For those who don't read the front page.

MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator

Server Maintenance

Posted on December 23, 2021 by Mesanna

Happy Holidays Everyone,

It is that time again to do maintenance on all warehouses.  At 8 am ET on 12/24/2021  we will be bringing down the log in servers, character transfers, housing, and the in game store.  These will be down for approx. 2 hours at the most.  If anything happens to delay this we will let you guys know as soon as possible.From our UO family to yours, we wish each and everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.  See you in 2022!Keep an eye out for Santa his Elf’s are a little sneaky!UO Team
So don't log out and then wonder why you can't get back in!

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “So what do we do if our pets are about to die?”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Don't play the game 30 minutes before server down....you should know this Mervshi ;)

Curious about the sneaky elves....are we in for a little holiday surprise??? Hmmm...

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Had to do some math. 8 am ET = 5 am PT. I should be sleeping by then.  But no guarantee.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited December 2021
    Drakelord said:
    Log in before the maintenance and you can stay online.  They are not shutting down UO, just the log in ability. 
    Don't log out to get your pet.
    Hopefully the second ones EM logs in an hour early.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    Drakelord said:
    Log in before the maintenance and you can stay online.  They are not shutting down UO, just the log in ability. 
    Don't log out to get your pet.
    Hopefully the second ones EM logs in an hour early.

Event is very laggy, and sometimes we get logged out for various reasons. The maintenance means we cannot log back in.
    More chance to get a drop as the #s peel away.

Also you can tell others to help lag by pressing ALT F4.
    edited December 2021
    Pawain said:

:D Global Chat: speed up the game by pressing Alt-F4.
    I will be the only one left for the event.  (let's hope the EM don't press too!)
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Pawain said:

Does anyone still fall for that one?
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    Mariah said:
    Pawain said:

Not sure about anymore but I had success with my fair share of people with that back in the the day while using my thief <span>:smiley:</span>
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    Mariah said:
    Pawain said:

When battlenet for Diablo was super crowded and you could not join a game, I would say it in gen chat and you wpuld see the names list get smaller.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    Anyone see any sneaky elves (or Santa) running around?
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    keven2002 said:
    Anyone see any sneaky elves (or Santa) running around?
    no
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Still get the lost connection followed by, the first time I try to log on, the incomparable with this world message.  Maybe, not nightly though like before.  Also, movements don’t seem smooth anymore. Seems like my avatar when on horseback moves a few steps, shudders and then starts up again.  Thought it was just my mouse tech. at first but starting to think now that it’s a game generated
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Arnold7 said:
    Still get the lost connection followed by, the first time I try to log on, the incomparable with this world message.  Maybe, not nightly though like before.  Also, movements don’t seem smooth anymore. Seems like my avatar when on horseback moves a few steps, shudders and then starts up again.  Thought it was just my mouse tech. at first but starting to think now that it’s a game generated
    I've been having this issue for the past few days.
    I actually was starting to think that it was just lag from the houses on Atlantic.
    but then i started gathering gifts on a few of the shards.
    running to and from Vesper on a horse, pauses every 3 or 4 paces.
    I finally decided it wasn't worth the aggrivation
    and went back to doing trade runs, but it was still pausing every little bit.

glad to see that others are experiencing the same thing.
    (I ask in Discord if others are experiencing it & they just don't answer)
    I have been getting gifts and doing BODs on many shards. I do not experience any pauses. I see it is time to collect at Vesper.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    When someone experiences lag, it's automatic to blame the game, even if all around aren't having any problems. When I had lag recently I checked that I had upto date drivers, and then I re-installed my sound driver. The lag cleared. Not UO this time.  I would suggest that anyone having these problems at least try my solution, if only for elimination purposes.
    We are playing with a game whose data transfer went over a modem.

I think today's computers and connections should be able to handle UOs data stream.  If they can not, it is most likely the PC. 

We used to run diagnostic programs and clean up our drives often.  These NOOBs that never had a 286 with a 10M hard drive need to learn basic preventive maintenance.
    Me and my whole guild are experiencing HORRIBLE lag....Run run STOP...run run STOP. NOT our computers or drives or anything, yes it's the game, yes it started after the maintenance and it's the worst I've ever seen. Maybe some people are lucky and don't experience it, but it is real and it's very annoying.

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Which Client?  Run a trace.  What other programs are you running.
    I have UO, Classic Client...and my internet browser open with this forum and Stratics open. That is it.

It is NOT my computer...unless the other 9 people in my guild are all having computer issues.....

So yeah....

I remember the west coast having problems and it was where everybody met before going into the cloud near red wood city.  A trace might tell you more.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    The stagger step lag is very real and deadly right now I'm mainly fishing so not impacted but when pirating it's obvious 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    As norm I am pinging 15ms to all West Coast Servers and have ZERO lag.  Yes I have some lag to all East Coast Servers at 70ms but not much, ok to do some traveling and light fighting/resource collecting/shopping..  Over seas shards more lag but alls I do there is shopping so lag really doesn't impact me there.