Warning prepare to recreate all hot bars and macros as best you can

Yesterday I had to log off in a hurry while trying to fill a trade order so I logged out with the trade order  in a tavern.  When I logged back on I got a message telling me I had to choose a client.  I opted for the choice that would not change anything.  When my avatar came up all its macros and hot bars were gone and I believe  application that allows you to make changes to the screen and how your avatar does things reset.  Spent the night rewriting all my macros, recreating all my hot bars and hoping to make those system changes that would get things back to normal.  Most of you have setups far more complex than mine so be beware.  Don’t know how you can back stuff up but you might review as best you can some of the more complex stuff you have that you can recreate it if you have to.  Appears at this time only the one avatar I logged out with was affected.  

Comments

• Do you play EC client ? If so I can help you with profiles.  CC I can’t.   Either way that’s bad news 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    To back up character files copy the files found in the EA folder inside your pc's documents folder.
    C:\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy\User Data
    or
    C:\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    EC now for several years.  Never had anything like this happen before.  Think it’s mostly back to the way I had it set up before but thanks for the offer.  Will check my documents file.  Thanks for the location.  Don’t really know how to use it though.  That information would be helpful.  Thanks for the quick response.
  • In user data you will find the Acct name and the shards used and then your char profiles.  Just copy them on a regular basis and save them into another folder somewhere (desktop) I do this weekly.  Then if you ever have a crash or reset, it happens, just find the copy and paste it into the folder and replace.  When you reload the saved profile will work 
  • You should have a documents folder shortcut at the bottom of the screen unless you customised PC then open EA games Syrian abyss as per Mariahs post 
  • I logged off perfectly normally after tmapping about a month ago. Logged in after the holidays with MY ENTIRE USER SETTINGS WIPED.

Over 100 macros both stock and custom gone, all windows reset, ~14 max size hotbars many with custom hotkeys gone. @Bleak or @Mesanna
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    It happened to me on one character but i blamed my cat for walking on my keyboard 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "I have lost all my macros and settings many times from crashes when i'm multi-tasking on my machine, so i back them up quite regularly, anytime i add/change one to be honest

i also back up uo-assist macros"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    I logged off perfectly normally after tmapping about a month ago. Logged in after the holidays with MY ENTIRE USER SETTINGS WIPED.

Over 100 macros both stock and custom gone, all windows reset, ~14 max size hotbars many with custom hotkeys gone. @ Bleak or @ Mesanna? 
    The only time I ever had something that drastic happen I found I'd typed in the user name with a space included, somehow it had let me log in, but all my characters came up as if they were new ones. I found I had a separate desktop folder for the new 'account' and all my proper files were still there, intact. I just needed to log in properly.
  • I backup both my userdata and my UOAssist folder at least 3 times a year. I have lost both due to bugs multiple times.