazing. Glacial Palace I really love because it come closes to matching what I want personally, the Taj Majal.

There are so many more but if I can only list 5 I guess those would be them.
    I ended up voting for Homewood as I feel it's time for a whole different option and that was, for me, the best choice for a medieval game. And no, it's not mine. I don't have any skin in this round. Good luck to all the builders and please save your designs for the next round because you all can't win this round. So many great ones and so hard to choose! <3

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    one of these 2 first

Town Square or Necromansion

then

Shadows Of Myth

there are a few village ones i like as well

some very good designs well done everyone
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    I thought there were a ton of awesome designs. So much of if comes down to personal taste and function, so grading them almost feels wrong.

The top 5 that I could see myself using were:

1. N2 Town Square
    2. N61 Old Fortress
    3. N65 Rural Downtown
    4. N136 Shadows of Myth
    5. N171 Herot

Honorable mentions for outstanding creativity:
    N70 Necrovania
    N182 Necromansion
    N191 Remote Island Observatory
  • BenBen Posts: 208
    This was a particularly tough round for me. I really wanted to see new and different designs and I think I got what I was hoping for. I didn't want to see more of the same designs, standard castle, etc that we already have so many of. We need to expand our choices. What felt important to me was getting away from the stone castle look.

What surprised me was how interesting some of the towns/villages were. I would love the chance to be able to decorate one of these. For those that have townships these could be a wonderful addition. They were well done. Homewood was wonderful, it even had an outhouse! Vendortown was very similar in style and as good. I loved Japanese Chio-Toshi and felt like I was in an anime. It was so cool.

Other non-village designs that I loved were Neco-vani. A lot of thought went into that design. If I had a PK guild or Vampire guild or such that building would be the center focus. Pretty amazing. Glacial Palace I really love because it come closes to matching what I want personally, the Taj Majal.

There are so many more but if I can only list 5 I guess those would be them.
    I ended up voting for Homewood as I feel it's time for a whole different option and that was, for me, the best choice for a medieval game. And no, it's not mine. I don't have any skin in this round. Good luck to all the builders and please save your designs for the next round because you all can't win this round. So many great ones and so hard to choose! <3

:) <3