Issue with TC house contest stone left MANY designs out of the contest

So I am on TC and MANY people are saying their designs did not make it onto the stone even though they were enabled into the contest.

I finished mine WAY before the 15th but exited and re-entered the contest on both of my designs just in case. Neither one is on the stone....as is the same for many others.

PLEASE find a way to fix this!

Comments

• Dixie_of_Chessy1Dixie_of_Chessy1 Posts: 75
    edited January 2022
    Yeah mine was entered well over a week ago and isn't on the stone.. 
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    Indeed,  many of us are not showing up in the competition, and you can see in my screen, it says its registered as it gives the option to "exist house design contest", and the plot is set to public.

(the hour on my screen is Europe, so this image was taken a few minutes after the stone with participants was enabled)

Please Help
  • I submitted mine the first day and it isnt there !

• I've heard mine is not showing, but I won't be able to see or do anything about it till 6pm pst or so, if there is anything that can be done. It was resubmitted after their announcement about things being bugged. 
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    My husband just told me Bleak and Mesanna are both on TC working on it. I’m sure they’ll try to rectify it. 
    Indeed, Messana appeared and is solving the problem as we speak!  Awesome! 
    HUGE THANKS! <3
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Mesanna, Bleak AND Misk are on TC right now helping. THANK YOU so much for taking the time to come into the game to help with this.  Much love!

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    I entered the contest a few days ago
    but I checked again this morning
    one wasn't listed as in the contest, so I re-entered it.
    the other was showing in the contest.
    (both appeared on the stone)

a friend checked this morning & his showed that it was entered in the contest
    but his wasn't on the stone
    I gated Bleak to this location.

I have another friend whose didn't appear on the stone.
    Unfortunately she is at work and couldn't be there when the DEVs were there.
    And I didn't have a rune to her plot.

I asked others in chat
    if they had made sure this morning if theirs was entered.
    they had made sure yesterday, but not this morning.
    so maybe the bug happened sometime this morning, on clearing all these houses from the contest
    edited January 2022
    Yes because the stone said BEFORE the 18th.....why check ON the 18th....we did what was told of us.

I even did as you did and took both of mine out of the contest and put them back in this morning. Neither one was on the stone. 

I am glad they are fixing it though, it might take some time...so I would hope that IF anyone voted, those votes get wiped so everyone has an equal chance.

Again thank you to Mesanna, Misk and Bleak for taking the time to do that this morning, I hope they set a time up to do it for the people who were not able to be on at that time.

TC is going down, hopefully those who were on this morning will have their designs put on the stone when it comes back up.

• Mine are not on the stone as of yet. Also, the devs were on during my work hours. I am hoping a friend can help get mine on there, but with voting be allowed to go ahead I feel my chances dropping immensely. We need more hours of availability to get our submitted home actually on the stone, and for votes to be reset. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Very popular contest on TC.   Many have already voted so its not good for those not on the list.  And would not be fair to restart voting.  Those who voted may not know to return and vote again.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Well this is to be expected the first contest...oh wait well spaghetti code oh wait the current developers implemented this.... 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

• Thx for the fast help yesterday. May the best design win this time!

but...some crap is always ;)  - sorry I have to come out again with that!

Now Charcopy for the TC doesn't work again - until yesterday it ran smoothly, and I thought - oh, now they finally got the hang of it, that this feature for TC isn't gone with every new wipe.

So either Bleak was too eager again yesterday, or someone else didn't feed the hamster again ;) Please fix it as soon as possible. Thanks! People want to vote and not bother with skills on TC.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

• BleakBleak Posts: 143Dev
    Character copy is accessible once again. For any additional contest entries that are still missing, I will be on TC1 today in the commons or you can provide the location in this thread.
  • Thank you Bleak, hope to see you soon!

Castle Name:    Purrdy Katzell

Facet:                 Trammel

Co-ordinates:   20o 28’S x 39o 22’W,  w1. 763. 1857. 0

Castle Name:      Eclectic Castle Ecstasy

Facet:                   Trammel

Co-ordinates:     33o 8’S x 37o 7’W,  w1. 795. 2000. 0

• I'll be at work again, so here are the names and Coords:

The Trinsic Rose Village
    Facet: Malas
    Coords: 20o 45'N, 36o 8'E
    Blended grassy area, a few homes on it, full basement

TheTrinsic Rose Castle
    Facet: Malas
    Coords: 29o 59N, 30o 30'E
    Generic-ish castle look for fun

both are not far west out of Umbra, just off the road each direction. If just one do the village, Id love to be able to decorate that up on my home shard someday with trees, ponds, a cave and the like.

• Mu_WhiskersMu_Whiskers Posts: 19
    edited January 2022
    Both entered on the stone, but using it teleports characters to center of house (not outside the house as expected) and unable to move. Could it be a bad Z-axis/elevation value? "Leave House" from character's gump works to release one from catatonic state!
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    @Bleak so are votes already cast going to be wiped(mine are already cast), or are the late entries at an unfair disadvantage?
    Norry said:
    @ Bleak so are votes already cast going to be wiped(mine are already cast), or are the late entries at an unfair disadvantage?
    The fair thing is to wipe all votes and set new window for voting in  say two weeks it's not like there's any hurry...
  • KazKaz Posts: 123
    I dont think its going to matter in the end.  Im sitting here at the stone watching people gate in their voters. 

The folks who bribe or are a part of large guilds will be controlling which designs make it to the end.  
  • TjalleTjalle Posts: 77
    edited January 2022

Castle name: Flora Castle

Co-ordinates: 67o 4'N, 61o 22'E

Facet: Trammel
  • Castle name: Hlzerne Burgstadt

Coords 38`N 53`W

Facet: Tokuno
  • ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 313
    @Bleak ; My castle is not showing on the stone:

• BleakBleak Posts: 143Dev
    All listed entries have been added.
    Kaz said:
    I dont think its going to matter in the end.  Im sitting here at the stone watching people gate in their voters. 

The folks who bribe or are a part of large guilds will be controlling which designs make it to the end.  
    Nobody needs to gate in anyone as all toons are born here with a rune book with 9999 charges, and a preset rune to the bank 10 paces east. 
    Yesterday I too had a gate open full time for mepole AT the stone to go visit my house , while my place was not on the stone yet... and bystanders went into the gate, and came back again through the constantly open gate.. to and from my house.
    So please stop the conspiracy theories!
    Bleak said:
    Thanks for the super fast response!   <span>:smile:</span>
    Archangel said:
    Bleak said:
    Thanks for the super fast response!   <span>:smile:</span>
    Will houses that got an early start be blacked out for 24 hours or we'll just not notice..
    I have to agree with Kaz unfortunately, the people in bigger guilds with more friends and accounts will get more votes. It's not mainly about the best designs though that is part of it. Yes the Dev's have the final say but they vote on the ones that get the most votes...which, again, are those who have the most people/accounts.

This time around there are almost 200 entries, SO many of them are SO good it was hard for me to chose just one. I chose one that I personally would not use, but in my opinion was the best designed with the most usable space.

I have yet to cast my vote because I know there are still more that need to be added and I will give those as much thought and considerations as the other ones. People were voting almost as soon as voting was open...they literally had no time to look at every entry so you know they were voting for either their own or a friend/guildmate. Same with the governor elections...it's just the way it is.

I just enjoy looking at all of the creativity and time and effort some people took into these designs.

• Castle Name: Grand Palace

Facet: Felluca

Coordinates:  43.26N 67.0 E