What is the roadmap for 2022?

Now that 2022 has already started its an appropriate question to ask. A few years ago the nextyears roadmap were shared as early as August/September. This isnt the case now, however Im sure you devs thought of something for 2022, so lets share it.

I know UO New Legacy is on the radar for 2022, but what about prod shards?
Lets hear

Comments

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I’m excited to see what they have in store this year, especially details on New Legacy’s release :)
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Take advantage of the time without events and do all those things you put on hold since 2019.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited January 2022
    For production shard, maybe we need a UO cleanup program in the following priorities
    1) Clean up bugs.
    2) Update clean up program with better rewards.
    3) Fix cleanup point issues - every item is supposed to have cleanup point.
    4) Hire 1 more coder to clean up bugs and exploits.

Then I was hoping to revert all shard bound items to non-shard bound, with an in-game magic item or from UO store. What is the damage to make them non-shard bound? Does it shatter the economy overnight?

Where is our wishlist? I thought there was a thread we created 2 or 3 years ago?
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Pawain said:
    Take advantage of the time without events and do all those things you put on hold since 2019.
    This, absolutely.

When the time limited Events are active, I can hardly do anything else so, having some time in between time limited Events I think it as good to take care of anything else that one might want to do but does not feel as doing it when timed Events are up and running....
  • popps said:
    Pawain said:
    This, absolutely.

When the time limited Events are active, I can hardly do anything else so, having some time in between time limited Events I think it as good to take care of anything else that one might want to do but does not feel as doing it when timed Events are up and running....
    like training a sampire and a decent tamer in time for future events
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    If we're making a wish list instruments we can equip and transmog either hand ok 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    McDougle said:
    If we're making a wish list instruments we can equip and transmog either hand ok 
    In addition to that, I think we need some additional slayer instruments like Dino Slayer. I tried to help with an Eodon T-map the other day and wow talk about a lot of fails...
    keven2002 said:
    McDougle said:
    In addition to that, I think we need some additional slayer instruments like Dino Slayer. I tried to help with an Eodon T-map the other day and wow talk about a lot of fails...
    It's not even that all the dinosaurs are too hard it's the quality of loot doesn't match time involved 
  • psychopsycho Posts: 284
    edited January 2022
    It seems clear to me that there is no roadmap for 2022. A hasty castle design contest was set up which requires no work for weeks other than setting up a standard test shard.

Ill give you devs a tips.
    Work on bug fixes and methods to detect cheating in pvp and pvm.
    This will be benefital both to PROD shards and your new Legacy shard.

We all know setting up a new shard doesnt solve the current problems the game faces today, you might want to focus on new content as new players want that, however it doesnt help if the same players are driven away by cheating oponents, espesially on an almost felucca-only new legacy shard.

btw. you could always enable the yukio quest chain for a few weeks, and if you want add an alternative necklace as reward.  I.e.20lrc 10lmc or something else. Theres not many alternatives in that current slot so basically anything creative would work. even fc1 + nightsight would be pretty powerfull indeed.

Good luck, let us hear the news once you come up with something
    While I'm also curious about what's coming up in the next few months as much as the next person, I don't think bashing the Devs a week into the new year because they haven't released something is very fair. 

If I had to guess it's going to be the same style as we had last year where we get a quest type event / treasures type event / spawn type event. They already kind of set that expectation 2 years ago when they implemented that whole system.
  • psychopsycho Posts: 284
    Not bashing the devs. Just curious to what the next roadmap for 2022 is.

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662

we also know that New Legacy is expected to be coming out this year too
    we don't know what all will be in Publish 112
    anything other than this, we just don't know yet

NOTE: cropped pic above is from Dec Newsletter
    (if you haven't seen it, make sure to sign up for the newsletter.
    & if you are signed up for it & didn't see it. check your spam folder.
    About once a year, mine gets sent there)

So will we see something about what's next now that the design contest over maybe new high seas stuff like last year...
  • meltedmantismeltedmantis Posts: 46
    edited January 2022
    with all the silence from the dev team, I have a bad feeling the NL crap has them over extended, and I have to wonder if the rest of the game is going to suffer for the rest of the year while they try to shore up that turd.  If I'm wrong, well, then they just don't care about the player base I guess.  EverQuest for example just released a full roadmap for 2022 and its quite extensive.  You should see all the content.  But we get pet costumes and a belt. boy oh boy. lol
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,211
    This is UO not Ever Quest and I guess all the content that everybody has been doing last year was nothing according to @meltedmantis.  UO stopped telling us a long time ago about long term plans when the player base got very rude when things didn't all happened, I am surprised they even let us in on NL
    They have given us road maps the past few years (check the newsletters). They just don't typically give us full year road maps and I don't think they usually put out much of their plan in Jan (as they are likely still discussing in Jan).

I'm as eager as the next person to know what to expect in the next few month but let's pump the brakes on the Dev bashing when Jan still isn't even over yet.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    keven2002 said:
    I'm as eager as the next person to know what to expect in the next few month but let's pump the brakes on the Dev bashing when Jan still isn't even over yet.
    Yes please.

edited January 2022
    @Lord_Frodo I didn't say anything about last year.  Im talking about this year. So please don't put words in my mouth, 

"UO stopped telling us a long time ago about long term plans when the player base got very rude when things didn't all happened, I am surprised they even let us in on NL"

dude how about next month or the month after. lmao.  not exactly long term.  I'm not sure if your condemning or defending the dev team with that response.
    edited January 2022
    I just need basic basic basic 
    New high seas or no don't need details 
    What's next dungeon don't need details but It'd be nice to know what slayers to start crafting 

All this should be planned already honestly why not enlighten the customer base..
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,211
    @ Lord_Frodo I didn't say anything about last year.  Im talking about this year. So please don't put words in my mouth, 

"UO stopped telling us a long time ago about long term plans when the player base got very rude when things didn't all happened, I am surprised they even let us in on NL"

dude how about next month or the month after. lmao.  not exactly long term.  I'm not sure if your condemning or defending the dev team with that response.

I will say for a FACT that if they did that and could not do it you would be one of the first to complain and throw them under the buss.  You also acted like they did NOTHING last year but
    But we get pet costumes and a belt. boy oh boy. lol
    Those are the words out of your mouth of what we got last year not mine of what we got last year.
  • ...I sometimes wonder if some of you players PLAY this game for fun or USE it for everything "worth" they can get their hands on it and "plan" everything about it. It's a shame, but it must be the strange times atm when some very strange habits spill over into the game and players...
    You need help with simple stuff? https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ -- Otherwise - can I has your stuff?
  • aaaand 112 notes are out, and contains zero, zip, nada game play content.   
    Guess we gotta play all that content from last year.... oh wait, it's all turned off. 
    edited January 2022
    @Lord_Frodo
    "But we get pet costumes and a belt. boy oh boy. lol
    Those are the words out of your mouth of what we got last year not mine of what we got last year."

I was referring to the dev QA that highlighted those items as UP AND COMING... nothing to do with last year... again your just inserting that yourself...  read up above where it has an image from the meet and greet.  kthxbye
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321

Some publishes are released in stages. Not everything mentioned in the newsletter is in the current publish notes. Therefore I confidently expect that there will be a further stage to this publish.

Where's your imagination? This game has more permanent content than I can find time to play, do you really have to be spoon-fed new content every few weeks and no ability to find something fun to do in the permanent content?

• "Where's your imagination? "
    I don't pay to "use my imagination" to come up with ways to make old, dated content fun.

a majority of the "permanent content " is so badly dated I can do it without even doing anything, not to mention the rewards are a complete joke.  We all know all those things need an over haul

So sure, I can go into (insert 95% of the game) and let auto attack on aggression clear the entire place, but I have more interesting things to do with my life.

I can only run roof and the other 2 or 3 perm encounters so many times before its just plain boring.  the ONLY thing that makes them tolerable atm is I have been helping new returning players learn those places, but at this point I can do them with my eyes closed.  M
    We don't have to be so angry i know I'm very vocal and passionate but we need to be constructive or it falls on deaf ears
    So a simple coming up next 
    High seas no details 
    Monsters of... no real details but gives a clue as slayers needed.
    Etc