Maybe we need a bugs only publish

Before any more work on NL
Spellbook straps 
Teleporters and new designs 
Ghost mobs 
Hail storm not working with provoked creatures 
Backpack bug 
I could go on 

Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• There are so many bugs in the game it's not even funny anymore , from spells to masteries not working properly. Even some skills from 'Samourai Expansion' are still not working properly (Frenzy whirlwind) , thats the state of the game. Devs not able to reproduce 90% of the bugs reported is a shame.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    They did that a few years ago. I prefer they keep adding content. There is no bug that really affects my game play enough to matter.

I wish melee targeting worked better. But I would not call that a bug. It just has bad AI. Just like pet ability usage.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Maybe, would be better to fix more currently developing bugs like lost connection errors and the newer constantly starting and stoping movement error that seems to be cropping up every time I face multiple monsters for example, when I treasure chest comes up or when fighting Krampus.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    crashing when using teleporters is getting more frequent too
    It doesn't just happen with using Veteran teleporters
    it does it in your own house (from house customization)

but it gets frustrating when your client closes
    and you login to find creatures in your house beating you up
    (since I customized my keep, all the spawning creatures nearby come inside)
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Arnold7 said:
    Maybe, would be better to fix more currently developing bugs like lost connection errors and the newer constantly starting and stoping movement error that seems to be cropping up every time I face multiple monsters for example, when I treasure chest comes up or when fighting Krampus.
    I had a few lag problems like this just before I got my new computer. It was fixed by re-installing my sound driver. Not all faults with the game are faults with the game. Check your drivers.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited December 2021
    McDougle said:
    Spellbook straps 
    Ghost mobs 
    Backpack bug 
    I could go on 

Yeah, they need to constantly clean up the stuff, before they get buried under such a thick mess they rather quit. 

What if that restaurant u know never clear their rubbish for the whole Year? Try to clear 10 years of rubbish vs doing that consistently on a regular basis. Maintenance and debugging is part of IT job.

I feel the Dev team is like an ostrich when it comes to bugs.

And they have just one coder for the whole game...?
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    McDougle said:
    Spellbook straps 
    Ghost mobs 
    Backpack bug 
    I could go on 

The problem with bug fixes is what bugs are fixed.
    None of those affect me at all.
    I don't have a strap.
    My teleporters work my keeps work.
    CC has  no ghost mobs.
    Don't care about hailstorm on provoked mobs.
    Don't know what your backpack bug is.

So IMO they can move on to NL.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Spellbook straps 
    Ghost mobs 
    Backpack bug 
    I could go on 

I don't have a strap.
    CC has  no ghost mobs.

That's only a little selfish these are all documented bugs that effect many players but thank you for your valuable input 
    edited December 2021
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Spellbook straps 
    Ghost mobs 
    Backpack bug 
    I could go on 

I don't have a strap.
    CC has  no ghost mobs.

That's only a little selfish these are all documented bugs that effect many players but thank you for your valuable input 
    Other than ghosts. Most are what you complain about. So you started this self serving thread. 

Not much going on in either forum but, if these are all documented why do we need to see them here also?
    I think there needs to be 2 different categories 

- real bugs
    - exploits

When we try to put too many things on the table, it adds unnecessary noise to the main objective which is to clear the ever increasing pile of shxx. 

It's like a rubbish can that never gets emptied and you wonder when it will overflow and gets too overwhelming to clear in due course.

The full list of bugs are in the bug forum, we don't have to re list all again. We are gamers, not paid QA.

There is a saying that people gets dissensitised over problems because they are used to them. It does not make the problem go away. 

It's the ostrich who stick their heads into the ground and pretend everything is good above it.
    I don't care which bugs get fixed pick the ones that pawain sees as  issues or pick the oldest 5 ...
    edited December 2021
    McDougle said:
    I don't care which bugs get fixed pick the ones that pawain sees as  issues or pick the oldest 5 ...
    As I have proposed before, they need to have a KPI to fix X number of bugs for each publish. 

If the bugs are piling up, and there is lack of manpower to resolve them, then we ask is it really the case now that the number of subscribers cannot support the game, already?

If that is the signal that that they are sending out, then we should all know what to do, next.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    “None of these affect me at all”

They affect many other people. You can’t empathize with that? When people post about having trouble with their pets, should I chime in and say “I don’t really play a tamer that much so who cares”. People want bugs fixed. We don’t get any communication from the developers about any intentions of fixing the bugs so people feel the need to express their frustrations with that. 
    dvvid said:

They affect many other people. You can’t empathize with that? When people post about having trouble with their pets, should I chime in and say “I don’t really play a tamer that much so who cares”. People want bugs fixed. We don’t get any communication from the developers about any intentions of fixing the bugs so people feel the need to express their frustrations with that. 
    @ Pawain
    Maybe the devs feel the same way and do not want to waste their time explaining why they are not going to fix that particular thing?
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    edited December 2021
    People are acting like the developers never fix bugs but they do so every publish, They just may not getting the bugs you want fixed.  

Publish 111

Publish 110

And here is a list of all the bugs that were fixed in the great bug fix patch:
    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/publish-notes/publish-100/
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Some posts have been removed.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Well said @Violet.

Let's not forget the bug they fixed where pet costumes were being lost (and everyone complained). They put a "fix" in for that fix to humor everyone that complained about having to re-apply their pet's costume upon death. 

If I use @Pawain logic here; MY pets never die so they didn't really need to make the update where the re-application could be done where ever.  >:)
    The pet costume bug is a terrible example as it epitomizes everything wrong with the bug process was there one report in the bugs section or any other section of the forum? If so i missed it?
     So how was this bug so effectively reported that it got a hot fix .
    Using the in game reporting process?
    Emailing messena ?
    How many must have used this most effective procedure??
    Will the best practice be revealed to all for all to use ?
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    McDougle said:
    The pet costume bug is a terrible example as it epitomizes everything wrong with the bug process was there one report in the bugs section or any other section of the forum? If so i missed it?
     So how was this bug so effectively reported that it got a hot fix .
    Using the in game reporting process?
    Emailing messena ?
    How many must have used this most effective procedure??
    Will the best practice be revealed to all for all to use ?
    You forgot one Mesanna's pet died so it became a #1 priority.
    I try to be only mildly inflammatory so we don't get locked  ;)
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Pawain said:
    dvvid said:

@ Pawain
    Maybe the devs feel the same way and do not want to waste their time explaining why they are not going to fix that particular thing?
    Wasting time posting a sentence or 2 on their forum. Lot of time needed for that. 
    edited December 2021
    Violet said:
    People are acting like the developers never fix bugs but they do so every publish, They just may not getting the bugs you want fixed.  

Publish 111

Publish 110

And here is a list of all the bugs that were fixed in the great bug fix patch:
    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/publish-notes/publish-100/
    Then there are another two important issues.

1) They are not ranking the defects or bugs correctly in terms of critical, major and minor.

2) There are too many bugs on their queue such that we will never see the major or critical bugs get fixed.

Every publish fixed 10 bugs and intro 10 bugs. Then the list will always get refilled like the auto decanter.

They need to increase number of bug fix for each publish to maybe 30, 50 or even 100. Not enough manpower? Hire or subcontract out. 
    End of the day, we look at the final results, customer satisfaction. This is what quality is all about, the KPI goals can always be shifted to meet that end. 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited December 2021
    “Violet posts bug fixes but what you don’t see is size of publish text compared to bug fixes

Bug fixes list should be 10 times longer than new content list not the other way around or like Seth said you just introduce more bugs than you fix.

I get killed and looted about 5 times a day, 95% of time due to some bug that has already been reported and many times bug affects official client only.

how does unofficial client fix more bugs when they have 0 paid staff at all?

If bug fix list on next publish is smaller than new content list again then I will be migrating to unofficial client just so I can actually play the game I am paying for”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.