Evasion diminishing returns not working?

YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
edited January 2022 in Bugs
"

Bug Fixes

• Bushido Evasion PvP: every evade is now subject to diminishing returns

I evade many many things and the last parry chance does not seem to ever reduce on my weapon after many evades. I am not sure if this diminishing returns is working or am i misunderstanding?"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    The evasion chance is not the parry chance???
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited January 2022
    “It is not?

can you then explain why the last parry chance increases from around 37 to 50 when using evade?

Or deceases down from 35% to <\5% when passive evading in white tiger form?

How this works please?”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    edited January 2022
    problem isnt with evasion, problem is with casting schools being able to use at will.   Pvp will suffer til the end of UO until this is fixed.  Been 4 years at least since pvp has been completely broken and no help from the team to address any of it.
  • quickbladequickblade Posts: 291
    edited January 2022
    They need to reduce the speed of the bokuto, only way to fix this whole bushido mage thing, by affecting the hybrid mages by forcing them to wear actual dexxer stats like swing speed increase and stamina increase to hit fast on a bokuto, because as it is right now they dont need any of that to hit 1,25s, and it wouldnt nerf the actual dexxers with bokutos because these have high stam to begin with.

So nerf bokuto down to 2,5s base speed, most problems fixed.

As for the evasion and the issue here,  I am not sure, I've actually never tested the diminushing returns fix from recent patch. But I will do some tests for you and come back with results
  • LynkLynk Posts: 185
    that won't fix anything... most bok mages are already running 120 stam and 20 ssi anyways to swing the hatchet at cap

edited February 2022
    @Mariah will you move to bug forum?
    It doesn’t seem anyone can provide evidence evasion diminishing returns is working, but there is evidence it is not working”
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    edited February 2022
    Hard cap the amount of evasions that happen, with an increase depending on bushido skill. Evasion is a 2 part defensive, change the portion where it has a chance to block/evade attacks while the buff is active to a capped # of attacks can be blocked, and keep the Tact+Anat bonus to the amount of time the buff is active for.

Evasion: Req. 60 skill to activate (97.5 Bushido for 100% success on cast)
    Evades base of 2 attacks, an additional attack can be evaded for every 20 points of bushido (total of 5 evades at 120 for those who cant count)

Increase the cooldown to 30 seconds after the buff falls off.

It's really not that difficult to balance these things. Stop over complicating shit lmao.
    gay said:
    Hard cap the amount of evasions that happen, with an increase depending on bushido skill. Evasion is a 2 part defensive, change the portion where it has a chance to block/evade attacks while the buff is active to a capped # of attacks can be blocked, and keep the Tact+Anat bonus to the amount of time the buff is active for.

Evades base of 2 attacks, an additional attack can be evaded for every 20 points of bushido (total of 5 evades at 120 for those who cant count)

It's really not that difficult to balance these things. Stop over complicating shit lmao.
    Does this impact PVM particularly sampires the very bread and butter of UO...
    edited February 2022
    McDougle said:
    gay said:

Does this impact PVM particularly sampires the very bread and butter of UO...

who cares? PvMers aren't the people spending plats on plats for high end items, and giving the pvmers a reason to farm in the first place. Be grateful pvpers are willing to buy the gold to waste on over priced items that get bot farmed anyways, or in most cases just pay IRL directly to the person selling the item.

Things change, it affects everyone. If your only argument for why things shouldn't be balanced for one end of the spectrum is because things on the other end of the spectrum might change, then you're part of the global problem in this game, and absolutely not part of the solution.

Furthermore sampires are overdue for a nerf as is. Get over it.
    "Well, the patch notes only stated Evasion for PvP, but to be honest i don't see why they would only do diminishing returns in PvP but not PvM, seems a little strange, 
    also not sure how that would work if a player sets a pet/summons on someone"
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Some argumentative comments have been removed. Please remember this is a reporting forum.
    edited February 2022
    Rorschach said:
    Some argumentative comments have been removed. Please remember this is a reporting forum.
    I think wanting a pvm voice in any pvp fix thread is important if my voice is "argumentative " i nominate pawain or popps 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    My guys with Bushido evade so rarely that I don't see how this change would hurt them.
     :D 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    some unconstructive, uniformative posts have been removed. Please keep to the topic and not personal attacks. Thank you.
  • Pawain said:
    My guys with Bushido evade so rarely that I don't see how this change would hurt them.
     :D 
    I can show you how mechanics work in UO, 50m a lesson.

McDougle said:
    Rorschach said:
    I think wanting a pvm voice in any pvp fix thread is important if my voice is "argumentative " i nominate pawain or popps 

Are you sure, its pretty clear Pawain just stated they don't know how to play the easiest template in UO. I guess lets nominate Popps.

Lastly, Evasion is sooo broken in this game. There should just be a hard cap on total damage you can evade and a successful parry chance cap while using evasion. While we are working on that lets nerf life leech/Vamp form. Sampires are way overpowered and need to be adjusted for the long term.
    Sampires are way overpowered and need to be adjusted for the long term.
    We are in the longterm right now, my dude. I remember when vamp form was nerfed so that it didn't function with spells anymore because "aoe life leech with wither is OP" but instantaneous damage every 1.25 seconds with hit area damage that scales based on the initial hit, with zero cast time and full defensive capability of Parry, Bush Parry, Weapon Skill and DCI isn't classified as "OP" one bit.
  • You know its OP when you can go from 2 HP to 150 in one swing, please someone defend that? Or maybe vamp form shouldn't work with specials like whirlwind? Its time to nerf these easy templates and make UO more competitive again!
    You know its OP when you can go from 2 HP to 150 in one swing, please someone defend that? Or maybe vamp form shouldn't work with specials like whirlwind? Its time to nerf these easy templates and make UO more competitive again!
    Leeches scale off ss skill level easy fix.
     no other skill set lets you use features at full strength without having supporting skills 
    Mage/eval 
    Tame/lore
    Mystic/focus 
    Etc
    edited February 2022
    You know its OP when you can go from 2 HP to 150 in one swing, please someone defend that? Or maybe vamp form shouldn't work with specials like whirlwind? Its time to nerf these easy templates and make UO more competitive again!
    Ive been saying the exact same thing months ago, it's not normal to be full from 0 to 100 hp and mana in one swing, while it takes my tamer or mage  almost 1 minute to regen all my mana, while im doing nothing but meditating. (and having to have meditate skill)
  • McDougle said:
    Leeches scale off ss skill level easy fix.
     no other skill set lets you use features at full strength without having supporting skills 
    Mage/eval 
    Tame/lore
    Mystic/focus 
    Etc
    The problem is you have two different leeches being stacked together. I think making SS tied to how useful the life drain is would be a great start.
    Just make it so that every 20 points of spirit speak, you gain 4% life drain with vamp. embrace. So a JoaT human in vamp form would have 4% life drain effect in form. At 100 spirit speak you would have the current version of Vamp form with 20%, at 120 you would have 24%.

Address the other leeches on weapons by addressing how whirlwind works, Hit area damage scales based on the initial whirlwind hit, when you scale that hit with a slayer, and targeting the lowest resistance, then then the bushido increasing the damage as well per mob hit up to five mobs. Then hit area has a chance to proc for every monster hit in the swing, if you hit 9 mobs at once, then you have a chance of 9 super scaled hit areas going out across the screen.

Hit area should only be 2-4 tile radius, not a full screen.
    edited February 2022
    gay said:
    Just make it so that every 20 points of spirit speak, you gain 4% life drain with vamp. embrace. So a JoaT human in vamp form would have 4% life drain effect in form. At 100 spirit speak you would have the current version of Vamp form with 20%, at 120 you would have 24%.

Address the other leeches on weapons by addressing how whirlwind works, Hit area damage scales based on the initial whirlwind hit, when you scale that hit with a slayer, and targeting the lowest resistance, then then the bushido increasing the damage as well per mob hit up to five mobs. Then hit area has a chance to proc for every monster hit in the swing, if you hit 9 mobs at once, then you have a chance of 9 super scaled hit areas going out across the screen.

Hit area should only be 2-4 tile radius, not a full screen.
    I like these ideas, vampiric embrace form could use a similar formula to wraith form/mana leech, where you have a flat base leech value at 0 spirit speak of 8% life drain ( for elves sampire ), then + 2% every 20 spirit speak ( human joat would then have 10% life drain) , and a cap of 20% at 120 spirit speak.
    "this sampire spirit thing was suggested many many years ago, and is great, but not relevant to thread"
  • I know we derailed a bit off topic , let's find a way to balance evade !
    I do agree with some others on this thread about not seeing much changes from whenever they added the diminushing returns on evades.
    Evade I think has always been  based on parry chance, since evades gives +increase % chance to parry when casted ( sometimes up to 51% when using a 2-hand weapon ) but from experience it feel alot more than 51% on evading stuff around, it feels more like a 90%+ right now lol. 
    It should def. be looked into
    edited April 2022
    "i noticed other day in the field that This is now working correctly,now display only is working correctly (edit)
    but i did not read anywhere about it being fixed

(I also noticed the other month the unpublished spelling correction
    possibly due to an unending campaign of justice from the fine descendents of the Earl of Sandwich, a victory for humanity)"

Yoshi said:
    "i noticed other day in the field that This is now working correctly,
    but i did not read anywhere about it being fixed

But it doesnt seems to reduce the evading itself since you evaded all blows... it reduced parry chance ?? Then why do they call it evading diminushing returns
    edited April 2022
    "yeah that is true, still seems to evade like 99% of the time hmm
    well they got half way lol"
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Some posts have been removed. This is a bug report. If further discussion is needed reopen this topic in general.
This discussion has been closed.