Enabling Journal Timestamp in EC Pushes Text Off Screen

KhyroKhyro Posts: 227
Issue
In EC, when you enable Chat timestamps, longer lines of text will wrap incorrectly and be partially cutoff from the journal.

Steps to Reproduce
  1. In EC, enter text into the chat window. You should include short entries and longer entries
  2. Go into the Journal options and enable the "Show Timestamp" option
  3. Observe the text wrapping oddly on the longer entry
  4. Use CTRL+Q to resend your longer entry, or re-type it
  5. Observe the longer entry now getting cutoff incorrectly
  6. Disabled the "Show Timestamp" option, chat appears normal
  7. Re-enable the "Show Timestamp" option, the issue persists
Expected Result
Enabling Chat Timestamps should not cause text to wrap incorrectly or become cutoff in the Journal

Video of the Issue:

https://www.uo-cah.com
Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

Comments

• TraleahTraleah Posts: 10
    Is there a resolution for this bug other than turning off the time stamp?  I am having this issue.  Thanks.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Traleah said:
    Is there a resolution for this bug other than turning off the time stamp?  I am having this issue.  Thanks.
    They've only had 4 years don't rush them 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Before we talk about timestamp issues how do you make the journal show the latest line? I have submitted the bugs for 5 years - after playing the game for a short while the journal window will not show the latest line unless I try to resize window several times to "force" the latest line to show up or I will be missing the latest info from the game. Trying to do that during a fight or event is a pain. 

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs