help with UOAssist

"under resources, have set enchanted apple/s as resource
assist will only count the number of piles of enchanted apples, will not count the apples.

Posted this before a decade ago and was told this problem is unique to me and everyone else it counts all apples, have since got a new PC and new version of windows, still same issue,

anyone know how to fix?"
Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• ditch unassisted and use another unapproved program mesanna said in the last dev live stream they don't care about them
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited October 2021
    ditch unassisted and use another unapproved program mesanna said in the last dev live stream they don't care about them
    So, now, all of the "unapproved" Third Party programs which before could not even be mentioned can now be freely used by players without any worry of consequences due to the TOS ?

Do you have a Link to the time stamp of Developers' Live Stream  where this was mentioned ?

@Mesanna , @Kyronix , can you please confirm this to avoid any possible misunderstanding to UO players ?

@Mariah , @Rorschach , can you please confirm that now UO players can freely use these unapproved Third Party programs which once could not even be mentioned on these Forums and also discuss about them on these Forums, freely ?

Thanks.
  • You can look up the livestream and watch it all for the timestamp.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    @popps no no and no it's no to all these questions maybe before you reply pm and ask if it's just sarcasm involved..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • ditch unassisted and use another unapproved program mesanna said in the last dev live stream they don't care about them

This is a bold and specific claim and it is incumbent upon you to provide backing for it. Especially since it's easy enough to verify if it's true.

Here is my attempt.

Here's a link to the most-recent dev team video:

it dates to June 2021. I remember listening to it. I don't recall anything being said like that and none of the comments on the video suggest they said anything like that. At least not that I can see. What do you see, and where do you see it?

Here is a link to the Stratics board discussion of that livestream:

Nothing in there suggests that they at any point said they 'don't care about' unapproved third party programs. The only references I can find to anything close to that are this comment, and various replies to it:

[During this 'chat' Mesanna also made a point of refusing to discuss third party clients, so will these be allowed on New Legacy? If not then the team need to get off the fence and say if they are still illegal. With so many old folks playing UO it would help many people if they didn't have to do so much clicking, especially if they are having to raise all skills on a new shard. I still feel like they do a lot of talking but don't actually say much. There is no way this can be out this year with everything still so vague.]

Not sure what the poster meant by her saying that Mesanna "made a point of refusing to discuss" the issue. But, at any rate, it's very far from the bold claim you're making. At least that's what I see. What do you see, and where do you see it?

It's definitely arguable that, in effect, they don't care, until they suddenly do, temporarily and at unpredictable intervals.

That's definitely my perception too. And it saddens me.

But that's different from the claim you're making, which is, as noted, a very bold and specific claim.

Just so that I'm clear I'll repeat myself, yet again: I concur that, from the devs' actions, it sure seems that they have priorities other than these programs. But that's different from what you said.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator

@ Mariah , @ Rorschach , can you please confirm that now UO players can freely use these unapproved Third Party programs which once could not even be mentioned on these Forums and also discuss about them on these Forums, freely ?

Thanks.

No, I cannot confirm that. To the best of my knowledge the only approved add ons for the classic client are uoassist, uoam and uocartographer. 
  • Mariah said:
    To the best of my knowledge the only approved add ons for the classic client are uoassist, uoam and uocartographer. 

Ultima Mapper is also an approved third-party program. Has been since 2012.
    UWF Emissary
    Developer of Ultima Mapper
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    sorry, I wasn't sure if that was still functioning.
  • MadMartyrMadMartyr Posts: 61
    edited October 2021
    All good, just making sure I wasn't entirely forgotten.  :smile:
    UWF Emissary
    Developer of Ultima Mapper
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited January 2022
    "anyone found a fix for this?
    I have no idea when i have run out of enchanted apples....

or please show me this working for you, i'm not understanding why this is only an issue on  my account.

how does anyone play this game? i see everyone using enchanted apples i'm not understanding please"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    "anyone found a fix for this?
    I have no idea when i have run out of enchanted apples....

or please show me this working for you, i'm not understanding why this is only an issue on  my account.

how does anyone play this game? i see everyone using enchanted apples i'm not understanding please"

I just look at the apples in my pack problem solved next issue please 
    edited January 2022
    "show me please, i have to mouse over them to count? then you stop running, i don't see people stopping running to count apples, also they are normally burried"
    Yoshi said:
    "show me please, they are normally burried"
    I can give a lesson on pack organization only 1 plat 
    edited January 2022
    "show me how to display the number of them in the pack please thank you.

I have 30+ people in my guild but none on official client, please show me thanks"
    Yoshi said:
    "show me how to display the number of them in the pack please thank you.

I have 30+ people in my guild but none on official client, please show me thanks"
    Well after you get done reporting all these cheaters i would be glad to show you a trick or two 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    edited January 2022
    Why does the count matter? if greater than 1 then you will see them stacked and you have them to use. If you see 1 or less you are SOL.

If you are really concerned about knowing how many you have then take the apples 1 by 1 and line them up along your backpack and you can quickly get an idea of how many you have. Probably not how I'd spend my time playing the game but to each their own if seeing the apple count is really that big of a deal for you.

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    So funny that he states that all his guild is running illegal 3rd party programs but him, what a crock of BS.  @Mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak @Misk please investigate the guild @Yoshi is in and ban them all.
    So funny that he states that all his guild is running illegal 3rd party programs but him, what a crock of BS.  @ Mesanna @ Kyronix @ Bleak @ Misk please investigate the guild @ Yoshi is in and ban them all.
    You would think with his multiple admissions about his guild they would all be banned already..
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Yoshi, the enhanced client allows you to see everything in your pack.  It’s easy to see how many apples you have and easy to double click on them when you want to use one.  You can also put anything from you pack on a hot bar and use that instead of looking in your pack.  A macro would also be easy to set up although I have not done one for the apples.
    edited January 2022
    keven2002 said:
    Why does the count matter? if greater than 1 then you will see them stacked and you have them to use. If you see 1 or less you are SOL.

If you are really concerned about knowing how many you have then take the apples 1 by 1 and line them up along your backpack and you can quickly get an idea of how many you have. Probably not how I'd spend my time playing the game but to each their own if seeing the apple count is really that big of a deal for you.

"yes this will work to seperate the apples as UO assist counts the piles of apples so number of piles will equal number of apples, but this will take a long time each time i restock with say 20 apples or loot from other players, i very rarely loot separate apples

they are supposed to stack,
    uoassist counts my stacked potions and bandages, not sure why it's working like this only with apples and only for me?

I am just asking to see other people's setup as perhaps it's user error if problem is unique to me, is this how you count your apples?

I know i am not the only person in this game who uses enchanted apples
    "
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Yoshi said:
    I am just asking to see other people's setup as perhaps it's user error if problem is unique to me, is this how you count your apples?

I know i am not the only person in this game who uses enchanted apples
    "
    I do use enchanted apples; I have them in a stack in my pack. I can easily see them in my pack and press a button to use. I don't have a need to know the number because when I see my stack turn from 2 apples into a single apple I know I only have 1 more left and it's time to restock. 

I'm struggling to understand why you need to know the apple count; whether or not you see you have 1 apple from a hot bar or from just seeing 1 apple in your pack; nothing changes... you still have 1 apple and will need to restock. 
    edited January 2022
    “You’re not carrying many items in that backpack, no standard pvp kit.
    I guess I could carry a separate container for the apples and keep that open so they don’t get burried”
    Yoshi said:
    I guess I could carry a separate container for the apples and keep that open so they don’t get burried”
    That's a great idea maybe email tug about issues with uoassist might be a better plan too
    “I have tried emailing tugsoft many times before but I will try again” 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Yoshi said:
    I carry a bag for edibles. I have 60 to 90 items in my backpacks.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited January 2022
    "i tried emailing many times, no response.
    Can i please just have a screenshot of someone else's apple count with settings? I think it is my mistake somewhere if problem is only for me"
    this is not a UO product if no other user has replied who do you expect to help with this? again i recommend emailing tug 
    @McDougle you won’t show me a screenshot of your UOAssist settings?”
    Yoshi said:
    “ @ McDougle you won’t show me a screenshot of your UOAssist settings?”
    I use EC something that would fix 98.9% of the issues you post about 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Yoshi said:
    “ @ McDougle you won’t show me a screenshot of your UOAssist settings?”
    OU Assist
    Resources Tab
    Apples must be in main pack
    Select User 1 button select item target apples
    Select User 1 button and select Set user Text and type what you want
    Count Resources
    Display TAB
    Titlebar display check USER box